What kind of system improvements would you like to see ?

Pokny

Given how late I decided to start collecting PS3 games, physical backwards compatibility for that would be amazing. I cant see them putting the time and effort in to make that work though sadly.... 

Off topic a little but would have loved for them to map the PS button on the DS4 to be usable on the PS3 too, such a better controller yet I have to have a DS3 around at the same time..... PITA

• Like 2

I just wanna be able to sort my transactions (content/games/DLC) by platform. I should be able to use Sony's site to see quickly what content I've purchased, but they can't even seem to figure out which date I bought the games. Needs a big overhaul to be user friendly.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, djb5f said:

Trophy tracker progress like Xbox (I think) has with achievements.

Like you need 50 done of something and nothing in-game tells you in you are making progress or if it is tracking properly.

An update was going to fix that but still waiting

I read it they were going to implement it like id change

Well let's hope for ps5 maybe they waited so they can sell more lol only on ps5

Most of these have been mentioned but...

Faster loading times. This is the number one thing I'm excited about for next-gen. How much time do we waste staring at loading screens? Instant or greatly reduced loading would be a godsend. 

Things that Xbox has...trophy tracking, friend trophy leaderboards both total and monthly, more trophy rarity detail on the dashboard. I would probably still be more into achievement hunting were it not for this website. The One does have issues with achievements shadow popping or popping much later than they should more often than it happens on PS4 though.  

- Being able to save music and movies to the internal SSD. Removing this ability on the PS4 completely ruined creation in WWE games for me, because 2K was forced to remove custom music from the games..making a wrestler and them having to come out with some stock, generic theme after we got used to having custom themes for years...was a total blow, and any desire I used to have to create was killed because of this. I liked the PS3 being a multimedia machine...that didn't need to change. 

- Which also means, if they don't go that route...have a BETTER media player installed from the get go. It needs to be able to play 4K H.265 files and support all the audio codec's that it can. 

- More UI customization. The whole buying a dynamic theme and avatar thing is getting stale, just let us customize things to how we want to truly make them our own. I hate when electronics are so uniform...there's a reason I don't mess with Apple products.

- Trophy tracking. I honestly thought we'd have this by now. 

- Stat tracking. I like seeing stuff like this.

• Like 1

Good requests, crew. I personally would like the trophy system to be looked at from the ground up and from a gamers perspective (i.e., trophy progress, level cap increase, trophies points reform, more stats around achievements/trophies, more profile personalization, trophy leaderboard, etc. It would be nice to have a dedicated team at Sony/Playstation where there would be a place so we can communicate, provide feedback, and voice concerns around trophies and in-game achievements. More transparency and better communication all around.

• Like 3

1. Progress tracker on trophies

2. Increase/remove the trophy level cap for those that are well above rank 100

3. Stats for games- hours played etc. They obviously track this data since we get end of year summaries, but it would be nice to access this data at will

4. Backwards compatibility-please, pretty please, and thank you. At the very least, digital ps4 games should be playable on the ps5

5. Controller with battery life closer to the ps3 than ps4. I don’t care for the extra bells and whistles-I like going several gaming sessions in between charges

6. It’d be cool to see some quality control on spamming trivial plats, but this is a touchy subject deserving of its own thread so I’ll leave it at that. The introduction of a new platform also gives new opportunities for extra stacks of games

7. I’m also looking to see how popular console MMOs handle the generation change. There are a lot of logistics to consider-some related to trophies, others not at all. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

One thing I want and it isn't a major thing, but I'd like something we had on PS3. I want to be able to sort our games under trophies in alphabetical order. 

my dream, i would also love more customization in the home screen, not just sticking shit in folders

• Like 1

Apart from the faster loading times and BC with PS4, as that's all now already confirmed, what I wanted from next gen was actually an improved PSN infrastructure that allows player two to save game states. Games like Resi5 are unplayable locally due to this issue, which was a big disappointment after Sony assured us this issue would be fixed with PS4. Sure, players can now log in under their profile, but they are still often treated as a Guest, with unique game states not saved. And we all know that often trophies aren't given to Player 2 also unless the Devs do it server side.

The other thing, again related to the online infrastructure, would be trophy tracking as others have already said.

1 hour ago, MegaZeroXX said:

Hmm how about the option to install the trophy data? I would definitely welcome a feature that will ask me if I would like to install the trophy data. 

I understand why you say this, but I fear it'll mean the end of trophies if non trophy hunters feel they can save space by not installing it. Plus it'll mess up the stats for commonality.

Oh, and also, VR PS Home. With the previously promised place to view our trophies in a trophy room. That's be nice, lol.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

19 hours ago, djb5f said:

Trophy tracker progress like Xbox (I think) has with achievements.

Like you need 50 done of something and nothing in-game tells you in you are making progress or if it is tracking properly.

This cannot be upvoted enough, I don’t normally care that much about system updates but I was really disappointed that this couldn’t be implemented in the PS4. I would be pissed if it doesn’t make it to the ps5. I am highly conscious of the fact that the trophy community is in the minority but it’s a feature that the competition has that should have been included in an update.

11 hours ago, DBTrophyGuy said:

1. Progress tracker on trophies

2. Increase/remove the trophy level cap for those that are well above rank 100

3. Stats for games- hours played etc. They obviously track this data since we get end of year summaries, but it would be nice to access this data at will

4. Backwards compatibility-please, pretty please, and thank you. At the very least, digital ps4 games should be playable on the ps5

5. Controller with battery life closer to the ps3 than ps4. I don’t care for the extra bells and whistles-I like going several gaming sessions in between charges

6. It’d be cool to see some quality control on spamming trivial plats, but this is a touchy subject deserving of its own thread so I’ll leave it at that. The introduction of a new platform also gives new opportunities for extra stacks of games

7. I’m also looking to see how popular console MMOs handle the generation change. There are a lot of logistics to consider-some related to trophies, others not at all. 

That is one solid list (`especially your #1)  I’m not sure how they could be beaten with a decent game library and all of your requests.

• Like 1

I just want a filter for the download list. Especially IF the PS5 is REALLY backwards compatible with PS1-4 and PSP. For example, if I scroll through the list on PS3 or Vita, both lists show me games for both systems. Takes a while to find what you want... So I just want a filter for the download list where I can eg say "Only show me PS4 games".

But an improvement for SharePlay would also be nice. I have 10mbits upload, but I need to do the speedtest multiple times before the PS4 says that my speed is acceptable.

• Like 1

Iv been loving reading all the comments some ideas are very interesting & some i also have been wanting 

there's one i have not seen but Id really like to be able to change Regions on my account or be able to have any PFP like on xbox but yh if people keep commenting ill keep reading then so don't hesitate : )

50 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

anyone say free multiplayer access, yet?...could unsub from psplus...usually has games I either have or don't want and have no need for online storage either...

no no one said this yet but maybe make it free for online but the same price for games & they still give out free stuff because honestly i play online alot but i love getting free games & money or ingame items for free with ps plus personal opinion but still : )

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pokny said:

no no one said this yet but maybe make it free for online but the same price for games & they still give out free stuff because honestly i play online alot but i love getting free games & money or ingame items for free with ps plus personal opinion but still : )

alright then I vote that all dlc be included with psplus freebies or that the freebies' dlc are on massive discount for subscribers for that month then if applicable...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1