Online needed to plat this game?

lordshiran

40 minutes ago, lordshiran said:

I would like to come back to this game. I need the last few trophies, but I can't play online.

Is it doable? 

it is doable but know it is hard as the sunlight medals are best done with others as at least if you help others you can also get souls while helping, the best one to do is the shade summons. I also think the other stuff is best offline as it helps not dealing with invading others as you can farm the mad warrior for the bell group for the spells and just beat the game 2 times and on the 3rd run you get to get the spells for then farming the bs invading groups such as the brotherhood of blood and way of blue.

Edited by KANERKB

I manage to log in with the ps3 of a friend and I still have the save in cloud!!!

Thanks God!

I am lvl 345 and New Game 3 or 4+

I need to do just a bit of clean up now. :)

1 hour ago, KANERKB said:

it is doable but know it is hard as the sunlight medals are best done with others as at least if you help others you can also get souls while helping, the best one to do is the shade summons. I also think the other stuff is best offline as it helps not dealing with invading others as you can farm the mad warrior for the bell group for the spells and just beat the game 2 times and on the 3rd run you get to get the spells for then farming the bs invading groups such as the brotherhood of blood and way of blue.

For what trophy I need the Sunlight medals? I completely forgot 

16 hours ago, lordshiran said:

I manage to log in with the ps3 of a friend and I still have the save in cloud!!!

Thanks God!

I am lvl 345 and New Game 3 or 4+

I need to do just a bit of clean up now. :)

all spells, as the sunlight covenant has a spell you need to get along with the bell one needing you to farm the mad warrior for that covenant if you got the ps4 one of dark souls 2 you need to get the dlc spells too.

Edited by KANERKB

18 hours ago, lordshiran said:

You need 30 sunlight medals for the last reward of the covenant, the miracle "Sunlight Spear"... And you need all miracles for a trophy. In any case, don't worry about this being tedious. It took me 1-2 hours of farming enemies offline to get the required medals, it ain't that bad of a grind. 

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
On 1.2.2020 at 3:42 PM, Arcesius said:

You need 30 sunlight medals for the last reward of the covenant, the miracle "Sunlight Spear"... And you need all miracles for a trophy. In any case, don't worry about this being tedious. It took me 1-2 hours of farming enemies offline to get the required medals, it ain't that bad of a grind. 

where do I farm for sunlight medals offline?

11 minutes ago, iSooPx said:

where do I farm for sunlight medals offline?

It's a bit more difficult in the original PS3 version, you have to kill the tough enemy, mounted overseer in Harvest Valley or the falconers who appear at the very start of the game in NG+. The very best time to farm for them in vanilla is right after you start a NG+ cycle. Walk to Majula WITHOUT TOUCHING ANY OF THE BONFIRES and join the covenant of champions, this will cause the falconers by the start to infinitely respawn. Now whenever you use the feather, you will warp to the starting point of the game instead of the bonfire on the other side of the hut since you didn't light it. The game starting point in the clearing is a LOT closer than the bonfire so you will save a lot of time between falconer kills.

Make sure to wear the gold covetous serpent ring +2, jesters cap, prison tatters chest armor, and Watch Dragon Parna for max boost to item find.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

It's a bit more difficult in the original PS3 version, you have to kill the tough enemy, mounted overseer in Harvest Valley or the falconers who appear at the very start of the game in NG+. The very best time to farm for them in vanilla is right after you start a NG+ cycle. Walk to Majula WITHOUT TOUCHING ANY OF THE BONFIRES and join the covenant of champions, this will cause the falconers by the start to infinitely respawn. Now whenever you use the feather, you will warp to the starting point of the game instead of the bonfire on the other side of the hut since you didn't light it. The game starting point in the clearing is a LOT closer than the bonfire so you will save a lot of time between falconer kills.

Make sure to wear the gold covetous serpent ring +2, jesters cap, prison tatters chest armor, and Watch Dragon Parna for max boost to item find.

Thank you. 

If I would start from scretch, how many NG+ playthroughs would I need if I would need to do this too? 

For the lvl 3 Pilgrims of Dark I need to kill the boss to be max right? That covenant is also needed i guess

I got the plat and never played online (because I hate that). So it's totally doable.

For the sunlight medals I did it in the harvest valley with the giants (the area before the big mill tower). There's a bonfire inside a cave at the beginning of the area (I think it's the second one). All you have to do is kill the 2 giants in front of the cave entrance and go back to the bonfire to make them reappear. I stayed in the cave and used magic to kill them so I don't get annoyed by the small zombies, but they're easy to kill with weapons too (just turn around them). But be prepared for hours of farming because the sunlight medals are a very rare drop. I watched several movies on my pc while doing it.

And don' t forget that in DS2 all enemies stop spawning after being killed a dozen times. To avoid that you'll have to join the champion covenant in Majula. It'll make enemies stronger but they'll also spawn endlessly. But don't worry they're still pretty easy to kill.

I think this location is better than the falconeers at the beginning. The giants are a few feet away from the bonfire so it's extremely fast to kill them and make them respawn, you don't have to use an item to do it. I tried the falconners too but it's NG+ so they're pretty strong (even more with the covenant), you really have to fight them and I got killed several times. The giants stay out of the cave, you don't even have to go near them, and their magic attacks are too high to reach you, they hit the cave ceiling instead. With a good staff and spell they die fast. I never died to the giants.

Another downside with the falconeers: once you start farming with them you have to finish, you can't do anything else before you get all the medals. With the giants I could take a break sometimes and go farm something else, or explore other areas.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I want to bump this thread to ask a question about sunlight medals farming, is it worth to wear the symbol of avarice or just the jesters cap is fine?

I have read that maybe the symbol of avarice does not stack with the other gear so I dont know which one to use.

Thanks.