BizarreAsh

Debug Mode

54 posts in this topic

The debug mode from the psp version still works so people that want an even easier time can use it to get the best equipment and materials to max out whatever you want along with a bunch of other options.

 

The code is

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right L1 R1 Square

 

I just tested it and you can unlock trophies with it if you're struggling or just want to blast through as fast as possible. I got the demon and divine weapon trophies then reloaded my game because the game is already incredibly easy after importing my Patapon 1 platinum save.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can essentially pick and choose what you want to unlock depending on what things you choose to make use of in the debug menu
 

At a quick glance you could get
Raise a rarepon to Level 10

Acquire a Divine/Demon Weapon
Unlock every memory in the Yaripon/Tatepon/Yumipon Evolution Maps
Acquire a Babassa/Mogyugyu/Wagyanba rarepon

From using the Add all items and ka-ching option or pick and choose what you add if you just want one or two from the list.

 

There's less drastic options like adding 10,000 ka-ching or adding one of each material each time you use it.

 

I guess you could also get the use a miracle trophies earlier than normal by adding the miracles to you inventory as well.

 

Another option is to add units and max them out. That will make pretty much the entire game a walk in the park.

 

I've not tested it because I don't want any more trophies to pop in weird places but under the SAMPLE option you can play minigames you haven't unlocked yet. This could possibly make getting the minigame trophies a fair bit faster as long as you can clear the level 3 versions.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please guys, do not use that.
Debug Menu is a leftover of the official Patapon 2 release on PSP, and since it gives you trophies please don't abuse that. It should be fixed as quickly as possible by the Remaster Team and we should bring attention about it to people who are close with Sony/The Remaster team, like Greg Miller.
It's extremaly unfair to people who want to grind everything up legitimately.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The inclusion of the debug menu is a good thing because the publisher will earn more revenue from trophy enthusiasts. Without that added perk, this is just another niche remaster.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abysm_Nucleus said:

After this message I am certain that i will be using Debug menu to get the shit out of trophies like I did in Jack and Daxter 2 while having extreme fun. I am so sorry if that feels unfair to you. LOL. 

 

41 minutes ago, UltraFire121 said:

We always use Debug Mode for other games to cut down time or platinum it what we want. Your not in any position to tell trophy hunters off. Grow up.

Holy hell ya'll don't need to be so rude if you yourself say these are just trophies. Other guys managed to explain it in a polite manner, you should grow up instead. I get it now.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed griefing
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless I'm missing something, does this not work on the NA version? I really don't care about the trophies are much as verifying it actually works.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Debug code only available in EU version

Same as PSP

I didn't use any debug mode to get platinum

Cause it makes the game not fun and not challenging.

If you just want the trophy but not fun and farm

Just use the mode.

If you want fun and want to let the game thophies look clearly,don't use it.

That's your choice. 

 

But remember

You're played trophies for games

Not played games for thophies

Edited by CLE_Regret
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, even though I grew up with this game, I see literally no issue with people using the debug mode for trophies, and I'm going to be doing the same myself so that I can play through and enjoy the game normally another time. The only thing I can say is that after going for the trophies, I'd highly suggest playing the game legit, as the games unique mechanics are a lot of fun to play if you're into that sort of thing.

 

On the other hand, if someone makes a guide on how to get all trophies quickly with the debug mode, hopefully this game can get more interest from trophy hunters and if Sony picks up that more people are buying the game, maybe we can get Patapon 3 Remastered sooner. There's basically no downside to this lol.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, to expand on this now that I've started playing the game, my God, this'll be easier than I thought. This could absolutely be a free platinum provided you play the right levels and are able to beat the mini games (which at this point are probably the hardest thing in the game).

 

One thing I'll say to people who want to use the debug to rush the platinum, SAVE OFTEN. The game is prone to crashing if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, so be careful.

 

I'm going to do some more research and if I can figure things out I might make a text guide explaining what you will need to do in order to get the platinum fast.

 

Only other thing I can say is that just in case anyone is suspicious about fast completion times or out of order trophies, this is all likely possible with the debug menu, which is similar to that in Jak 2 and Jak 3, which means no one should get banned purely for using this since it's still within the bounds of the game. Maybe Sony will actually start taking notice on these remasters going forward. One can hope.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, so after platting the game, I can confirm it is literally as easy as it sounds. All of this can be done within the bounds of the game that Sony has given to you, so there should be no issues here.

 

Then I went way further than I should have and made a detailed guide to show literally how easy it is to get all of the trophies through this method, which I posted in this Google Docs file

 

Patapon 2 Remastered - Debug Mode Trophy Guide

 

This should be verifiable evidence that this is all possible, and can take the game from a 4/10 - 30 hours, to a 2/10 - 5 hours at most.

 

I put quite a bit of testing in to get this working, and if you follow the guide to the letter, you should be fine. But I'm sure I've made some minor mistakes in there, so feel free to reply to this or comment on the document.

 

That's all, I'm done with this game for now, and by God do I need some sleep.

 

Have fun

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BloodyRutz
I'm so sorry people aren't playing the fun little video game in the way you want them to. We will now all band together to make sure our fun is in line with your own personal expectations. Thank you for sharing your feelings with the group.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BizarreAsh said:

@BloodyRutz
I'm so sorry people aren't playing the fun little video game in the way you want them to. We will now all band together to make sure our fun is in line with your own personal expectations. Thank you for sharing your feelings with the group.

 

Sorry, I don't really understand the reply. I'm not telling anybody how to play the game. I personally won't be playing it. I just replied, because the guy politely said his opinion and people were rough on him for no reason. Telling him to grow up and stuff like that. But judging by your reply, I guess you just want to start something I don't mean to, so save us both the time.

.

.

Edited by BloodyRutz
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Sorry, I don't really understand the reply. I'm not telling anybody how to play the game. I personally won't be playing it. I just replied, because the guy politely said his opinion and people were rough on him for no reason. Telling him to grow up and stuff like that. But judging by your reply, I guess you just want to start something I don't mean to, so save us both the time.

Then I apologise if that was your intention. You just seemed quite upset that his own style of trophy hunting wasn't up to your standard in your first post. I don't agree with the tone of his reply but I do agree that people should enjoy video games the way they want to and not be shamed if it is different from someone elses.

 

It was not my intention to start anything but I do understand how my reply could have come off as such so I apologise for that as well.

Edited by BizarreAsh
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BizarreAsh said:

Then I apologise if that was your intention. You just seemed quite upset that his own style of trophy hunting wasn't up to your standard in your first post. I don't agree with the tone of his reply but I do agree that people should enjoy video games the way they want to and not be shamed if it is different from someone elses.

 

No offense taken. For me getting the Platinum is added challenge or a way to fully explore the game. I don't really do trophy hunting for leader boards, profile Level or stuff like that. Personally using these debug modes would not be enjoyable for me and I feel the Platinum is worthless because of this, but I would not tell others how to play the game.

.

.

Edited by BloodyRutz
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BloodyRutz said:

For me getting the Platinum is added challenge or a way to fully explore the game. I don't really do trophy hunting for leader boards or stuff like that. Personally using these debug modes would not be enjoyable for me and I feel the Platinum is worthless because of this, but I would not tell others how to play the game.

That's a fun way to play and something I do myself! Sometimes I sprinkle in added challenges to do with my own stats on this site. Like last year I noticed I was close to both 200 plats and 10000 trophies so I planned out a bunch of easy plats and trophy lists so I could make Kingdom Hearts 3 both my 200th plat and 10000th trophy.

 

I'm not the biggest fan of using debug menus for games I know I want to enjoy for as long as possible but I do also enjoy breaking a game I know I wouldn't otherwise play without such options. I guess it is sort of the same feeling of putting in a bunch of silly cheats in a GTA game and just messing around for a while before you get back to whatever you were doing before.

 

If you were planning on checking out this game until you found out about the debug menu you could try the first remaster. It's essentially the same thing but with a few less features and doesn't have a debug menu :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:
This made me cringe so hard. First of all - speak for yourself. Second, this is what you call trophy hunting? You literally don't have a single trophy that requires any kind of effort. No suprise here that, you would like to cut down time to have another worthless trophy in you collection, just to see the number growing.

Hahahaha, honesty mate gtfo here. 

First of all, a lot of people will use this, so don't come out here saying "this isn't trophy hunting" because it doesn't line up with how YOU personally hunt, each to their own. It would be a boring place if we were all the same.

Secondly, you say that you're not telling people how to enjoy their gaming yet you attack this poor fella for wanting to enjoy it his way? Sounds a bit hypocritical to me. Plus you don't need to white knight every person who gets told to "grow up" on the forums, most people aren't snowflakes.

On 2/1/2020 at 6:59 AM, BizarreAsh said:

*snip*

Thank you for sharing this. Have never looked at getting the patapon games but I might just get this one :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 1:26 PM, BizarreAsh said:

That's a fun way to play and something I do myself! Sometimes I sprinkle in added challenges to do with my own stats on this site. Like last year I noticed I was close to both 200 plats and 10000 trophies so I planned out a bunch of easy plats and trophy lists so I could make Kingdom Hearts 3 both my 200th plat and 10000th trophy.

 

I'm not the biggest fan of using debug menus for games I know I want to enjoy for as long as possible but I do also enjoy breaking a game I know I wouldn't otherwise play without such options. I guess it is sort of the same feeling of putting in a bunch of silly cheats in a GTA game and just messing around for a while before you get back to whatever you were doing before.

 

If you were planning on checking out this game until you found out about the debug menu you could try the first remaster. It's essentially the same thing but with a few less features and doesn't have a debug menu :D

 

I also sometimes do this, I planned Sekiro to be my 50th Platinum. I use this site mainly for statistics like this and checking other people profiles for what they are playing. Also, I'm not saying easy Platinum means shit game. For example GRIS, Arise: Simple Story and many other interesting indies. I actually played Patapon on PSP a few years ago. Still remember the music, I quite liked it. I plan to concentrate on other games now. But still, thank you for recommending me the first remaster.

 

On 2/2/2020 at 1:30 PM, Nitro said:

Hahahaha, honesty mate gtfo here. 

First of all, a lot of people will use this, so don't come out here saying "this isn't trophy hunting" because it doesn't line up with how YOU personally hunt, each to their own. It would be a boring place if we were all the same.

Secondly, you say that you're not telling people how to enjoy their gaming yet you attack this poor fella for wanting to enjoy it his way? Sounds a bit hypocritical to me. Plus you don't need to white knight every person who gets told to "grow up" on the forums, most people aren't snowflakes.

Thank you for sharing this. Have never looked at getting the patapon games but I might just get this one :)

 

Like I stated in my other previous reply. I mainly use this site for statistics and checking other people's profiles for what they are playing. I attacked the poor fella mainly for the reasons I already stated, but now since you told me I don't have to be white knight for every person here, I will avoid doing that in future. In the end, my response led to interesting chat with OP.

.

.

Edited by BloodyRutz
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

I also sometimes do this, I planned Sekiro to be my 50th Platinum. I used this site mainly for statistics like this and checking other people profiles for what they are playing. Also, I'm not saying easy Platinum means shit game. For example GRIS, Arise and many other interesting indies. I actually played Patapon on PSP a few years ago. Still remember the music, I quite liked it. But I plan to concentrate on other games now. But still, thank you for recommending me the first remaster.

Sekiro has been on my to play list for a while now! Maybe after I finish Death Stranding and Patapon 2 :D

So many of the games I played just for their easy plat ended up being fun in some way but some go beyond and become some of my favourite games of the generation. Cat quest 1 and 2 are absolutely wonderful short experiences if you like the genre and as many cat puns as you can imagine :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BizarreAsh said:

Sekiro has been on my to play list for a while now! Maybe after I finish Death Stranding and Patapon 2 :D

So many of the games I played just for their easy plat ended up being fun in some way but some go beyond and become some of my favourite games of the generation. Cat quest 1 and 2 are absolutely wonderful short experiences if you like the genre and as many cat puns as you can imagine :P

 

I was about to check Cat Quest with my girlfriend, but she is busy with Nintendo Switch, which she bought recently. So, I guess it is on my playlist 😀 Heard a lot of good things about it. I don't want to derail this thread much with being off-topic, but I can definitely recommend Sekiro. Sekiro, DMC 5 and Death Stranding are my personal TOP 3 2019 games.

.

.

Edited by BloodyRutz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.