Spring 2020 Backlog Challenge

2 hours ago, Stanners316 said:

One slight annoyance though is the occasional sluggish movement trying to run forwards. Hobbling to a halt almost when you're pushing directly up on the L stick.

Check to see if it does that with another controller (if you have another). The analog stick might be getting worn out. I haven't played Rime but I had a similar problem with select few games before I realized that was the problem.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Check to see if it does that with another controller (if you have another). The analog stick might be getting worn out. I haven't played Rime but I had a similar problem with select few games before I realized that was the problem.

Good shout, I'll check later. My day 1 controller succumbed to that 6 months ago so I hope the new one hasn't gone already. Your right though, when you get that problem, it shows itself on a few games but not all.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

So that's why my controller is doing that. I had to play half of the Kingdom Hearts games with the characters randomly moving slowly, since there's a dead zone on the top of the left stick. Now I have a controller that I use for 3D games and one for 2D games.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SanctifiedSword said:

Top of the morning to you backlog hunters! At least here in the USA it's morning. Anyway, it's been extremely fun to read your updates and progress reports over the last couple hours. Some of you have some pretty large lists that make me wonder if you'll be able to complete them all in time... but don't worry, I'll be cheering you on all the way through it. Don't make me whip out another pokemon cheerleader gif though *shakes finger*. Amid all the updates here's what I've been up too up to mid-month...

Color Code:

Red = Game not started.

Green = Game is in progress.

Blue = Game completed to 100% + DLC.

Dark Souls 1: Remastered + DLC (PS4) 0%

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin + DLC (PS4) 0%

Dark Souls 3 + DLC (PS4) 0%

Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4) 0%

2611.png Darksiders 1: Warmastered Edition (PS4) 100% on March 13th, 2020.

Final Fantasy 7: Remake (PS4) 0%

So, Darksiders 1 has been completed which went great with the RPG event. As a Christian myself, I absolutely loved the references to things like the seven seals, Eden, Tree of Knowledge, "Destroyer", "Betrayer", "Creator", "Council", "Horseman" that links back to biblical source material. Not that you have to be religious at all to understand it (and it's wildly different). My Christian friends would probably shake their head at me for playing it and enjoying it but come on... it's just a game. Haha. It's a hack and slasher, Zelda dungeon crawler, RPG element sprinkled game. Kind of a trail mix bowl of genres. Sprinkle a little angels and demons in there, add a big flashy sword, mix to perfection and wa-la. You got yourself a Darksiders. 

With that out of the way I am starting on the main meat of this event for me: Dark Souls. All three games. All DLC. My plan is to get up to the last trophy in each game (for the plat) quit and move to the next game. Then I'll platinum all 3 games on the same day in order so they appear numerically on my profile from 1-3. I've played the original Dark Souls multiple times on my Xbox, so this should go by extremely quickly. I haven't played Dark Souls 2 or 3 before in my life, so we'll see how quickly those go by. 

A bit nervous i won't complete, even though I only have 6 games. Why? Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Enough said. My excitement for that game is insane. It's a game I'm going to take slowly, enjoying every piece of it. I've never played FF7 before, but this game looks AMAZING. Which means... no other backloggery progress will happen in that time. We'll see how it plays out. That's why I gotta get going on Dark Souls... after I eat breakfast today. :)

Cheers and happy gaming everyone! Good luck on all your goals and I can't wait to see you guys succeed!

Dude I share your excitment for FF7 Remake so hard! I have never had a chance to play the original FF7 since I never had a PS1 when it first came out. I know that it is out on PS4 but ever since I heard about the remake I told myself I will just wait and play that. I also played the demo and absolutely loved the combat system. I think the only reason I haven't put it on my list yet is that I want to take my sweet time with it and I don't want to rush through that experience. Who knows though. If I get through most of my other games on the list I will definitely add that game on there as well.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DarthMagnus0605 said:

Dude I share your excitment for FF7 Remake so hard! I have never had a chance to play the original FF7 since I never had a PS1 when it first came out. I know that it is out on PS4 but ever since I heard about the remake I told myself I will just wait and play that. I also played the demo and absolutely loved the combat system. I think the only reason I haven't put it on my list yet is that I want to take my sweet time with it and I don't want to rush through that experience. Who knows though. If I get through most of my other games on the list I will definitely add that game on there as well.

My friend kept trying to get me to play the original FF7 on PS4, but I told him that if I did, I'd know the story too much and it wouldn't be as "exciting". Now he's completely jealous because I'll go in not knowing anything about the story. With the updated graphics, modern combat style (which I personally love. Reminds me of a mix between FF13 and FF15 combat styles), loveable characters and of course... another sweet plat to add to the collection, what's not to love? I almost considered not putting it on the list as well, but then I'd have to complete everything else before I got to it. Now I have an "excuse" to slide it right into my gaming schedule... Okay, so I'd have played it anyway. At least now if I get it done it can be on my backloggery list. A double win. :P 

For the demo, I haven't played it yet. My plan is to play it 1 day before the launch. That way, I can get super excited and not have to wait for weeks to play the real thing (only reason I haven't played  the demo now). Argh. April 10th. So far yet so close now! I just hope they don't screw it up. A proper FF game that pays homage to the original formula, with modern twists on it... that's what we need. Personally I'm now overlooking FF15's disaster because I consider it one big beta test for graphics for FF7R. xD 

• Like 1