RPG Mania 2020 Edition ( Sign ups closed).

9 hours ago, SanctifiedSword said:

Completed Bloodborne and the DLC today.

Base game: 100 +  53 - 10 (41% trophy completed before event) - 21.61 = 121.39

DLC: 50 + 12 - 31.57 = 30.43

Total score = 151.82

Base game: 33 trophies + plat, 14 earned before event in base game. 19 earned after (6 gold, 4 silver, 9 copper). 

All DLC trophies earned after event (1 gold, 1 silver, 4 bronze).

I don't think the math is right based on how he counted Secret of Mana for me. I only had 17% complete before the event, which should fall in the -0 tier listed in the rules. But he said no trophy counts from before the event, so when you add the trophy score up, you can only add the ones you completed after the start. This means youll have a much bigger than -10 unfortunately...

2 hours ago, cferguson9595 said:

I don't think the math is right based on how he counted Secret of Mana for me. I only had 17% complete before the event, which should fall in the -0 tier listed in the rules. But he said no trophy counts from before the event, so when you add the trophy score up, you can only add the ones you completed after the start. This means youll have a much bigger than -10 unfortunately...

I only counted trophy points (53) from the trophies I earned after the event started on Feb 1 (19 trophies): 6 gold (36 points) + 4 silver (8 points) + 9 copper (9 points) = 53 points, even though there are 33 trophies to earn (this excludes the plat cause the plat is worth 100 points on its own). I didn't tabulate points for gold, silver or copper trophies I had earned prior to Feb 1.

Then I had 41% of the trophies completed before the event started (14/34) so I subtracted 10 points from the score according to the chart.

21.61% plat rarity so I subtracted that to get the final score. No bonuses this time around. ?

Someone can double check but I believe that's how it's supposed to work. 

Also I realized it's totally possible to go negative in a DLC pack scoring. If you play a DLC that has a high completion rate for all their trophies, it's totally possible the rarest trophy in the list may net you a loss of points beyond the total points the DLC can give you. Consider a DLC pack where like every trophy has a 70% or more completion rate. Kinda funny. Doesn't happen too often but it may if you had like 75% of the trophies completed before you finished the pack, cause then you'd be subtracting two numbers which would be much easier to go into the negatives and not have the DLC pack count at all. xD 

4 hours ago, acasser said:

I've got a physical copy (thanks LRG!) of this in my backlog pile.  How was it?

The game itself was pretty decent given its the usual Kemco formula in terms of story and gameplay not to mention it felt shorter. In terms of trophies it actually easier then other Kemco games since there isn't no max weapon needed and the level limit is only 99 which is easy to get to so you can steam roll everything faster :P Overall still a pretty fun RPG and will scratch that itch if your looking for something short and sweet.

7 hours ago, SanctifiedSword said:

I only counted trophy points (53) from the trophies I earned after the event started on Feb 1 (19 trophies): 6 gold (36 points) + 4 silver (8 points) + 9 copper (9 points) = 53 points, even though there are 33 trophies to earn (this excludes the plat cause the plat is worth 100 points on its own). I didn't tabulate points for gold, silver or copper trophies I had earned prior to Feb 1.

Then I had 41% of the trophies completed before the event started (14/34) so I subtracted 10 points from the score according to the chart.

21.61% plat rarity so I subtracted that to get the final score. No bonuses this time around. 1f61e.png

Someone can double check but I believe that's how it's supposed to work. 

Also I realized it's totally possible to go negative in a DLC pack scoring. If you play a DLC that has a high completion rate for all their trophies, it's totally possible the rarest trophy in the list may net you a loss of points beyond the total points the DLC can give you. Consider a DLC pack where like every trophy has a 70% or more completion rate. Kinda funny. Doesn't happen too often but it may if you had like 75% of the trophies completed before you finished the pack, cause then you'd be subtracting two numbers which would be much easier to go into the negatives and not have the DLC pack count at all. xD 

Yeah I realized that too about the DLC. Even DLC that doesn't have a super high completion rate but only has a couple of trophies can do the same. I feel that the minimum you should earn is the 50 base points, but thats just me. 

17 hours ago, SanctifiedSword said:

Fortunately, the rules state that the minimum score for anything is 0.

10 hours ago, cferguson9595 said:

I feel that the minimum you should earn is the 50 base points, but thats just me. 

In theory, I would agree. But because completion time isn't taken into account in the scoring, I think that would give DLC too much weight in practice. A 50 to 100 hour RPG will only get you 150 points on average, so giving 50 points per DLC is a lot.

Finally finished my first one. Not alot of points to start off with, but it is better than no points.

Cat Quest 2, NA version.

100 base+50 trophies- 63.95 rarity- 10 completed penalty. Score of 74.05. 

My second game is almost complete, just a few more of the tiles to go.

characters to level 50. 47 and 39 respectively. Complete.

Gold to 100,000. Complete 

Die ten times. Complete

Kill 3000 enemies. Complete

Frane Dragon’s Odyssey

100+38-32.82-10= 95.18

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cckerberos said:

In theory, I would agree. But because completion time isn't taken into account in the scoring, I think that would give DLC too much weight in practice. A 50 to 100 hour RPG will only get you 150 points on average, so giving 50 points per DLC is a lot.

That is true, but the same goes the other way. A DLC that takes 20 hours to complete has less weight/points than a 10 hour platinum. 

18 minutes ago, AlterArchuria said:

If I were to take a guess its so people don't abuse the more "questionable games" that count as rpgs like Steins;Gate for example which has a ton of list and would just be easy points galore and kinda kill the competition part.

Steins;Gate ha this is a long game, Try Heroes Trials you can 6 plats in under 2 hours all listed as RPG. :D

3 hours ago, AlterArchuria said:

If I were to take a guess its so people don't abuse the more "questionable games" that count as rpgs like Steins;Gate for example which has a ton of list and would just be easy points galore and kinda kill the competition part.

I wasn’t talking about those games I have all the atelier stacks next to me and intend to get all the platinums in the series just makes me sad that I won’t get points for all of them and I also have the eu, jp, kr, and hk stacks of cyber dimension neptunia four goddess online as well

Edited by spykeralbersfan1

5 minutes ago, spykeralbersfan1 said:

I wasn’t talking about those games I have all the atelier stacks next to me and intend to get all the platinums in the series just makes me sad that I won’t get points for all of them and I also have the eu, jp, kr, and hk stacks of cyber dimension neptunia four goddess online as well

Don't think that shouldn't stop you though, I mean if you want to plat all in the series then I say go for it since this is a year long event so there is plenty of time to come back if anything plus such a reason shouldn't stop you from Atelier now ;) Plus excluding the questionable games I feel the rule is also for that other reason with easy games like with Fisty example or with your multiple stacks of HDN :P

My callout for @FreeSpark22 is Rainbow Moon.  I found it such an enjoyable game that I plat'ed the thing twice.... also played and plat'ed the sequel.... and even played and plat'ed another title from the publisher (Lost Sea) as well, although that last one doesn't count as an RPG (but probably should given the loose definitions of such).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armored_Oso66 said:

So I think I finally made it on the board with Atelier Totori Plus as my first RPG Platinum of the year.

100 + 6 - 7.46 - 20 = 78.54

I believe i did that right, but feel free to let me know if not. As for my call-out game for affectatiousdonk I choose Arc of Alchemist, since i'm interested in playing the game myself, but i want another's opinion on it as well 

Congrats on Atelier, and thanks for Arc of Alchemist, I am really looking forward to starting that game it is the sort of thing I usually love.

I haven't quite finished God of War yet but I will next time I get on. I am just trying to work out the scoring element of this event.

So at a rough guess I make it 100 + 48 (trophies earned after 1st Feb) - 10 (completion prior to event as a 17/37 trophies basis rather than a %?) - 30.81 (plat rarity as of today) = 107.19

Can anyone let me know where I am right or wrong? If the trophies prior to event are completion percentage how do i get that as of 1st Feb? Cheers

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 3:09 AM, freddie1989 said:

I haven't quite finished God of War yet but I will next time I get on. I am just trying to work out the scoring element of this event.

So at a rough guess I make it 100 + 48 (trophies earned after 1st Feb) - 10 (completion prior to event as a 17/37 trophies basis rather than a %?) - 30.81 (plat rarity as of today) = 107.19

Can anyone let me know where I am right or wrong? If the trophies prior to event are completion percentage how do i get that as of 1st Feb? Cheers

Looks good. Did a double check of your trophies for ya.

Earned after Feb 1:

6 Bronze * 1 = 6

8 Silver * 2 = 16

3 Gold * 6 = 18

Unearned (but we will count them for the points): 

1 Silver * 2 = 2

1 Gold * 6 = 6

6 + 16 + 18 + 2 + 6 = 48. Math checks out! ??

If you got 17/37 trophies before Feb 1st that would be 45.9% of trophies completed in the game which would net a 10 point deduction (as seen in the chart, since it falls between 40-59% category for -10).

Only other points you could earn from here would be if the game was a call out game, double/triple point game or met the requirements for one of the bonus (Beast mode, new game, etc). 

For trophy completion % I went to my game profile (not the forum one) on psnp. Then I clicked on the game I completed and ordered the trophies by date (orders them from first earned to last). Then I manually counted them from the top until I hit the first trophy earned after Feb 1. Painful process, probably faster to build a script to parse the html and find the trophies but I'm far too lazy to do that right now. If anyone knows a better way for that I'd be glad to know. xD 

Edited by SanctifiedSword
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, SanctifiedSword said:

Earned after Feb 1:

6 Bronze * 1 = 6

8 Silver * 2 = 16

3 Gold * 3 = 18

1 Silver * 2 = 2

1 Gold * 6 = 6

6 + 16 + 18 + 2 + 6 = 48. Math checks out! 1f60e.png1f913.png

If you got 17/37 trophies before Feb 1st that would be 45.9% of trophies completed in the game which would net a 10 point deduction (as seen in the chart, since it falls between 40-59% category for -10).

Only other points you could earn from here would be if the game was a call out game, double/triple point game or met the requirements for one of the bonus (Beast mode, new game, etc). 

For trophy completion % I went to my game profile (not the forum one) on psnp. Then I clicked on the game I completed and ordered the trophies by date (orders them from first earned to last). Then I manually counted them from the top until I hit the first trophy earned after Feb 1. Painful process, probably faster to build a script to parse the html and find the trophies but I'm far too lazy to do that right now. If anyone knows a better way for that I'd be glad to know. xD 

Just do like I do and write the rpgs that I’ve already earned trophies(with %complete and how many of each trophies you’ve already earned) in a notebook when I start to work on finishing it for this

9 hours ago, SanctifiedSword said:

Earned after Feb 1:

6 Bronze * 1 = 6

8 Silver * 2 = 16

3 Gold * 3 = 18

1 Silver * 2 = 2

1 Gold * 6 = 6

6 + 16 + 18 + 2 + 6 = 48. Math checks out! 1f60e.png1f913.png

Cheers, appreciate that. Glad the maths worked out being an accountant LOL.

I didn't realise it was listed as an RPG when I started it so hadn't made any plan for this challenge.

• Like 1