Mini Maps, Compasses or Floating Icons?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is best?

• Mini Maps
    • Compass
    • Floating Icon
    • Something else, like that line on the ground on Death Stranding

I like having mini maps overall.

In any of the Musou games they are pretty much necessary to see an overview of the battlefield and know when an ally is in trouble as opposed to seeing their distressed message and opening the pause menu to look through a list of allies then go track down which enemies are giving them grief on the enemy tab.

^honestly mini maps are best for anything dungeon or closed stage related.

If by compass you mean like what the AC games, pre-Origins at least, or Titanfall 2 have, then I don't mind those. A mini map wouldn't really work well in these kinds of games anyways given the sheer size of the maps for open world games, and the movement/linear gameplay of most FPS games. A compass for surroundings is best here imo.

Floating icons like what AC Origins and Odyssey have? Don't like it. I've seen no benefit or real use for it. Especially when you can just bookmark something on the map as a reference point.. I don't remember anything so specific where it's like "east of this. or west of this thing and go south" that you'd need to use the floating navigation bar often or even on a somewhat consistent basis.