What kind of system improvements would you like to see ?

Pokny

Can't think any at the moment, the only thing i really care are backward compatibility and Multiplayer free for all without Plus just like PS3. Online gaming should be free. PS Plus could be used for extra stuff.

Also:

- better options for Dashboard customization (the possibility to import custom themes, colors etc...). Gaming screen capture is fine so i hope it is kept.

- removal of the (imo) useless feature of Friends follow. Just add them to friend list is fine. Games group are ok also the ability to categorize ids in folders like "family".

- a better section for trophies.

Edited by DeathNyx
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2020 at 2:00 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

-Ability to delete games off my profile

-Trophy Tracking (similar to Achievement tracking on Xbox)

-Adding a trophy cabinet to our PSN profile

-Sony to stop allowing games to have 10 minute platinums

I like the last idea the most, been guilty of playing a lot of those here and in xbox, and I actually wish I could delete them from my profile now. 

• Like 1

The ability to hide/disable stuffs that I don't want to see

Player You May Know, Player To Follow or something, Playstation Vue/Now/Playroom etc.. , and the Spotify thing in profile

all that stuffs in What's New except for trophy activities (now playing, trending etc..)

lots of stuffs that are probably slow down the menu

trophy progress tracker like Xbox is great too

and of course it need to be quieter when playing, some games near unplayable because it sounds like a jet (Monster Hunter World, RDR2..)

On 28/01/2020 at 8:54 PM, Zenpai said:

Some of these are definitely little more than wishful thinking and will probably never see the light of day, but you asked what we wanted to see, so...

• The ability to delete trophies, or to at least hide them from ourselves. I don't want my trophy list bloated with games I didn't like or barely even played. Just the ones that are actually in my personal collection.
  • More customization options in the UI.
  • Free online play (highly unlikely, I know). I believe I shouldn't have to pay extra to access what is a genuine feature of the game. Besides, I personally don't even go online that often, just to get trophies and little else. Why should I have to keep paying for it while I'm not even using it?
  • Backwards compatibility with all Playstation systems. If the PS5 uses the same architecture as the PS4, then playing its games should be a cakewalk. Playing PS1 and PS2 games through software emulation should be a piece of cake for the PS5. The problem is the PS3 and its weird architecture... but they could probably also do it if they really wanted to. This last one is the one I really want. And it has to be physical backwards compatibility, otherwise, it's just not worth it.

I think that Sony doesn't really want to implement backwards compatibility (even with PS4).

Just imagine how much money they get selling remastered games...?

I'm really thinking about to start next generation with a XBOX and buy a PS5 after a hypotetical price cut on it and just for play the exclusive games (GoW, Horizon, etc.)...?

7 hours ago, ThiagoBezerra87 said:

I think that Sony doesn't really want to implement backwards compatibility (even with PS4).

Just imagine how much money they get selling remastered games...1f612.png

I'm really thinking about to start next generation with a XBOX and buy a PS5 after a hypotetical price cut on it and just for play the exclusive games (GoW, Horizon, etc.)...1f914.png

Xbox was my main console for more more than 12 years now, honestly, don't do it... you are not missing out anything to be honest. 

13 hours ago, ThiagoBezerra87 said:

Just imagine how much money they get selling remastered games...1f612.png

I'm really thinking about to start next generation with a XBOX and buy a PS5 after a hypotetical price cut on it and just for play the exclusive games (GoW, Horizon, etc.)...1f914.png

I don't think Sony is stupid enough to make yet another generation of remasters.

The only reason they even made as many this generation was because the gaming customer base was heavily split between Xbox and Playstation during the 7th generation, and considering that the PS4 had no backwards compatibility with the PS3, it was a way for them to ensure that most people got to play the last generation's biggest gems. Kinda like what Nintendo made with the Switch.

If you think about it, Sony never really shied away from backwards compatibility. The PS2 had BC with the PS1, and so did the PS3, which at one point, even had BC with the PS2! The only reason the PS4 didn't have it was because it wasn't powerful enough to emulate the PS3's weird architecture through software.

I think they all realized that they would start getting into very diminishing returns in terms of sales if they started doing yet another generation of remasters.

• Like 1

I would like to have the possibly connecting my hearing aid’s Bluetooth to the PS5, and to be able to use the microphone on my little microphone thing my hearing aid comes with to talk to and stuff.  I know it’ll never be possible but it’s a nice thought 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 2:34 PM, Evil_Joker88 said:

Faster loading times for games.

A cooling system that doesn't sound as loud as an airplane.

I don't know why people complain so much about this. Yeah it gets loud sometimes but it's NOTHING compared to the xbox 360!!! That thing was sooooooo loud I couldn't even play it at night because it would wake people up! It was so loud that I couldn't even hear the Volume of the game anymore unless I cranked it up to NON nighttime levels. Seriously though. It was so loud that if I had them both on at the same time. You would think the ps4 was off. Even in it's jet engine blast off mode! You wouldn't even hear the ps4 compared to that. It was horrible. And everyone was fine with that noise level? Nobody complained? Maybe its just me.. oh well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Game Saved Data should be allowed only in

1. The console itself (Local Storage)

2. Online storage

USB storage for save data should be entirely scrapped.

I feel lame when I still don't have 100% Story Completion in Red Dead Redemption 2, but there are people out there who have completed the 1'st mission, hunt/skinned all animals and got 100% story completion on the same day.

1) let us sort trophies in order of A-Z,percentage & trophy rarity. 

2) let us delete trophy lists that are 99% or lower.

3) less 'system performances' updates.

4) better security from hackers.

5) more storage space for games ETC.

6) backwards capability with PS3/PS4 games.

7) a trophy percentage tracker so we can see the progress towards the trophy.

8) not a really a system improvement but release all games in all PS stores not just some.

Edited by Jinxcendant-XIII

On 6/11/2020 at 2:46 PM, LaxmiNarayanan said:

Game Saved Data should be allowed only in

1. The console itself (Local Storage)

2. Online storage

USB storage for save data should be entirely scrapped.

I feel lame when I still don't have 100% Story Completion in Red Dead Redemption 2, but there are people out there who have completed the 1'st mission, hunt/skinned all animals and got 100% story completion on the same day.

So you want to scrape a honestly good and useful feature because your bitter other people are able to do something in a game that you cannot?

Not really a system improvement, but more a PSN service that I would like to see; a digital rental service. I been enjoying renting physicals from GAMEFLY but sometimes the mail service can really lag behind and cause games to come a day or 2 late, and if not timed right, I wont have a new game to play over the weekend. I don't know what pricing would make it fair, and make it a money making service for SONY, obviously if it doesn't make them money in the long run, it wouldn't happen. I'm sure they rather people pay full price on new releases than rent them.

• 1 month later...

I have been enjoying to read everyone's thoughts alot of them i would really want also but i have not seen anyone talk about theme's & how they should let us change the colors of the theme personal thing maybe but yeah :)

On 1/29/2020 at 9:57 AM, Smiddy23 said:

I have to disagree with you on that one, every X1 I've had (including the current X1X) have the most useless UI I've ever experienced. I've transitioned this gen from prioritising the X1 to the PS because I lose it everytime I'm just trying to get into my games and apps and the console has a shit fit.

Never had an issue with the PS, UI just works and very smoothly. 

I have to agree with you there. I got a Xbox One at launch had it for months and got rid of it and got the ps4. That UI was the most confusing thing ever, the UI kept getting more confusing as they updates went on with the Xbox 360 but then just went insane on the xbox one. It might of "worked" but it was shit

For the love of god, please improve the party chat audio quality (XONE has vastly superior audio). 

I plan on switching over from xbox with the ps5 this holiday so, that is one thing that I notice is like night and day on playstation, currently. 

One other thing would be Download speed. 

:P

On 5/21/2020 at 6:01 AM, MichMasteR said:

Xbox was my main console for more more than 12 years now, honestly, don't do it... you are not missing out anything to be honest. 

Seconded. Been Xbox since 360, and making the switch for next-gen seems to be the way to go this time around. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd like to be able to upload/download from cloud easier, instead of going to cloud storage through ps icon or settings,

8 minutes ago, monke_life said:

Option to manually sort trophies however you want

and this would be great aswel. however they know that we use psnp and can't be arsed to implement any type of sorting at all.

• Like 1