RPG Mania 2020 Edition ( Sign ups closed).

On 2/14/2020 at 3:13 AM, Armored_Oso66 said:

So I just got the platinum for Valkyria Chronicles Remaster.

100 + 63 -  9.99 - 0 = 153.01

when I started the game I was already at 14% so I believe that there is no penalty for it. But of course if there are any miscalculations then let me know

When adding the trophy score together (63 points) you have to subtract all the trophies earned before the event. So if you had earned 7 bronze trophies for example, your score would be 100 + 63 - 7 - 9.99 - 0. The 0% penalty is an extra deduction if you had a large amount of trophies completed already.

7 hours ago, cferguson9595 said:

When adding the trophy score together (63 points) you have to subtract all the trophies earned before the event. So if you had earned 7 bronze trophies for example, your score would be 100 + 63 - 7 - 9.99 - 0. The 0% penalty is an extra deduction if you had a large amount of trophies completed already.

So for the 63 points I just added together all of the trophies I just earned and never added the ones I had previously otherwise the total amount of points should be 68, or is it that I have to subtract an additional 5 point anyways?

13 hours ago, Armored_Oso66 said:

So for the 63 points I just added together all of the trophies I just earned and never added the ones I had previously otherwise the total amount of points should be 68, or is it that I have to subtract an additional 5 point anyways?

I just viewed your list and you added the trophies correctly. If your percentage had been 20% for example before the competition, you would have lost an additional 5 points. But you are good to go.

I just wanted to confirm I am not dead. Yes I have no points yet but that was just an unlucky combination of Ratta not releasing any RPGs yet this quarter. BUT I have many RPGs in the early stages I anticipate some significant points added around mid year when they all come home. 

Hope everyone else is having fun too

• Like 3

On 2/13/2020 at 9:09 AM, freddie1989 said:

I haven't quite finished God of War yet but I will next time I get on. I am just trying to work out the scoring element of this event.

So at a rough guess I make it 100 + 48 (trophies earned after 1st Feb) - 10 (completion prior to event as a 17/37 trophies basis rather than a %?) - 30.81 (plat rarity as of today) = 107.19

Can anyone let me know where I am right or wrong? If the trophies prior to event are completion percentage how do i get that as of 1st Feb? Cheers

This is now complete!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AffectatiousDonk said:

I just wanted to confirm I am not dead.

I would also like to state for the record that "reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated".  I'm still working on that non-RPG I had started in late January; thankfully, I've finally gotten the difficult trophies for that one out of the way last weekend and I just have a 10-14 days of grinding left to complete that title.  And my OCD about such things means I'm going to bang it out, in addition to said game being my (potential) 99th platinum and my having a specific game in mind to be #100.

So my RPG playing should commence around the end of the month or so.

• Like 1

First RPG done and the only RPG that counts for the Let's play Warriors

Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers

d691289b5839e7718d3669f3da76adef15819709

The math is... 170 - 6 - 9 = 155 x 2 = 310 - 5.19 = 304.81 - 5 = 299.81

Now back to Mary Skelter 2 to see if I can plat it before Azur Lane: crosswave is out, Only got the Jail Tower left to clear to get both endings and other things plus the LV 81 grind.

Edited by Leon Castle

56 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

The math is... 170 - 6 - 9 = 155 x 2 = 310 - 5.19 = 304.81

there would one more minus but I don't remember the percentage I had before Feb 1st

I got you buddy. 

12/44 = 0.27 * 100 = 27% which translates to -5 points. (9 bronze, 3 silver earned before Feb 1st). 

304.81 - 5 = 299.81 final score. ?

#MathsIsFunJkNotReally #DontHateMe

Edit: Gratz on the plat. Lotta points you got there for it. 

Edited by SanctifiedSword

5 hours ago, SanctifiedSword said:

I got you buddy. 

12/44 = 0.27 * 100 = 27% which translates to -5 points. (9 bronze, 3 silver earned before Feb 1st). 

304.81 - 5 = 299.81 final score. 1f913.png

#MathsIsFunJkNotReally #DontHateMe

Edit: Gratz on the plat. Lotta points you got there for it.

Thank you for the help.

Thank you.

58 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

I have to ask, how was this game? I brought it at release and never got around to starting it.

Take the standard Dynasty Warriors formula and transpose it to a strategy/tactical turn-based RPG.  Plenty of faceless peons to gleefully massacre, plenty of grinding for the platinum, but a lot less frenzied button-mashing.

There are better RPGs out there.  But I found it enjoyable nonetheless and I'm glad that I bought it at release and played it all the way through to completion.

.... as opposed to the current Musou/Warriors title I'm playing, which isn't anywhere near as much fun.

If anyone's looking for an easy game to get the speedrun bonus: Okage Shadow King.

I finished it recently and it's really surprising how slow the top times are considering what's probably possible. My final in game time was 18 hours, add 1 hour save scumming for the Feeling Lucky trophy, total plat time was about 19 hours. And this is from someone who had never played the game before/didn't use a guide (except for tiny gear locations) so there were a few spots were I didn't know how to proceed at first.

If you plan it out and have the time I think closer to 15 hours is possible, which is half the current fastest time. Even if you spread it over multiple days, you have 3.5 days to still be in the top 25.

15 hours ago, fisty123 said:

I have to ask, how was this game? I brought it at release and never got around to starting it.

It's like Fire Emblem with DW characters and Musou/Warriors animation for the Attacks & Musou skills(if you choose the "Warriors" option).

• Like 1

Can I get a ruling on the Granblue Fantasy Versus. 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10334-granblue-fantasy-versus/

It is listed as a fighting game but the majority of the game is played in RPG mode with a quest system, gear + inventory management, gear leveling and character XP levelling. Most of the trophies are tied to the RPG mode as well.

I feel this should count but happy to be guided by others.

• Like 1

Update: 

Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition

100 + 8 - 20 -13.42 = 74.58

(8 trophy points from 1 silver and 1 gold trophy).

Super fast cleanup. Onto cleaning up Skyrim now.

What does everyone else think of Granblue Fantasy Versus mentioned above? Definitely a fighting game from the looks of it with RPG elements in it. Not sure myself on that one since the official game page itself on playstation store lists it as "Action/Fighting" and PSNP lists it as fighting. I'm neutral about it myself, I don't mind it personally passing for points. Looks pretty cool regardless.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AlterArchuria said:

Update:

Light Fairytale Episode 1

100 + 70 - 48.13 = 121.87 + 50 = 171.87

It somehow doesn't have any genre classification on here but its a RPG as such sites like TrueTrophies , PST and others like steam have it listed as such just to be safe.

Definitely looks like an RPG.

I don't think it's eligible for either of the fifty point bonuses, though. It's too old and not enough people have completed it.

17 minutes ago, cckerberos said:

Definitely looks like an RPG.

I don't think it's eligible for either of the fifty point bonuses, though. It's too old and not enough people have completed it.

I asked about that before about if a game didn't have 100 achievers for that speedrun bonus and I was told this:

On 1/31/2020 at 11:54 AM, kingofbattle8174 said:

So for the speed run, i can scale it down, if there are under 100 players, see if you get into the top 25 percentile. So take the number of people that have completed it and times by .25. That will give you the number you have to come in under. If it comes up as a decimal round up to the next while number. 

so it makes it in since 90 x 0.25 = 22.5 or 23 people when rounded up and I was number 5 so think I wiggled in :P

Edited by AlterArchuria

6 hours ago, AlterArchuria said:

I asked about that before about if a game didn't have 100 achievers for that speedrun bonus and I was told this:

so it makes it in since 90 x 0.25 = 22.5 or 23 people when rounded up and I was number 5 so think I wiggled in :P

Ah, fair enough.

The rules on the first page should probably be edited to reflect the change in the scoring rules.

Edited by cckerberos

Update:

Crystar 100 base +68 trophy points -24.76 completion - 0 completion negation = 143.24 points

Standby my previous mention of this game, the story was a good one a couple of chapters that were harder to enjoy due to the path it went down but it had to do it to deliver the ending.
The gameplay could have been better, it was not bad but it became a tad dull at times. Great soundtrack tho.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Armored_Oso66 said:

Just finished up Azur Lane. For those interested in going for the platinum, make sure to rotate your ship girls often both for the battles and for secretaries, it will save you time.

100 (base) + 70 (trophies) - 11.98 (plat rarity) + 50 (new game bonus) = 208.02

Okay, I've seen this game mentioned several times. Just what exactly is this game? o.o