Persona 4 Arena Score attack mode tips...

Oh, and just to say one more thing, non-related to Score Attack Mode, but to Challenge Mode: that youtube channel has all the number 30 challenges too, so if you try to do it, watch those videos too. Nyohiro do the challenges in a easier way than the ArcSys' demos, so I suggest you to follow his videos. Kanji's 30, for example, is a lot easier than the demonstration. I wish I'd watched his videos before doing Aigis' 30, did it the hard way and I still have nightmares with that challenge (ok, not so much. But the way he does it is a lot better).

Great tips, I'd def. try this out when I'm free. I just need to complete SA and CM then the plat is mine :D

Great tips, I'd def. try this out when I'm free. I just need to complete SA and CM then the plat is mine :D

Well, just clarifying though: you can follow his videos on the challenges 30 of Narukami, Chie, Yukiko, Kanji, Teddie, Aigis, Labrys and Elizabeth.

For me, the easier way for Yosuke is at this video:

Mitsuru:

Shabrys:

Naoto:

For Akihiko, the game's demonstration way was the best one for me.

Don't forget to go to the videos' page and read the subscrition/comments for notations and tips.

(All I'm saying is what worked better for me. You can find the way he did better than the videos I posted now. So yeah... just follow your heart.)

GamepartnersTV said:

I actually got to the 5th match today (who is Kanji) on Score Attack without using the pause method. Sure I got beaten but at least the experience is going to help me next time I face him (Hopefully by tomorrow since I'm tired for today of fighting in arena). :unsure:

For kanji, I just ran away from him, more than likely he'll jump and use his air grab, if you stay crouching it will whiff and you punish him. Just never never never ever be close to him, otherwise...

Edited by GrE3d_BR
  • Like 3

I beat Score Attack with all characters this week, and I gotta say, doing all the challenges was a lot harder for me... the problem with Score Attack is just the first time you beat it. Took me about one week to beat it with my main character, Labrys, without using pause abuse or any other tactics, just learning how to handle the AI. After you play a bit, you begin to memorize all the patterns the AI do and you can beat it quite easily. For example, if you are far away from Chie in the stage, she will almost always do a dragon kick, which you can punish. The easy tactic to beat her is just run away until she does it, punish her, and then run away again, repeat the cycle.

To beat it with all characters, I watched the videos in this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NY0H1R0

This guy did runs in Score Attack with all characters, which helped me a lot to know what do to. Watching his videos and using the pause tactic = easy win.

I strongly recommend using the pause abuse tactic, it makes everything A LOT easier. I almost never did get hit by Yu, for example. Now, if I didn't press pause during his attacks, I'd probably get hit in seconds.

The characters that gave me trouble finishing SA were only Yukiko, Aigis and Elizabeth (with Aigis being the heardest [funny thing her 30° challenge was the hardest for me too]), and they were the first ones I attempted to complete SA (after Labrys, of course). Took me 6 or more attempts.

After that, all the other characters were fine. Mitsuru, Naoto, Yu and Akihiko I did on my first try. Yu and Akihiko were the easiest, so I recommend doing them last. Just get rid of Yukiko, Aigis and Liz first :3

Oh, and just to say one more thing, non-related to Score Attack Mode, but to Challenge Mode: that youtube channel has all the number 30 challenges too, so if you try to do it, watch those videos too. Nyohiro do the challenges in a easier way than the ArcSys' demos, so I suggest you to follow his videos. Kanji's 30, for example, is a lot easier than the demonstration. I wish I'd watched his videos before doing Aigis' 30, did it the hard way and I still have nightmares with that challenge (ok, not so much. But the way he does it is a lot better).

At last, sorry if there any errors with my english, it's not my first language.

Thank you so much! This is truly going to help me out in the long runs so I can prepare myself properly :D By the way there's nothing wrong with your English, it's perfectly fine :) 

DEVILKIDGAME15.png

• Like 1

I have also managed to clear Score Attack with every character. For me, this mode was much harder than the challenge mode, since Score Attack was more fustrating and got more boring toward the end. It may be intimidating to finish it with all characters, but I assure it isnt as bad as it sounds. As long as you have the right strategy and remain calmin tough situations, you can clear this mode. It does require a lot of determination and being able to continue after dying toward the end.

I recommend doing it 2 or 3 times with easy characters, then doing it as Yukiko and Aigis, so you have a better chance. Aigis was the most difficult, but isnt too bad once you know the AI. Unlimited Elizabeth (final stage) is the most difficult part of Score Attack, since its extremely easy to get hit once or twice. One Ghastily Wail or Diarahan can force you to start score attack all over again. Use Pause Abuse as much as you can, and do not get careless. If Unlimited Elizabeth uses Diarahan successfully, she will have gained all of her health back. The best way to avoid this situation is to make sure she doesnt have a blue burst by awakening. If she does regain her health, you can win time out if you managed not to get hit.

If you want to practise against some of the AI in practise, set the difficulty to Hell. The patterns are the same and can help as preperation. Make sure to watch the opponents meter to see if it reaches 50. Almost all of the opponents will use it on a SP skill that may be damaging if it connects. Most of are punishable, but some are not.Use your characters combo starter and press start to see if the combo was blocked. Look for openings for combo starters especially against Unlimited Yu/Mitsuru.

The following guides were very useful along with the videos that NYOHIRO made on Youtube.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/persona-4-arena/167378-persona-4-arena-score-attack-guide-strategy-thread.html

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=384493

Edited by Edddyy
  • Like 4

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Sharing my insights on Score Attack based on my experience.

Aigis

When using Aigis follow up Radical Cannon (214A/B) after performing 5AAA or 5ABC. If the opponent is far from you, use the B variation of Radical Cannon. On the 2nd round use Instant Kill after 5AAA. Delay the IK by performing it a bit late against opponents such as Naoto, Teddie, Akihiko and Liz. as the first three would almost always use their Furious Action, Liz on the other hand will use Mahamon or Mamudoon. If she uses the latter while you are performing the IK, you are screwed. On a mirror match against Aigis, though a bit risky, wait for her to perform Pandora Missile Launcher or her Vulcan Cannon and use Radical Cannon B (214B).

Mitsuru

Try to keep spamming FA and Coup Droit B (4 charge 6B), 5AAAA also works wonders, when performing an IK on the 2nd round, wait for the opponent to do something risky, and when they do, pop the IK.

Yu

When fighting against Aigis, you can zone her out with Zio C (236C)

Yukiko

5AAAA, then hold the A button down till the opponent recovers, once they do release it and perform 5AAAA again. Rinse and repeat. Also when cornering an opponent, try to step back a bit before doing it again, chances are they might block the next.

Her FA is also useful against an awakened Teddie who will use Circus Bear. Just hold it down and wait for Teddie's move to end, it will also heal you.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

I'm working on SA with labrys without pause-exploit, but I'm stuck with Kanji.

Versus mode on hell is a joke, absolutely nothing in confront with SA, there I almost never lose since is too easy so I must keep reaching the characters on SA to learn them correctly, & now I'm stuck with Kanji... generally my tactic involves spamming A as soon as AI recovers from my previous attack (or 214 A/B spam) & FA when it goes aggressive, but againts Kanji FA throws him in air & let him land very close to me, Guillotine Axe spam (214 A/B) may not work neither (if he blocks it = grab), & spamming A = grab.

Lord_Ra said to wait that aerial attack but if I wait then Kanji uses first the lightnings & while I'm still blocking then he does the aerial attack so I can't evade.

When I recover he is very close to me, & whatever I do = grab.

Edited by VirtualNight

Lord_Ra said to wait that aerial attack but if I wait then Kanji uses first the lightnings & while I'm still blocking then he does the aerial attack so I can't evade.

When I recover he is very close to me, & whatever I do = grab.

If you duck and block when he's doing the aerial grab attack and successfully evade it, you should have enough time to make a quick attack and connect it to a combo most of the time, even if he uses lighting.

If you duck and block when he's doing the aerial grab attack and successfully evade it, you should have enough time to make a quick attack and connect it to a combo most of the time, even if he uses lighting.

Google translate sucks, so I don't understand what you mean with "duck" xD .

The problem is that he does that grab immediately after using the lightnings so I just can't move & if after that he does the ground grab too I'm dead/almost dead..

Google translate sucks, so I don't understand what you mean with "duck" xD .

The problem is that he does that grab immediately after using the lightnings so I just can't move & if after that he does the ground grab too I'm dead/almost dead..

Duck= Crouch, cover, lower yourself? xD

You don't have to move, you have to counterattack as soon as he misses and lands. If you're crouched and defending he'll always miss the aerial, and if he used the lighting you'll simply be paralyzed (and still able to attack). If you counterattack him as I mentioned, it will wear off immediately.

It's a "rinse and repeat" method of doing that.

I repeat, you don't have to move, merely counterattack him in that small window of time where he misses the aerial grab (which is a lot compared to other chars imo).

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

Duck= Crouch, cover, lower yourself? xD

You don't have to move, you have to counterattack as soon as he misses and lands. If you're crouched and defending he'll always miss the aerial, and if he used the lighting you'll simply be paralyzed (and still able to attack). If you counterattack him as I mentioned, it will wear off immediately.

It's a "rinse and repeat" method of doing that.

I repeat, you don't have to move, merely counterattack him in that small window of time where he misses the aerial grab (which is a lot compared to other chars imo).

Google was translating it as the animal.... :facepalm:

Ok understood, I'll try that later, thanks.

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 1

Google was translating it as the animal.... :facepalm:

Ok understood, I'll try that later, thanks.

LOL I can barely picture what that translation must have said on my language and I'm already laughing xD

Sure thing pal! Best of luck!

Ok the tactic for Kanji works fine, I reached Akihiko before fail.

One thing (to don't be unprepared when I'll reach the last matches): against Labrys & her Shadow since I don't pause-exploit it can be hard to read in time if she is going to do AoA or 2A sweep, in versus I don't need to block, I can run to her, grab & repeat, if the grab doesn't work I hold FA & I release it when she attacks or does AoA, when she is Awakening I run away & I wait for her brutal impact.

Can this thing work on SA?

Edited by VirtualNight

Ok the tactic for Kanji works fine, I reached Akihiko before fail.

One thing (to don't be unprepared when I'll reach the last matches): against Labrys & her Shadow since I don't pause-exploit it can be hard to read in time if she is going to do AoA or 2A sweep, in versus I don't need to block, I can run to her, grab & repeat, if the grab doesn't work I hold FA & I release it when she attacks or does AoA, when she is Awakening I run away & I wait for her brutal impact.

Can this thing work on SA?

I THINK you can do that against S-Labrys but definitely don't with normal Labrys since she's way more varied with her attacks on SA. Even so, 90% of the time if you can down S-Labrys and get close to her, she'll do a AoA as a response. Also, try to destroy her persona every chance you get. Arterious is a pain in the ass to deal with if she breaks the loop.

• Like 1

Need more help!

I reached Aigis twice, both times I've been destroyed. The problem is that WHATEVER I do she blocks, always, I simply can't hit her.

On versus she doesn't block so much, if she does I can just keep attacking, possibly she'll get hurt by 3rd or 4th attack, but if I do on SA she does a counter-attack, especially that annoying shield.

I think she is the only one that I don't know well:

-what happens when she uses that small shield? I can't attack her? or to do that I must pass that shield?

-when she has 50 sp meter, even if she isn't awakening, is better that I run away & wait that she does something to reduce it?

Edited by VirtualNight

Need more help!

I reached Aigis twice, both times I've been destroyed. The problem is that WHATEVER I do she blocks, always, I simply can't hit her.

On versus she doesn't block so much, if she does I can just keep attacking, possibly she'll get hurt by 3rd or 4th attack, but if I do on SA she does a counter-attack, especially that annoying shield.

I think she is the only one that I don't know well:

-what happens when she uses that small shield? I can't attack her? or to do that I must pass that shield?

-when she has 50 sp meter, even if she isn't awakening, is better that I run away & wait that she does something to reduce it?

If you stay away from her she'll become a spammer. Usually her openings are the fire spin (but the one she does on the air and falls on your head is very hard to block and better to counter with FA). The other one which isn't listed on the guides is the jump persona C where she summons Athena and does an horizontal slash. That last one is quite common and CAN be punished if you block it, but you need to be quick in attacking her as she lands.

I assume the shield you talk about is her special? If so, just block it and as soon as she passes you and starts to land, that's your opportunity to punish her a lot.

Overall, Aigis is tough and most of the time you have to wait for her openings mentioned. Don;t try to press her too much as she will always break the rules and do some nasty counterattack. The key here is to know how to react quickly for defending her stuff and finding the right time. I THINK you can also punish her missile barrage but maybe only with certain characters.

As for the 50 sp stuff, YES, always wait for her to reduce it.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

If you stay away from her she'll become a spammer. Usually her openings are the fire spin (but the one she does on the air and falls on your head is very hard to block and better to counter with FA). The other one which isn't listed on the guides is the jump persona C where she summons Athena and does an horizontal slash. That last one is quite common and CAN be punished if you block it, but you need to be quick in attacking her as she lands.

I assume the shield you talk about is her special? If so, just block it and as soon as she passes you and starts to land, that's your opportunity to punish her a lot.

Overall, Aigis is tough and most of the time you have to wait for her openings mentioned. Don;t try to press her too much as she will always break the rules and do some nasty counterattack. The key here is to know how to react quickly for defending her stuff and finding the right time. I THINK you can also punish her missile barrage but maybe only with certain characters.

As for the 50 sp stuff, YES, always wait for her to reduce it.

I'm using d-pad to run & double step behind, & right now I almost broke the right directional button....great, just to make things harder.

The shield I was talking about is that jump C, if I hit that then Athena attacks me...& what do you mean with "block"? is just a shield, it just goes horizontal & crosses me but covers Aigis, so what should I do? attack it & block Athena? sounds risky.

The best thing to do is like against Kanji? attack only after a specific attack?

Edited by VirtualNight

I'm using d-pad to run & double step behind, & right now I almost broke the right directional button....great, just to make things harder.

The shield I was talking about is that jump C, if I hit that then Athena attacks me...& what do you mean with "block"? is just a shield, it just goes horizontal & crosses me but covers Aigis, so what should I do? attack it & block Athena? sounds risky.

The best thing to do is like against Kanji? attack only after a specific attack?

I broke several buttons while platting Arena and need to fix that controller out :/

You block Athena's swipe, and you have a very small window of time to counterattack Aigis afterwards, but you have to be real quick. Don't attack before it.

I did beat her like that, so pretty much as far as I know :/ It's a long battle so perhaps someone else can offer you more strategy for that girl. I can't remember much else cuz I platted this one more than a year ago.

You can check up my P4A Playlist... i made like NYOHIRO a full Youtube-Playlist with every Character. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL41IUKxoE9Wgest9h3umR1iMiVUTgrXMb

It would be more interesting with which chars you did your current runs. So i could give you some more advises as well. 

1st: If she has 50SP, let her attack you, while you're blocking. She's mostly gonna use her SP. When she's landing down you can mostly attack her. If you see, she could still block for some reasons, after the 1st hit, pause, prepare to block as well or get distance to wait what she's doing next. - Always use down block, because most attacks of her can be blocked this way, except AoA. 

2nd: If she's gonna using her Missles, run - pause, run - pause closer to her. Because when she's using her Missles or something else, you can attack her as well. 

3rd: With some characters you can use FA counter until your death, if you pass their openings after they finished attacking or preparing something which takes a bit. Like i did there with Mitsuru. 

4th: Always when Aigis is in distance, she's mostly using her missles or her gun attacks, so stay focused. 

Edited by Stevieboy

With what character do you even play @Virtual ?

Still Labrys, I want to do all the characters by starting from the left.

So after that is Mitsuru time, but one thing per time.

Usually I can pass the first 6 figths easily, then:

-Mitsuru: if she blocks I can try FA, sometimes she does that circle attack so i must FA quickly again... is a lucky based strategy, but can't do better, I'm not good enough, Brutal Impact B is a great friend, even if sometimes it doesn't work

-Akihiko: I have problems in finding an opening, Lord_Ra said to don't try if Akihiko does a Killrush with 25 sp (which he has almost always) & that aerial attack is very rare.

I try to autocombo when he should attack so that there are less chances that he blocks (same I do for Aigis).

FA often just crosses Akihiko.

-Aigis: need to fight her some more times

-Yu: fighted once, no problems but I surely got an easy one, still need to fight him more

-Shadow Labrys: I don't judge her as one of the easiest because 1 AoA = death, I think that spamming grabs work with FA charged if she gets free, but my time must be correct otherwise I die

Edited by VirtualNight