What kind of system improvements would you like to see ?

Pokny

On 1/29/2020 at 6:33 AM, Cryogenicide_X said:

I'd like the PS5 to actually just "work" unlike the PS4. I can't begin to tell you the amount of error messages I get sometimes on my PS4 Pro, games just close by themselves followed by an error message, things not loading, things crashing etc.

And yet I've never had any of that with my Xbox, the Xbox just "works" and runs beautifully. Playstation has such a terrible architecture and infrastructure when compared to Xbox, it's not even in the same league. Love or hate Xbox but xbox is such a more robust console in architecture and infrastructure and OS compared to Playstation. 

All I'll say is if the PS5 is anything like the PS4 and has anything like those problems, that's bad really bad and unacceptable for the power it's going to have. I have no doubt the next Xbox will be better in all those aspects, always has and always will be better. 

I've gotten that angry about it I've came very close to just jumping to Xbox entirely because I've had enough of it. 

Have you ever done a Rebuild Database?

On 1/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, Smiddy23 said:

I have to disagree with you on that one, every X1 I've had (including the current X1X) have the most useless UI I've ever experienced. I've transitioned this gen from prioritising the X1 to the PS because I lose it everytime I'm just trying to get into my games and apps and the console has a shit fit.

Never had an issue with the PS, UI just works and very smoothly. 

I've heard this is usually the consensus. Even XOX (oddly) lags in its menu.

I'd love to see the Discord app come to PS5. And backwards compatibility with PS3. 

On 1/28/2020 at 2:33 PM, Cryogenicide_X said:

I'd like the PS5 to actually just "work" unlike the PS4. I can't begin to tell you the amount of error messages I get sometimes on my PS4 Pro, games just close by themselves followed by an error message, things not loading, things crashing etc.

And yet I've never had any of that with my Xbox, the Xbox just "works" and runs beautifully. Playstation has such a terrible architecture and infrastructure when compared to Xbox, it's not even in the same league. Love or hate Xbox but xbox is such a more robust console in architecture and infrastructure and OS compared to Playstation. 

All I'll say is if the PS5 is anything like the PS4 and has anything like those problems, that's bad really bad and unacceptable for the power it's going to have. I have no doubt the next Xbox will be better in all those aspects, always has and always will be better. 

I've gotten that angry about it I've came very close to just jumping to Xbox entirely because I've had enough of it. 

I'm guessing you don't play your Xbox all that much because it has the exact same problems that you mentioned your PS4 has. Hell the UI constantly lags even if not in a game on Xbox. 

Edited by Dethfuse
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Eraezr said:

Have you ever done a Rebuild Database?

I've heard this is usually the consensus. Even XOX (oddly) lags in its menu.

Yeah I've done rebuild database and it didn't really make a difference. 

7 hours ago, Dethfuse said:

I'd love to see the Discord app come to PS5. And backwards compatibility with PS3. 

I'm guessing you don't play your Xbox all that much because it has the exact same problems that you mentioned your PS4 has. Hell the UI constantly lags even if not in a game on Xbox. 

I do gaming on my Xbox a lot too. No, the UI is honestly better on my Xbox than PS4. It baffles me when people are saying that the Xbox is the same as the PS4 UI. 

1 hour ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I do gaming on my Xbox a lot too. No, the UI is honestly better on my Xbox than PS4. It baffles me when people are saying that the Xbox is the same as the PS4 UI. 

I don't game on mine a lot, so I can't attest to the performance between the two, but, the xbox UI in aesthetic sense is way uglier than the ps4. My main issues is the sheer amount of useless bloat, ads, and just non-gaming stuff on the home page compared to the ps4 UI

• Like 3

12 hours ago, punkshepherd said:

Some truly excellent ideas in this topic. 

- Trophy Tracker would be nice

- Less glitches in system menus and shop

- Wishlist. Please please please.

- Quiet. Well quieter. 

- No Censorship. Parents duty, not Sonys

And probably most important to me is backwards compatibility. Not just PS3/4 but PS1/2. 

And while im making requests howabout the full digital library/store of PS Vita games available from the go? (Inc ps classics psp stuff too) I mean the Vita store is all over the place (especially in EU goddamn) but why not? I mean licensing issues and functionality but sod it im sure there'll be a workaround. 

No censorship is the big one for me. All the others are nice to haves, but if games on Sony's new system continue to be a shadow of their intended selves, and second rate content wise compared to Switch, then PS5 will be my second or third console only.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

I don't game on mine a lot, so I can't attest to the performance between the two, but, the xbox UI in aesthetic sense is way uglier than the ps4. My main issues is the sheer amount of useless bloat, ads, and just non-gaming stuff on the home page compared to the ps4 UI

See, now I'm the opposite. I think the design of the Xbox UI is better than the PS4, the PS4 is just basic and more bland whereas the Xbox is more in depth. 

Also, Sony never ever change the UI with there consoles. PS3 UI is the same one now as it was when the PS3 came out, same for PS4 and the PS5 will probably be the same going off of history. Microsoft have always changed the UI of the Xbox, the Xbox consoles have always gone through many different iterations of the UI. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

17 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

See, now I'm the opposite. I think the design of the Xbox UI is better than the PS4, the PS4 is just basic and more bland whereas the Xbox is more in depth. 

Also, Sony never ever change the UI with there consoles. PS3 UI is the same one now as it was when the PS3 came out, same for PS4 and the PS5 will probably be the same going off of history. Microsoft have always changed the UI of the Xbox, the Xbox consoles have always gone through many different iterations of the UI. 

Basic>Flashy.

The first xbox one and first 2-3 xbox 360 dashboards were nice, and they progressively became worse with adding ugly interfaces, advertisements on every section, and just plain not user friendly

• Like 1

No save file cap for ps plus cloud save!!! Or cloud save for every user but remove cap for Ps Plus users.

Not many hit this issue but can we get the cloud save to raise the save file cap pass 1000 for each system, at least Ps4 and Ps5

I never had hit the cap with Vita or Ps3 as their games only require mostly 1 save file. But the Ps4 needs like 2-3 save files and some upwards of 20+ (Now those are just bad bad bad.....) 
Since I have played about 382 Ps4 games x 1-3 saves each game Im already pass the cap, and can't upload any more Ps4 save files. Which kinda pointless to give us up to 100GB of Ps Plus cloud save data when we are capped at, LOL 15% of  it.

But no, Sony had to sound amazing and say we get 100GB for Ps Plus to make plus sound what a great deal it is...but the truth is we never will hit anywhere close it.

18 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

You might have never had an issue with it but many of us have. The Xbox UI has been improved slightly with the latest update but it is still garbage in comparison to PS4.

I switched over to PlayStation as my main consoles in late December. I was a die-hard Xbox fan for years but Microsoft’s bullshit killed the enthusiasm I once had.

A trophy tracker. I hate when developers add trackers for some collectibles, and not all of them. I know it's on the PS3, but Puppeteer comes to mind.

When you compare trophy lists with your friends, I'd like to see the games we have in common I'm playing come first. I haven't checked it in a while, so I don't know if that's been updated.

• Like 1

• Earning a platinum for a video game unlocks all trophy art to be selectable as our profile picture. This will motivate devs to not copy-paste pictures like in some games.
  • PS+ subscription should include PS Now.
  • Non-DLC trophies should not be behind a paywall like PS+. Devs can put it, but don't make it integral to the platinum unless its an online-MP only game like say, Overwatch. If a new patch makes getting a trophy mechanically impossible then devs should be prompted to have it auto popped.
  • Fix the PS store. Also allow us to filter out publishers we're not interested in for custom index searches. Have a dedicated PS store page saved with user-defined filters.
  • Fix all the PS apps on iOS/Android. Optimise them.
  • Legacy emulation for PS3 titles (if it will happen) should allow devs to patch in trophy lists.
  • No censorship. I'm not interested in U.S America's socio-political paranoia, crisis and drama trickling into my personal life and hobby, considering I don't live there. It's certainly not PlayStation's job to continue cucking a Japan-based company with American insecurities. I also believe this is important for Dreams, if it is to fully achieve its democratic ambitions the devs spoke about.
  • If the PS5's custom SSD solution is not more than 5TB, I want a utility for external storage.
  • In-OS trophy trackers.
  • A.I based system which scribes what I was doing before I closed the open-world game and open it two weeks later.
  • PSVR application that works with ISBN bar codes for the books. Scan my copy of the novel I'm currently reading. Sit on a couch in Saturn's moon, Titan and enjoy my sci-fi novel.
  • Option to permeate PSVR to other platforms like Twitter, Goodreads, Discord, Vero and Vimeo. Really change the game of social media interaction/U.I. They can go the extra mile where we are able to hang in-game screenshots as posters for spiritual successors to PlayStation Home.
  • A more intelligent photo capture system. Make the Dualshock 5 SHARE button have a mechanical feedback like a camera's shutter button.
  • I like the touchpad.
  • Ample RAM allocation for the O.S and its menu navigations. I don't want to see slow-downs from a 2020 console.
  • Integrate game-gifting feature to accounts which have 2-factor authentication.
  • Integrate feature which shows 'Total time played' for video games. Metric timer stops when the controller input is 30 minutes AFK.

I might be able to think of more later.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Bliss said:

You might have never had an issue with it but many of us have. The Xbox UI has been improved slightly with the latest update but it is still garbage in comparison to PS4.

I switched over to PlayStation as my main consoles in late December. I was a die-hard Xbox fan for years but Microsoft’s bullshit killed the enthusiasm I once had.

I wasn't speaking in the sense that it's only me that doesn't have issues with the Xbox. I just meant it from my general experience of the two. Maybe it helps with the fact my Xbox is the Xbox One X? It is the most powerful of the Xbox's. 

On 2/7/2020 at 5:55 AM, CB7Tuner91 said:

This!! If I could delete a list that I can never complete would be a game charger. 

This would be a problem. If they added ability to delete trophy sets, it would be real damn boring if everyone had 100% account. I like looking on peoples profiles , games they've not completed, more fun looking on completions that are not 100% ? they added deletion below 1% so if they were to added, they would of allready did it ?

I dont want much, but it would of been nice with these couple of things:

1) Trophytracker(which i am 99% certain will happen)

2) Tracker for spent time on each game, aswell a overall tracke for all the games played.

3) ability to turn of lightbar.

4) ps3 battery life on controllers,(this doesent bother me, since i have 10+ controllers and charging stations, but it would of been nice tho)

4) Games that are under 5h(side and collectibles tho, this should actually be 10h in my opinion), should not quallify for a platinum at all, only 100%!

5) less laggy Ps store. And no cencorship, if i wanna cuss, im free to do that, if i wanna call my chat cussing words i should be allowed to do that, its 2020! Not 1990!

Thats about it,  hopefully some of this will come.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

This would be a problem. If they added ability to delete trophy sets, it would be real damn boring if everyone had 100% account. I like looking on peoples profiles , games they've not completed, more fun looking on completions that are not 100% 1f44d.png they added deletion below 1% so if they were to added, they would of allready did it 1f44d.png

Not everyone would care to delete or you referring more to the PSNP community? Personally I wouldn't delete, but maybe a game or two, that I may have earned 1 trophy or 2. Hiding really does it all anyways, no one would know on PSN anyways. It just sights like this that show the big H, that people know your hiding something. I guess if PSN had more stats like here that people could see at a glance would be cool/interesting...

11 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Not everyone would care to delete or you referring more to the PSNP community? Personally I wouldn't delete, but maybe a game or two, that I may have earned 1 trophy or 2. Hiding really does it all anyways, no one would know on PSN anyways. It just sights like this that show the big H, that people know your hiding something. I guess if PSN had more stats like here that people could see at a glance would be cool/interesting...

Yeah, or maybe they could add something that could let you delete locally .yeah i still hope they implement rarity LB here on Psnp.Yeah i know about H and if ppl have that one on their list, to me thats a cheater. You dont hide stuff even if its 10 trophies

How about allowing us to resize our UI. I hate that the current UI feels/seems so big on my screen. I also have a lot of games installed and made multiple folders to place them in, so I have to Scroll across the screen to see all my folders. I would like it, the UI to be able to be smart enough to wrap itself to the next line so everything is on 1 Screen while looking good. Figure it out SONY!

On 2/8/2020 at 6:13 AM, Cryogenicide_X said:

You're the only person I've ever met that thinks the Xbox UI doesn't have issues. You clearly don't use it much or you're simply delusional. 

42 minutes ago, Dethfuse said:

You're the only person I've ever met that thinks the Xbox UI doesn't have issues. You clearly don't use it much or you're simply delusional. 

Well for a start I'm not delusional, so don't be an asshole. Now, about the Xbox UI compared to the PS4 UI. I never said that you don't ever get problems with the Xbox UI, I said that "I've" never had the problems with it that I do get with the PS4 UI. 

I understand that the Xbox UI can have problems, not that I've had them myself. At the end of the day this website is primarily a Playstation focused website so of course people are going to be completely biased towards Playstation. If I said this on a Xbox website people would be more on the side of Xbox of course. 

• Like 1