Ranks being removed

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/124795/

What do you all think? Wonder if this move is being made because of how long queue times are for survivors. BHVR adding a test mode where you can play killers you're not familiar with but won't be immediately available.  Hopefully a re work of the current emblem system is next. 

Edited by ClintonLS90

Personally, I think it cannot get any worse. The survivor waiting queue takes many minutes, while finding a lobby as killer takes a minute or less. As a killer it’s disgusting to face ranks 4-1 while I’m just 10 in average. The dedicated servers are fantastic but the current matchmaking is broken, so I’m open to any rework at this point, if it means faster waiting queue and fairer matches. I couldn’t care about the ranks to be scrapped since we don’t have the rank achievements (reaching ranks 10, 5, 1) on PS4.

If it implements a hidden Matchmaking rating based on skill like Overwatch, this is better. The current Rank system means nothing about our skill, just numbers and our dedication to the game. Players may be high rank with plenty of hours of play, yet they still play like an idiot.

Also, they better reward us with bloodpoints and shards for the ranks we reach each month, and much more shards for reaching player levels and devotion levels. At best, they better compensate for every single level I reached to devotion 2 I am right now. That’s basically 200 player levels I reached since.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

If it means getting into games faster for survivors, then I'm all for it. I feel it would lessen the blow of being with a low rank killer/survivor while you're high level killer/survivor because you could easily just get into another game. Whereas right now it is frustratingly slow.

• Like 2