Platinum uncomon almost 28%?

Wujek_Araz

17 hours ago, CabDK said:

Sekiro has a high completion percentage compared to the other Souls games, not because the game is easier, but because you can cheese almost every boss in the game.

This. 
The game was hard back when it was first released without cheesing methods. Back when I played it I genuinely felt this game was a 6-7/10 in terms of difficulty without using video guides. Having the muscle memory from the souls games didn’t help me either. 

With all these new methods today, the bosses can be beaten with little effort, which kind of takes away the fun imo if you like a bit of challenge in games. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for feedback. I have plat in nioh bloodborne lords of the fallen. Now Sekiro. Yeah tru that people buy this one as yaou say to plat it mamy rarity is so high in my opinion. Cheese bosses...? Hmmmm ok there are some strategies but honestly it is not so easy anyways. Im curently at fight with genichiro or so on top of pagoda.

If I remember correctly there were also save files available, so people popped all trophies in a short span of time. I bet many got caught doing it, but also a lot who did it less obvious.

However, like some said before, From Soft games are loved by the community, thus many plat the game.

It's not about player skill, these games. Honestly, Dark Souls plats are pretty meaningless. There is so much cheesing, it's unbelievable. Not only that, but you can simply farm and gear up so you are overpowered and breeze through a lot of things effortlessly. This has always been the case. Combine this with a perceived esteemed platinum and you get these high percentages for platinums. 

• Like 1

Hmm unlikely like bloodborne etc. Its strict single player. I gear up a little with proper skills and tactics, its more possible to plat that one. Ofc i do it without cheating and uae saves from other ppl, stat spoils the fun and difficulty. Anyways sooner or later i plat that one ;)

• Like 1

No MP I guess. Pretty fun game even on NG4 where I achieved my plat. Lord Ishiin and Emma was tough challange. What a shame Dark Souls series have annoying and BS grind trophies so I will stick with Sekiro and Bloodborne plats. Bloodborne plat was harder, Sekiro more tedious (all Skill points rly ???) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 31/01/2020 at 11:40 PM, Stardroid said:

It's not about player skill, these games. Honestly, Dark Souls plats are pretty meaningless. There is so much cheesing, it's unbelievable. Not only that, but you can simply farm and gear up so you are overpowered and breeze through a lot of things effortlessly. This has always been the case. Combine this with a perceived esteemed platinum and you get these high percentages for platinums. 

Agreed, there are so many cheesing and glitching in DS, aside from just perfectly balanced strategies from thousand of streamers. I watched a dude beating all bosses in barely an hour and so many randoms do it withing 2 hours ..... 

I finished Sekiro 1.0 but i heard many times the next patches increased the damage output of some techniques, making the early Whirlwind Slash kinda OP. And i saw a youtube guy who beat all the bosses easily with only the umbrella, so i guess more and more people can finish the game even if they suck at dodging and deflecting.

Edited by Spike_Hostile17

• 2 weeks later...

Someone said this about Dark Souls 3 (despite that game being the easiest of all of their games) but given how this is a site that tracks trophies and people that play these kind of games are those that look for a more 'hardcore' experience, it makes sense why these two line up. The game is hard and to me is probably the hardest one they made but I like trophies and I like the difficult games that give me them, so even though it was very difficult, I still did it, somehow. 

It actually surprises me how there's way more people who have this platinum versus Bloodborne. Considering with Bloodborne you just need the three cords and you're good. This ACTUALLY requires to fight bosses twice. Maybe because popularity through GOTY award? Or just a dedicated fanbase? Either way interesting.

I've platted every From game and also the first Nioh and I must say that the game is easier considering the progression through levels, but is brutally harder concerning a couple of the first bosses they throw at you, took me a few solid hours of pain to learn how to properly fight the old lady and taking advantage of the tools the game provides you. If you cope with the fact that the game has to be played the only way devs decided, it should become easier.

On 5/20/2020 at 2:58 AM, remainpositive said:

It actually surprises me how there's way more people who have this platinum versus Bloodborne. Considering with Bloodborne you just need the three cords and you're good. This ACTUALLY requires to fight bosses twice. Maybe because popularity through GOTY award? Or just a dedicated fanbase? Either way interesting.

Comparing Sekiro and Bloodborne through personal experience, I thought Bloodborne was way harder than Sekiro. I remember I played it a few years back and not being able to beat the spider boss.

What I really like about the bosses in Sekiro is that they kind of serve as "milestones" and they test what you've learned throughout the game. I remember that I had to grasp certain mechanics in the game in order to fight a boss (like Mikiri counters, double jumping). If I didn't, the boss fights would've been possible but also would've taken ages to finish. Also, I liked the fact that a lot of the bosses in Sekiro were humanoid instead of big monsters like in Bloodborne. This made it a lot easier for me to learn attacks.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 3:20 PM, peezzeer said:

What I really like about the bosses in Sekiro is that they kind of serve as "milestones" and they test what you've learned throughout the game. I remember that I had to grasp certain mechanics in the game in order to fight a boss (like Mikiri counters, double jumping). If I didn't, the boss fights would've been possible but also would've taken ages to finish. Also, I liked the fact that a lot of the bosses in Sekiro were humanoid instead of big monsters like in Bloodborne. This made it a lot easier for me to learn attacks.

I can definitely agree that Sekiro stays tride and true in making you understand its combat mechanics, but the farther I go in the more cheese I find. Take Seven Spear for example, you can literally hang off a ledge and just swipe when he gets close and boom, finished. I personally think it most boils down to grinding and leveling up. Sekiro it's mainly prayer beads and memories and you get strong while Bloodborne collecting echoes and possibly losing them is too tedious for alot.