Most disappointing in game rewards (pre trophies)

ShadowGandalf

It's happened to all of us at some point or another. You strive for ages on a game, struggling to get all collectables or achieve a difficult task, not knowing what reward you'll get but imagining all sorts of really cool things you COULD get. Then when you finally do it and get your reward, you're left with a feeling of "Oh, is that IT?!"

Has this ever happened to you? Which game? What was the reward? We're not talking about trophies here, I mean in game stuff.

I'll never forget The Simpsons Hit 'n' Run. I went and collected all the cards (no guide) and all I got as a reward, was a bonus Itchy and Scratchy cartoon that wasn't funny and barely a minute long. I was so disappointed. I don't remember what I expected, but something better than that. Even a whole array of cartoons would've been better. Maybe some making of documentaries or concept art... I dunno, but a single cartoon? (don't get me wrong, the game itself was excellent and I love it to this day, but.... you know...)

Edited by ShadowGandalf

Earning all existing jewels in Crash Bash. (Those who are familiar with Crash Bash know how hard was that )

Since in previous Crash titles doing that was rewarding( Extra characters in CTR & Wonderful Ending of Crash 3:Warped) Me and my cousin put so much effort & lost our asses achieving it & not a single shit happened :((     ( Why there's no crying smiley on PSNP :| )

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Collecting all of the feathers from Assassin Creed 2.

Reward:  A cape which pisses off everyone no matter what place you go to...beside needing it for the trophies, completely useless.

If you were Ezio in that situation you wouldn't think this way. You would love that cape no matter what because it reminds you of your dead family members.

Anyway... i myself never had one of those moments, even if the reward isn't good enough i was already happy for at least completing the task.

If you were Ezio in that situation you wouldn't think this way. You would love that cape no matter what because it reminds you of your dead family members.

Anyway... i myself never had one of those moments, even if the reward isn't good enough i was already happy for at least completing the task.

Yeah because that is what an assassin wants...attention to themselves.  :giggle:

Besides, the topic is most disappointing in game rewards.  No one likes collecting the feathers on Assassin Creed 2, since there is no way of tracking them without a guide, and all you get for a reward is a cape, which has no usefulness in game but always being notorious.