Singstar Platinum Trophy Unobtainable after shutdown?

MisterKIKI

I can understand that a Platinum would be unobtainable if online trophies hadn't been unlocked (e.g. Channel Surfer), but what if you only need one more offline trophy?

Is it typical the final Platinum requires game specific online services to still be in operation?

• Like 1

Getting the offline trophy shouldn't be an issue. What I'm confused about is, the announcement seems to indicate that even if you've only got offline trophies left and unlock them after the 31st of Jan, the platinum torphy won't unlock.

Edited by MisterKIKI

4 hours ago, timpurnat said:

You'll still be able to earn offline trophies, the problem is that you won't be able to re-download the songs on ps3, so don't delete them. You also won't be able to purchase new songs.

Wrong, all your purchased songs will be available in the Download section, you just can't find them by searching, meaning you can't buy anything else

5 hours ago, MisterKIKI said:

Getting the offline trophy shouldn't be an issue. What I'm confused about is, the announcement seems to indicate that even if you've only got offline trophies left and unlock them after the 31st of Jan, the platinum torphy won't unlock.

Oh, I get it, because the plat is on the list of trophies they deem unobtainable after shutdown. No, that should be just for new players who haven't earned the online trophies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MisterKIKI said:

If it makes you feel any better, there are no Playstation games (that aren't glitched) that the platinum doesn't pop when all trophies are earned.

If you earned the online trophies before the shutdown, earning the offline trophies are local conditions that when they are fulfilled will unlock the trophy.

The announcement only says this:

You will not be able to unlock the following trophies:

• Channel surfer
  • Concert debut
  • Stars in my eyes
  • SingStar™

If you have unlocked those previously, you'll unlock the Platinum once all trophies have been earned.

5 hours ago, timpurnat said:

It was mentioned here: https://www.singstar.com/store.html

"For PS3 users, please check that any digital purchases you have made and would like to keep have been downloaded onto your console before 31 January 2020. If you are a PS3 user and delete any content after that date, you won’t be able to redownload it."

They always warn you about that because you can't find those items by searching... They did the same thing with Ducktales and Castle of Illusion, but both games are still in my Recent Download list from PS3 Store. So everything you bought is still yours. 

4 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

They always warn you about that because you can't find those items by searching... They did the same thing with Ducktales and Castle of Illusion, but both games are still in my Recent Download list from PS3 Store. So everything you bought is still yours. 

They’ve gone out of their way to say PS2 and PS3 will definitely not be able to redownload deleted purchases, but PS4 will be able to. Seems like they’re being specific because they know what they’re talking about.

In this case, you’re right in that it’s still yours, you’re just not going to be able to get it again on a PS3. 

Time will tell what happens with this one. 

• Like 1

I'm like 99% sure @DaivRules and @timpurnat are correct. They've clearly stated that users won't be able to download onto a PS3 again. However, nearly all of the songs are cross platform purchases, so you can redownload a song you bought on the PS3 onto your PS4 from your download list section on the Playstation Store. If I was using a PS3 for this game, I'd be sure to install everything in the next couple of days.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spacey_dweeb said:

@DaivRules@timpurnat If I was using a PS3 for this game, I'd be sure to install everything in the next couple of days.

Yeah I really recommend doing that. Don't quote me on this but I don't think you can buy some songs on disc on ps3(you can do this on ps4). But still platinum is extremely hard without M pop muzik so don't forget to buy it and download it. You also NEED 1 duet song and rap song, amazing grace by Susan Boyle really helps with vibratos. So even if you have 10 random songs downloaded it won't really help you, you need this specific songs to achieve the platinum.

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, matchi15 said:

hey. does the ps4 singstar require the ps4 camera or can I use the ps3 PlayStation eye? 

PS4 camera is required, it really sucks because it's very expensive and useless for other games(unless you own a VR lol). I recommend that you buy a used one on eBay or buy it with a VR bundle

Also, if you don't have enough phones for Singstar app you CAN use ps3 Singstar microphones on ps4.

Edited by timpurnat

18 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

PS3 SingStar downloads worked different and are not in your download list.  Even before the shutdown you couldn’t download them again unless you contacted support.  PS4 downloads are normal so that is why it says PS4 purchases can still be downloaded but not PS3.

• Like 2

PS3 songs can only be downloaded once and are tied to your console. If for any reason you have to download them again you had to contact Sony support and provide the serial number of the console you used. They then unlock your songs after a few days and you can download them again. Once the servers shutdown you will not be able to download PS3 songs again, the store won't exist to download them from even if Sony deactivate the old console, which they won't. I had to do this when my hard drive failed a few years ago. 

Singstar just got delisted on all Platforms and the plat is 100% unobtainable on PS3. It cannot be redownloaded, whatsoever.

PS4 is plausible with Singstar Celebration, thankfully your songs are saved on service list.

If you deleted the game on PS3, then you are forever locked out. Thanks to my friend, DAGGERDRAVEN for checking. The game still works offline, but once deleted, that is it. Also, servers are already down.

• Like 2