Dedication Trophy Glitch

cometowner

52 minutes ago, Vasilij_Kozlov said:

Hi again!
I still don't have this trophy, so i decide wrote where i can: twitter, support and other.

Maybe it's  a little childish act from my side, but hey, why not? =) I dont want anything bad, just a little help from big boys.

At least your tweets here sound like they were written by an adult, unlike that other petition going around. Not that any of it will make a difference unfortunately.

I would say your best hope is to play on and after October 1st. If it's true that the servers check for eligibility on the 1st, that would be the earliest it would trigger. Another way to think of it is 6 whole months (April - September) since you first played. Anyway, all the best with it.

Hey guys, Sorry if this doesn't really belong here, but I feel like posting, if only to help give others some encouragement. 

I purchased Crysis 2 on launch in 2011 and played it a bunch. I thought I even played a round or two online. Time passes to March of 2018 and I wanted to finish up the Crysis 2 multiplayer. I started boosting with a group and got to level 35. Roughly halfway to level 50. I was so sure that I played online years prior that I convinced myself Dedication had glitched. I decided that I didn't want to spend another 30 hours boosting a game that I could not even platinum so I decided to put it on hold until New Years 2019. Well as fate would have it they shortly after announced the server shutdown, forever locking me out of the platinum. 

That brings us to a few days ago when @Sergen told me the trophy could still pop. Since I had played online on March 23, 2018, 6 months would be September 24, 2018- before the server shutdown. This got me thinking. What if the trophy didn't glitch? What if it reset the stats online and it started my clock over back in March? And then it hit me. I don't think I ever played a match online prior to this year. The main reason I think this is because I preorded and had a special code which granted instant access to level 5 in MP. I always enter in codes before I start a new game and I would have done it 7 years ago also. When I booted the game in March I saw that I already had some levels so I assumed I had played. This may not have been the case. 

Anyways, I'm taking a big gamble by resuming my grind to level 50. In the end if the games screws me over I can be confident knowing I didn't give up. I did all I could and had the dedication to stick it out. Thanks for the encouragement Sergen and I want to give the same to anyone discouraged by this glitchy game to get out there and try it. Worst comes to worse you just earned yourself a few Ultra Rare trophies. Cheers and good luck!

• Like 3

In situations like these, I always wonder what actually at the core level, is the cause of the glitch? Like why does the "Trophy Unlock Coding" seem to give people the trophy on December 31, or January 1, but not after when you achieve its unlockable requirements? I wish I knew the the main cause. What is its something really simple and basic, like playing in the morning at 9am, or in the evening at 8pm, or playing a certain map, with players in a certain region, or some weird shit like this. I genuinely sympathize with those who didn't and won't be able to get the Platinum as a result of Dedication. I'm one of the lucky few who started this game last December, and got it on the 31st. 

Just now, CristianX-97 said:

In situations like these, I always wonder what actually at the core level, is the cause of the glitch? Like why does the "Trophy Unlock Coding" seem to give people the trophy on December 31, or January 1, but not after when you achieve its unlockable requirements? I wish I knew the the main cause. What is its something really simple and basic, like playing in the morning at 9am, or in the evening at 8pm, or playing a certain map, with players in a certain region, or some weird shit like this. I genuinely sympathize with those who didn't and won't be able to get the Platinum as a result of Dedication. I'm one of the lucky few who started this game last December, and got it on the 31st. 

Hard to tell. For example: Last night I unlocked 150 Dog tags. No trophy. I unlocked 1 more and then Modern Art popped. 

7 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

Well as fate would have it they shortly after announced the server shutdown, forever locking me out of the platinum. 

You want to talk about fate? How about you starting the multiplayer 6 months and 2 weeks before the (unannounced) sever closure?

I do agree with everything you said though. If it isn't meant to be well at least you did everything you could. But hopefully it doesn't come to that.

• Like 1