What kind of system improvements would you like to see ?

Pokny

A cooling system which is quiet rather than sounding like my console is going to take off.

Also a way to file games in your library so that I can file away games I've already played. Given I've got hundreds in my library I don't really want to be scrolling through loads I've already finished.

• Like 3

Ps Store World. No need to be locked to a region. Switch to different stores on the fly. Can buy whatever we like.

Take my damn money Sony.

44 minutes ago, lion1325478 said:

A cooling system which is quiet rather than sounding like my console is going to take off.

Also a way to file games in your library so that I can file away games I've already played. Given I've got hundreds in my library I don't really want to be scrolling through loads I've already finished.

I thought you can hide them on ps4 in library.

• Trophy progress tracker
  • Wishlist for the console store
  • LFG

Xbox already has these so there is no excuse. Oh, and remove the damn Spotify integration or make it optional. I don’t use it and most likely never will. I don’t like it cluttering up my profile.

Edited by Bliss

2 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

alright then I vote that all dlc be included with psplus freebies or that the freebies' dlc are on massive discount for subscribers for that month then if applicable...

Fair enough i somewhat agree

19 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I'd like for the system to not beep when I turn it on. It's a little thing, but I find it very irritating.

maybe as an optional thing because i like it lmao

35 minutes ago, Bliss said:
  • Trophy progress tracker
  • Wishlist for the console store
  • LFG

Xbox already has these so there is no excuse. Oh, and remove the damn Spotify integration or make it optional. I don’t use it and most likely never will. I don’t like it cluttering up my profile.

i think it should be optional as well because i use that feature but i see where you are coming from : ) 

3 hours ago, Yoey_666 said:

I would love an external power supply, so the console won't be as hot anymore and the fans would not sound like a horde of masturbating airplanes anymore.

Internal power supplies don't get very hot. Almost all of the heat is generated from the APU, GPU, and the ram nearby. They can easily go over 160 degrees F or 71+ centigrade. The hotter they get, the higher the speeds the fans become, which makes them sound like a jet.

Things you can do to make your system more quiet is to place it in an open area, clean out the dust inside, and replace the shitty factory thermal paste with some decent stuff(MX-4 or arctic silver)

• Like 2

On 1/28/2020 at 11:05 PM, DBTrophyGuy said:

1. Progress tracker on trophies

2. Increase/remove the trophy level cap for those that are well above rank 100

3. Stats for games- hours played etc. They obviously track this data since we get end of year summaries, but it would be nice to access this data at will

4. Backwards compatibility-please, pretty please, and thank you. At the very least, digital ps4 games should be playable on the ps5

5. Controller with battery life closer to the ps3 than ps4. I don’t care for the extra bells and whistles-I like going several gaming sessions in between charges

6. It’d be cool to see some quality control on spamming trivial plats, but this is a touchy subject deserving of its own thread so I’ll leave it at that. The introduction of a new platform also gives new opportunities for extra stacks of games

7. I’m also looking to see how popular console MMOs handle the generation change. There are a lot of logistics to consider-some related to trophies, others not at all. 

I’ll add one that didn’t occur to me earlier. Dlc trophies only get loaded on to your profile if you actually buy the dlc. Would be nice for these “free” ps plus games with stupidly expensive season passes. 

Edited by DBTrophyGuy

Being able to change the online status to something else: AFK, Do not disturb, or whatever.

I just don't want to appear as offline everytime I'm busy with something... 

You could change your status to "busy" on PS3, can't believe they removed that. Half of my friendslist used the feature regularly. 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2020 at 0:55 PM, damage_6-9 said:

At least 2 HDMI outputs, so you can have your own screen for couch co-op/mp

I would genuinely love to see something like that !!

15 hours ago, SaKi_Kazuya said:

Being able to change the online status to something else: AFK, Do not disturb, or whatever.

I just don't want to appear as offline everytime I'm busy with something... 

You could change your status to "busy" on PS3, can't believe they removed that. Half of my friendslist used the feature regularly. 

yh i was just talking to a few people about that like on discord or something i am often in Competitive games so id like to have something like do not disturb 

On 1/28/2020 at 11:05 PM, DBTrophyGuy said:

1. Progress tracker on trophies

2. Increase/remove the trophy level cap for those that are well above rank 100

3. Stats for games- hours played etc. They obviously track this data since we get end of year summaries, but it would be nice to access this data at will

4. Backwards compatibility-please, pretty please, and thank you. At the very least, digital ps4 games should be playable on the ps5

5. Controller with battery life closer to the ps3 than ps4. I don’t care for the extra bells and whistles-I like going several gaming sessions in between charges

6. It’d be cool to see some quality control on spamming trivial plats, but this is a touchy subject deserving of its own thread so I’ll leave it at that. The introduction of a new platform also gives new opportunities for extra stacks of games

7. I’m also looking to see how popular console MMOs handle the generation change. There are a lot of logistics to consider-some related to trophies, others not at all. 

I like that list, especially #1 and #4. As for the backward compatibility, Sony should really try to make PS5 an all-in-one, including digital PSP and Vita games (then you could unhook the VitaTV), while adding a rendering resolution option to allow older games to play at 4K. Gameplay recording should be 60 FPS (at least for 1080p, and 4K if it is not a problem) and the current 60 minute limit could stand to be raised to 2 hours.

I just want it to work better and have trophy progress tracking like Xbox Achievements have had for years.

I'm really tired of the system slogging it's way through the menu, and I really want them to stop trying to shove the shitty video app on us. iOS is how they should do it. There's a "video" app that you can combine with other streaming apps to see content from those in video, but you're still able to just go right to an individual app to open whta you want. I don't want to have to open a slow tedious menu just to open something specific. But I'm sure that will carry forward as it's "advertising"... ._.

I'd love the XMB to return but it sadly won't. Shitty big tiles are the current trend in UI design and they suck but nobody seems to care enough for it to change. So more shitty tiles... yay.

Also please don't sound like you're going to explode not even mid-way through the generation.

1) trophy tracker

2) don't be a mafioso with online games

3) go back to the ds3 controller model, I don't need that light to waste my battery

4) stop lagging on the menu

5) backwards  compatibility, as in, if I bought a ps3 or ps4 game digitally I cN download it and play it any time 

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

• Being able to track the progress of trophies, like on Xbox One.

• Also like on Xbox One, being able to see how long you've played each game for.

• Dunno if it would be considered a system improvement, but full backwards compatibility back to the PS1 would be nice, if unlikely to happen. I would at least like to be able to play my digital PSOne and PS2 classics again on it. I thought they'd add them to the PS4, but never did, so I'm stuck playing them on my PS3s and Vita.

• More expandable HDD/SSD space. 8TB is quite a lot, but I got a feeling games are generally gonna be 30-50GB minimum later on next gen, and a lot of triple A games will likely be 100GB+, and I'm the kind of person that likes to try and keep everything installed when I can, which has already proved impossible for me this gen.

• Speaking of installations, hopefully installations are also quicker on the PS5. I've had quite a few 50GB+ games on PS4 take 30-45 minutes to fully install before.

• Dunno if it's just me, but the UI/dashboard can be extremely laggy at times, especially when playing or just after playing some rather "intensive" games. For some reason, Monster Hunter does this to my PS4 a lot. Would be cool if the UI wouldn't get so laggy on the PS5 and would be faster in general, but I think that's likely a given anyway.

• It would also be cool if folders you make on the system are actually more permanent. I've had to re-create my folders like 3 times before thanks to having to restore my database twice due to weird issues that a simple restart hasn't fixed (like not being able to view/send messages), and having to delete and re-create my user once thanks to the infamous NP-32091-5 error. Losing my folders and having to spend literally an hour recreating them all (I currently have like 300+ games installed) is the thing I always dread the most, at least I can just back up everything else.

• Oh, and hopefully no more crap like the PS Now app constantly being added to my dashboard after I've deleted it like 5 times already, or Singstar which was literally impossible to remove on the PS3 XMB (which is now thankfully gone now that they've shut down the servers). Overall, just give us more control over our own dashboards and allow us to customise them more to our liking. Folders are cool and all, but they're not perfect and even my own folders sometimes feel a little cluttered.
Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 1

Easier to open up and clean and change whatever is inside.

Use a liquid gel cooling system.
Just relying on air doesn't cut it anymore on more powerful consoles especially how compact its trying to be...

27 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Easier to open up and clean and change whatever is inside.

Use a liquid gel cooling system.
Just relying on air doesn't cut it anymore on more powerful consoles especially how compact its trying to be...

The likelihood of liquid cooling leaking in transit would rule out the chances of that happening

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 3:38 PM, ArmoredSnowman said:

Ability to delete trophysets from your profile. Ability to use bought avatars across multiple accounts. 

Which makes me glad the Uncharted games had in-game award systems that mostly aligned with the collectible trophies. 

This!! If I could delete a list that I can never complete would be a game charger. 

• Like 2

On 1/28/2020 at 2:29 PM, Astray404 said:

Pls no more home menu lags

agreed, the stalling between going form the youtube app, web browser, downloading patches, home menu, Spotify, and gong back to your game. I don't rage at games, but waiting for the ps4 to catch up to what I'm doing breaks my train of thought and is so aggravating

I would like to have a task manager to have more control of the programs running. I hate how you can't shut spotify down, you have to pause the music

this is more of a current generation issue keep supporting the apps like youtube, google browser. I still play my vita, and you can't get youtube to run on the vita anymore. It make it worse cause the switch has youtube support but no browser. I would like Sony to keep support ps4 in twilight years of this system

I would like a better way to select my games from the home screen. I have two hard drives that total 6tb on my ps4. Looking right now at my library right now I have 184 games installed on my system. Having a 7 squares across the home screen doesn't cut it. scrolling for games takes forever and the folders don't help either

Some truly excellent ideas in this topic. 

- Trophy Tracker would be nice

- Less glitches in system menus and shop

- Wishlist. Please please please.

- Quiet. Well quieter. 

- No Censorship. Parents duty, not Sonys

And probably most important to me is backwards compatibility. Not just PS3/4 but PS1/2. 

And while im making requests howabout the full digital library/store of PS Vita games available from the go? (Inc ps classics psp stuff too) I mean the Vita store is all over the place (especially in EU goddamn) but why not? I mean licensing issues and functionality but sod it im sure there'll be a workaround. 

• Like 2