Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dysonvacuums

dysonvacuums' Dispute

24 posts in this topic

dysonvacuums

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
I played this game with my nephew, came back to it at a later date to play with him again and when I turned it on it just gave me the rest of the trophies. I have no proof as I had no reason to be recording it at the time.

Since it's true, yes.  I have no reason to have cheated to pop the trophies.  Gaming is my major hobby and I enjoy getting trophies.  Don't see how you could get satisfaction from acquiring them by cheating.  If you would like to believe it is more likely that in the 500 games I've played that for some reason I chose to cheat to get trophies in sonic racing and only sonic racing then that's your prerogative I suppose.  I have no idea why they popped on their own but it's the truth. 

Your nephew must have downloaded a save file then.

Hide the game and you'll be back on the leaderboards :)

And you didn't find that suspicious at all and decided to sync the trophies anyway? :/

Edited by Smashero

23 hours ago, hBLOXs said:

Not sure if relevant, since here we have like 80% of trophies autopopped, however...

Btw: "no naming and shaming", but what with the fastest achiever then? :). You can clearly spot the difference between remaining achievers...

Edit: reported for another titles anyway. Sorry for OT.

Edit 2: Already removed from the LB, that was fast.

Edited by Smashero

Huh?

Pointing out that, yes, this Sonic game DID the popping all trophies at once shit when you played around on couch co-op.

Edited by hBLOXs

23 minutes ago, hBLOXs said:

Huh?

Pointing out that, yes, this Sonic game DID the popping all trophies at once shit when you played around on couch co-op.

Oh... That is changing a lot, since I actually couldn't find that info in this closed topic, but since that OP is on LB and has 0 hidden games,

I would guess that the problem was resolved .

So did you actually check it by yourself? You are mentioning that in this topic, but there is no further info then....

Edited by Smashero

My nephew was 4 at the time, he did not download a save, he could barely play the game, he just liked playing it with me.  They popped on their own.  I absolutely thought it was super odd that it did it, but this was before you could do anything with your trophies, only way I could have kept them out of my list would be to never sync any trophies again which i wasn't going to do.  

So who was the Player 1 - you on your account or your nephew on their account (is that is the case of course)?

3 hours ago, dysonvacuums said:

I could have kept them out of my list would be to never sync any trophies again which i wasn't going to do.  

Nope. If your previous game or "properly" earned trophies from "Sonic" were already synced, you could simply erase you account from PS3 and re-set it, which - as we all know - erases your trophies earned after last sync and downloads only those which were synced.

Edited by Smashero

I would have been player 1, I have never heard of deleting your account and resetting it to erase unsynced trophies.  Interesting tip though.

2 hours ago, spacey_dweeb said:

I think less than 1% people playing on Sony platforms would be aware of this. 

I can agree with that, I had no idea this was a thing until I got on this site

@dysonvacuums Regardless of intent, by your own admission these trophies popped unearned and in an impossible manner. I think you are best off just hiding the game and moving on. I don't think this would get lifted unless you can show its something that can be repeated by anyone like auto-popping Jak and Daxter etc. I'm not a mod here or anything so feel free to wait until one of them weighs in on the topic.

18 hours ago, spacey_dweeb said:

I think less than 1% people playing on Sony platforms would be aware of this. 

No worries, they teach this in pre-schools already. Kids will know this even before the alphabet.

On 1/28/2020 at 8:38 PM, spacey_dweeb said:

@dysonvacuums Regardless of intent, by your own admission these trophies popped unearned and in an impossible manner. I think you are best off just hiding the game and moving on. I don't think this would get lifted unless you can show its something that can be repeated by anyone like auto-popping Jak and Daxter etc. I'm not a mod here or anything so feel free to wait until one of them weighs in on the topic.

Why is it his fault if the game is bugged? I know that there was a previous dispute that had the same issue. It was lifted as the guy actually ordered the game again and tested it to prove that he didn’t cheat.

Don’t know if the timestamps of both players are similar but still, there is a bug and it could have been the reason.

If the game autopops trophies based on progress made in split screen local coop, then this isn't a valid flag. Is someone looking into this?

Edited by BeautifulTorment

18 hours ago, DarkAnimaa said:

Why is it his fault if the game is bugged? I know that there was a previous dispute that had the same issue. It was lifted as the guy actually ordered the game again and tested it to prove that he didn’t cheat.

Don’t know if the timestamps of both players are similar but still, there is a bug and it could have been the reason.

I said in the quoted text it would probably stay unless they could replicate it. This is what you are saying someone else did to get out of a flag, so I don't see the argument here.

I'm not for or against the OP here, not labeling the OP as a cheater, or saying I don't believe them. I was just trying to say that I believe the flag will stick and made the suggestion to hide it and move on. I also made it a point that I am not an authority here so they could take my advice or leave it.

I don't think it is someone's fault if a game bugged out on them, but it still produces timestamps that are impossible and there is precedent for these to stay. Why is it someone's fault if a modder unlocked all their trophies without their consent? Yet, we still see disputes on old COD games regularly with flags staying in place. The reasons given usually are that they didn't actually earn the trophies, the timestamps are impossibly fast, it's unfair for people that did it legitimately, etc.

2 hours ago, spacey_dweeb said:

I said in the quoted text it would probably stay unless they could replicate it. This is what you are saying someone else did to get out of a flag, so I don't see the argument here.

I'm not for or against the OP here, not labeling the OP as a cheater, or saying I don't believe them. I was just trying to say that I believe the flag will stick and made the suggestion to hide it and move on. I also made it a point that I am not an authority here so they could take my advice or leave it.

I don't think it is someone's fault if a game bugged out on them, but it still produces timestamps that are impossible and there is precedent for these to stay. Why is it someone's fault if a modder unlocked all their trophies without their consent? Yet, we still see disputes on old COD games regularly with flags staying in place. The reasons given usually are that they didn't actually earn the trophies, the timestamps are impossibly fast, it's unfair for people that did it legitimately, etc.

Based on what i read on other disputes, if OPs can prove that they got trophies with impossible timestamps due to things not depending from their will, flag will be lifted. For example, a common glitch happened to multiple players will be lifted (i read some cases of games full of glitching trophies during the first days of release or pre-release that they got lifted). Hackers on COD are a weird case: they are discussing of a possible whitelisting for that games, but for now you can't prove you didn't make contact with the hacker and ask him/her to unlock trophies for you, so it will remain flagged..real problem for that kind of game is that COD is a known game that everybody on the world plays for fun(i think in this site CODs are in the top 10 of games mostly played, like 1 million users or so), even before knowing this site or caring about leaderboards on this site, so you will always see a bunch of flags. I think 80% of the people who got flagged on COD are not aware of trophy deleting or impossible timestamps rule.

I want to point out that ALL this above is an opinion of mine based on what i read here and there on this site, people may correct me if i'm wrong.

Going on topic again: I don't own the game so i can't really speak in favor or against him, but if OP has occurred in a glitch that happened before and it's demonstrated, flag should be lifted in my opinion.

58 minutes ago, ddrakner said:

Snip

If it did prove to be a glitch id hold up my hands and say otherwise, it would also be a hell of a glitch that would flock people to this game to repeat, but it just looks like Occums Razor in effect as if you put the trophy list in date order it basically looks like after getting triple A on a mission in July 2012; there was a save file used, as the missions can be tedious due to being numerous and simple, it popped every subsequent trophy left to be unlocked (roughly half the list). 

Shame, as it is a fun wee game, not up the level of the sequel but great jumping off point for the series, shame they put it in reverse with the last one. 

Sorry I couldn't confirm anything.  I was waiting for Amazon to ship my game, but it was delayed from those scrubs.  Split screen play seems to autopop trophies.  Not sure about other issues just yet @B1rvine