PS+ February 2020

Ghost

3 hours ago, Inuty said:

Well if Sony stick to this strategy with the trilogy games I can think of some of them ;) 

+ Resident Evil "3 in 1" (Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6)

I already have Bioshock collection on PS3, I bought it for my husband because this is one of his favorite PC game series. But now I can play it on PS4 too. Sorry that there is no Russian language here, possible misunderstandings of the plot.

Edited by away-kaa

3 minutes ago, Feral said:

Already have The Sims 4 and don’t have PSVR so they’re out.

I own the Bioshock trilogy but might just get them anyway in case my PS3 ever dies then can still play them.

Come to hamilton island and borrow my psvr, it sitting nicely in the box is came in cause i havnt opened it yet

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Inuty said:

Well if Sony stick to this strategy with the trilogy games I can think of some of them ;) 

- Spyro

- Crash Bandicoot

-  Assassins Creed Ezio Collection

- Dishonored

Dishonored 2 is dirt cheap right now on the EU store, thinking about picking it up so I'd love to have the opportunity to take the definitive edition of the first game as well. I've had Spyro and the Ezio Collection on my store wishlist for a while too and not pulled the trigger so this would all be great.

Well, the third game, even as a PSVR exclusive, makes this lineup better than it'd be with two games. That said... (sigh)

Bioshock Collection and Sims 4 are solid choices as far as game quality goes, but Bioshock Collection suffers from a similar issue The Last of Us Remastered and The Uncharted Collection (etc) does, when it's yet again another (standard) remaster or remastered collection of last generation games that has constantly been extremely cheap over the last multiple years (original and remastered versions). SIE keep... giving away remasters (from last gen) and their cheap "PlayStation Hits" as one of the two games in their lineups, and it legitimately sucks. The reason I already have these games is precisely because they've been very cheap/put in sales that I've intentionally waited for specifically to save money, many times. Already know more of what type of games will be offered over this year.

It's becoming harder to justify keeping PS+ overall with this inconvenient and tragic practice they have in place, avoiding to distribute more (obviously good) obscure and expensive games (over the price of $20) in their lineups. Now I've really been given no choice but to limit my selecting of games in sales, since I need to keep PS+ for online. 

• Like 3

Much like the borderlands collection the bioshock collection kept going on sale for $15 and I was waiting for it to hit $10 before I’d buy it but it’s coming to plus first so a win for me I guess 

have never played the sims before, don’t know if I’ll add it to my library yet

6 hours ago, GoDBoss173 said:

BS2 is probably the best bioshock in terms of gameplay and definitely a better version of 1.

BS1 Story wouldnt be better or worse than BS2 if not for the few story twist but those twists exist so Bioshock 1 wins in terms of story.

Rapture is great in both games with interesting locations but BS2 has the problem that BS1 came first. It doesnt have the original impact anymore and is just more of the same.

How exactly is BS2 BY FAR the weakest entry? If you compare the first two games rationally then those two games are relatively close.

Gameplay wise 2 certainly has an edge on 1 but only marginally. Your ability to "dual wield" so to speak is the big improvement but the combat system is essentially the same and near the end, just as with one, you can use your drill to handle most mooks with little to no trouble with the right plasmid setup.

Bioshock's narrative is the strong point of the series and 2 just doesn't measure up which is no surprise because it wasn't done by the series creator so you essentially have a Bioshock game little different from the first except with a worse story. 2 is generally considered the weaker game for a reason. It's not a bad game, just a bad Bioshock

7 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Dammit... I wanted to let my PS+ expire on my main account since it's from a country I no longer live in and I don't wanna buy PS cards from abroad, and instead buy PS+ for a second account I made where I'm at now... But with Bioshock being offered in February, I need to either have an overlap of PS+ accounts and pay for both, or just forget the idea, bite the dust, and keep buying PS cards 1f605.png 

The Bioshock Collections was on sale in the past, even below 10€ if I remember correctly. Maybe it would be cheaper to buy it, instead of paying for PS+ for two accounts.

• Like 1

Meh. Every month since Sony discontinued free PS3 and Vita games, I miss them more and more.

I've already played through the entire Bioshock series on PS3 and hate remasters and I've never been a fan of the Sims series or VR.

Oh well, 3 less games to join the backlog I suppose.

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, merciful84 said:

Meh. Every month since Sony discontinued free PS3 and Vita games, I miss them more and more.

I've already played through the entire Bioshock series on PS3 and hate remasters and I've never been a fan of the Sims series or VR.

Oh well, 3 less games to join the backlog I suppose.

Yeah. I miss the Vita and PS3 titles, too, because they were really interesting. I didn't always like them (Iconoclasts, step forward!), but it was nice to get a game like Severed, or Grand Kingdom, or Zero Time Dilemma that I might otherwise not play, and it's always nice to try to broaden gaming horizons, even if ultimately I detest the game (Deadly Premonition, it's your turn in the spotlight!), and rail against not only the game, but the people who like it (you're up, Proteus!).

Like I said, I'm happy about this month because I have none of the games. But I imagine a lot of people have played Bioshock and The Sims 4. I wish maybe just one of these was released, and an interesting indie joined the fray.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, merciful84 said:

Every month since Sony discontinued free PS3 and Vita games, I miss them more and more.

Indeed. There were so many intriguing cross-play indie titles coming from the Vita offerings, along with the occasional gem on PS3—stuff I would have otherwise overlooked. The anticipation I had for the reveal each month is long gone now. Maybe things will get exciting again once PS5 games become a part of the service.

I've already played the original Bioshock to death on multiple platforms, and Infinite didn't impress me, so I'm lukewarm about February. However, I wouldn't mind going through BS2 (and the excellent Minerva's Den add-on) again.

On 1/29/2020 at 4:11 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ok, did a bit more digging and found a complete list of ps+ games (for Australia, so 99% of the EU games) 

And I was close enough, we got Bioshock 2 in January 2013 and Infinity in February 2014.

But we all know that this isn't the first time that Sony does something like this.. 

Well, at last it's good for the many new users that weren't around all those years ago. 

https://www.finder.com.au/playstation-plus-free-games#list

I know you have to look at the logs (and have to know you have to look at the logs to find this kind of info in the first place), but the wiki's deletion log explains why it was deleted, though I don't agree with that reason at all, but most importantly shares that users transferred the list to the fandom page here - https://playstation.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Plus_games

4 different region lists are there, including NA, and the format is more or less the same as the wiki, so it should be a suitable replacement.  I updated my bookmark.

• Like 2

On 30.1.2020 at 5:39 PM, Mori said:

The Bioshock Collections was on sale in the past, even below 10€ if I remember correctly. Maybe it would be cheaper to buy it, instead of paying for PS+ for two accounts.

I actually think I figured out the way to go.. I'll use my 14 day free PS+ trial to add Bioshock to my library, then get the subscription once my old PS+ expires and I should have the games ? But you are right, and the collection seems to be on a sale every few weeks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matto_lsi said:

I know you have to look at the logs (and have to know you have to look at the logs to find this kind of info in the first place), but the wiki's deletion log explains why it was deleted, though I don't agree with that reason at all, but most importantly shares that users transferred the list to the fandom page here - https://playstation.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Plus_games

4 different region lists are there, including NA, and the format is more or less the same as the wiki, so it should be a suitable replacement.  I updated my bookmark.

Thanks, didn't saw that piece of info when I looked for it.. 

5 minutes ago, STFUxDxD said:

BioShock: The Collection is a nice surprise.  I've only played BioShock: Infinite on PS3 and thought it was an excellent game.  I'm more than happy to play it again on PS4 this time (plus now I'll get to experience BioShock 1 and 2 as well).

You might be in for a real treat, then. I actually thought Bioshock Infinite was the worst of the 3 on the PS3 (though still imminently playable). 

11 minutes ago, theSpirae said:

How does one add a game that's already in Library from EA Access? I can't add the Sims 4 as I already have it via EA Access. Once the EA Access runs out, I won't have the game from Plus since I'm not able to add it. Is there a solution?

Good question, I've been assuming it will involve a call to ps4 support or some such to ask them to remove it from the previous "purchase", but hopefully someone here has a better idea!