Question about digital Season Pass and retail Royal Edition

tjoe1bkhjtqxm

If I buy a brand-new disc version of the Royal Edition, will I have all the DLCs or the Season Pass will allow me to get access all DLCs?

Sorry but I don't know if the Royal Edition came out before or after all the DLCs have been released...

Second question:

I've also read the topic title about update 1.27 "How to get the comrades trophies"... So if I buy the disc version, I'll just have to not update the game but Comrades is online only right?

Edited by tjoe1bkhjtqxm

No, Royal Edition doesn’t include Episode Ardyn, so you’ll have to buy that separately. It includes everything else.

As for Comrades, I’m not sure what version the Royal Edition installs at, but if it’s below 1.26, then you’ll have to install it to 1.26 but not to the most current version - the thread you mentioned has more detailed instructions, I’m not 100% sure how it works.

Comrades can be played offline, and it’s the only way to play in the main game’s DLC list as the online functionality has been removed.

Hope that info helps? But if you have any further questions, let me know and I’ll try to help! ^_^ 

• Like 1

To answer your second question: If you have bought the Royal edition, it comes with the season pass which allows you to download comrades from ps store but you must update your game to a patch that has comrades available in DLC menu of FFXV, The last patch that has this is 1.26, in any patch after that you get redirected to download the stand alone version of comrades. (which is online)

So if you want 100% trophies for FFXV you have to download patch 1.26 and play comrades offline with AI partners and make sure the game does not download and install the latest patch as it will constantly try that.

For more info look at the thread u mentioned.

Edited by SHADOW-KILLER-S2

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/1/2020 at 10:53 AM, Kristycism said:

No, Royal Edition doesn’t include Episode Ardyn, so you’ll have to buy that separately. It includes everything else.

As for Comrades, I’m not sure what version the Royal Edition installs at, but if it’s below 1.26, then you’ll have to install it to 1.26 but not to the most current version - the thread you mentioned has more detailed instructions, I’m not 100% sure how it works.

Comrades can be played offline, and it’s the only way to play in the main game’s DLC list as the online functionality has been removed.

Hope that info helps? But if you have any further questions, let me know and I’ll try to help! ^_^ 

Ok thank you, I've just bought it this morning because it's on sale on EU Store for 7,49€...

The trophies of "July 2017 update" and the "Comrades 2018 Update" are obviously free since they're only updates came with the new patches right?

15 minutes ago, harrypotter1997 said:

Wait, so digital season pass and royal edition will give you access to the in game comrades? I though it will only give you the standalone and you need physical royal to get the in game dlc.

From my understanding what you said is correct. If not then I just wasted a tenner buying it physical :P

Hi I own both the Digital and Physical version of FFXV Royal Edition.

To keep it simple PSN Version is automatically the newest version in download, but it does not include the original DLC Comrades only the Standalone version.

Physical Edition with its dlc code will net you the original DLC Comrades plus Standalone. But the game disc included is same 1.00 version as the original release. Because of this you will have to do the downgrade trick to download patch 1.26 instead of the latest path to access the DLC Comrades version. (You can only play the DLC version too alone and you will need to turn off automatic updates or you may lose access to DLC Comrades if your patch higher then 1.26.)

Neither version includes Episode Ardyn as mentioned.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

On 2/2/2020 at 11:02 AM, DeathSquidGames said:

Do we know if this method will flag your trophies/accounts? I want to do this, but don’t want to get banned from PS4 or PSNprofiles.

No, you will not be penalized for downgrading your game version to access trophies no longer achievable on updated versions.

This thread might be a helpful read:

1 hour ago, harrypotter1997 said:

Wait, so digital season pass and royal edition will give you access to the in game comrades? I though it will only give you the standalone and you need physical royal to get the in game dlc.

The digital season pass doesn't include the in-game DLC for Comrades. It used to have it so if you bought it when it was included then you might still have access to the in-game DLC (+ the standalone) but if you bought the season pass after it's removal then you'll only get the standalone version.

I'm not sure about the digital version of Royal Edition (full version not the upgrade since that one doesn't have the season pass) but from what I read from those that bought it also has the in-game DLC.

The physical version of Royal Edition has a Season Pass code inside (so no use buying a used copy unless the code wasn't used) that includes the in-game DLC.

To play the in-game DLC you'll have to make sure the game is in version 1.26 using the method described on the following thread:

As for DLC, like mentioned by users above the Royal Edition (both digital and physical) has all the DLC needed for trophies with the sole exception being Episode Ardyn which you'll have to buy separately. And you won't be flagged or banned for using the method to play on a lower version.

Royal Edition includes all DLC except for Episode Ardyn and a variant of the Blazefire Saber, but the latter is already included in the R.E. itself and has pretty much the same stats. Non-standalone Comrades is included but obviously not usable.

Edited by Lance_87

47 minutes ago, harrypotter1997 said:

I'm getting mixed messages here. Some are saying that in-game Comrades is included with the digital Royal version. Some are saying it's not. Don't know who to trust.

My copy of FFXV is fully digital. I didn't buy the physical game and the other DLC separately. I bought the Royal Edition while it was on sale last year.

On 29/1/2020 at 10:53 AM, Kristycism said:

Thanks, I've just bought the Royal Pack. It says the installation is completed but it's not in the list of downloaded content in Main Menu (there's only Episode Gladio, Prompto, Ignis and Ardyn). 

I can get access to Royal Pack trophies while I'm roaming in the world of base game? 

• 2 months later...
On 26/02/2020 at 8:34 AM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Thanks, I've just bought the Royal Pack. It says the installation is completed but it's not in the list of downloaded content in Main Menu (there's only Episode Gladio, Prompto, Ignis and Ardyn). 

I can get access to Royal Pack trophies while I'm roaming in the world of base game? 

I have the same problem... Royal Pack without comrades in the base game. Did u find any solution?

On 24/02/2020 at 2:48 PM, harrypotter1997 said:

I'm getting mixed messages here. Some are saying that in-game Comrades is included with the digital Royal version. Some are saying it's not. Don't know who to trust.

It might be a difference of regional PSN stores. Sometimes in NA stores they remove items that are no longer eligible but other regions may still offer those packs. Sometimes they forget to remove others times even if the content is no longer accessible they still have to provide access to them.

All I know is for me I purchased the Digital Royal Edition before and I definitely did not have access to DLC Version of Comrades in my library only had access to Standalone. I bought a physical edition of Royal Edition input code and had access to Comrades DLC.

Personally I think it's better to go physical anyways over digital their about the same price even when on sale. And with physical at least if you do the downgrade trick it's easier in that you won't need to wait for the whole game to install  as well by download just the patch itself. (This is important as usually you have to restart the connection on the program used to do it every 30 minutes of it takes to long.) Plus if you don't want to keep the game after you can resell it for a few bucks minus the code.