Debug Mode

BizarreAsh

20 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Thank you for sharing this. Have never looked at getting the patapon games but I might just get this one :)

I am beyond happy to help these silly little games get even the smallest bit more attention :D

2 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

I was about to check Cat Quest with my girlfriend, but she is busy with Nintendo Switch, which she bought recently. So yeah, I guess it is on my playlist 1f600.png Heard a lot of good things about it. I don't want to derail this thread much with being off-topic, but I can definitely recommend Sekiro. Sekiro, DMC 5 and Death Stranding are my personal TOP 3 2019 games.

I honestly forgot this was a patapon thread and just got carried away talking about whatever :P

For those that want a quick relatively easy plat you should absolutely check out the guide wltrsjcwvita wrote on the first page. For everyone else, enjoy playing this wonderful little game in whatever way gives you the most fun :D

5 hours ago, charxsetsuna said:

If they didnt want people using the debug mode they wouldn't have kept it in.

Honestly, that's the thing that still confuses me here. This games debug mode has been known at least as early as 2013 (according to the Patapon wiki) and yet 7 years later it still makes it into the remaster. Worst part is this isn't the first time this has happened.

Either someone at Sony is so dedicated to keeping old games exactly the same that it just had to make it in, or they're that incompetent that somehow this went completely under the radar.

Should be pretty obvious which one I'm going with.

Also, shaming people for their trophies is the dumbest kind of gatekeeping there is around here. That's all I have to say on that.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CLE_Regret said:

Fun fact. The debug mode has been removed after v1.02.  It slapped the face who said if sony don't want people use the debug mode they wouldn't have kept it.

Fuckin yikes. It took them over a year to fix LocoRoco 2 Remastered, but clearly this must have been a top priority for them to get rid of it in under a week.

I'll update the guide, since I know you can roll back updates for PS4, if anyone finds the IDs for v1.00 or v1.01, let me know.

12 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

Just so you know I was behind BOTH fixes. LocoRoco 2 Remastered was fixed thanks to me talking directly to the producer when I got to the buggy LocoRhythm trophy, and this one was fixed because I talked to the producer again (who is the same guy, he's behind all 4 PSP remasters so far), considering it really pissed me off seeing all y'all not putting in the slightest effort to get this week-long platinum. You're welcome lmao

congrats on causing less people to buy the game?

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

Just so you know I was behind BOTH fixes. LocoRoco 2 Remastered was fixed thanks to me talking directly to the producer when I got to the buggy LocoRhythm trophy, and this one was fixed because I talked to the producer again (who is the same guy, he's behind all 4 PSP remasters so far), considering it really pissed me off seeing all y'all not putting in the slightest effort to get this week-long platinum. You're welcome lmao

Since the games were released with the debug menu and patched later, anyone can roll back the patches and still use the debug menu. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Since the games were released with the debug menu and patched later, anyone can roll back the patches and still use the debug menu. 

That's fine. I'm satisfied with them knowing they are indeed cheating because the debug menu wasn't intended to be in the game.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

Doubt that will happen, not everybody buys games for trophies.

Not everybody, but there are a lot who do buy games based purely on its easy platinum. 

There are many games I've bought for the easy platinum. Wait for them to be disgustingly cheap in a sale, and grab it. A game I'm not interested in, could get my money for an easy platinum (and experience a new game). But without the easy plat, it won't.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I know other people have managed to do this but i tried rolling back the patched on the binding of isaac using both methods multiple times and it always either just downloaded the newest version or gave me an error and refused to download. for someone who isnt particularly tech savvy the patch roll back thing is pretty complicated

2 minutes ago, Mekablade said:

I know other people have managed to do this but i tried rolling back the patched on the binding of isaac using both methods multiple times and it always either just downloaded the newest version or gave me an error and refused to download. for someone who isnt particularly tech savvy the patch roll back thing is pretty complicated

Why not just get the physical copy and not install the updates mate? Although this may not be feasible for everyone

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

That’s cool. We still won’t call it cheating here.

You can do that, sure

52 minutes ago, WhiteMonkey88 said:

Not everybody, but there are a lot who do buy games based purely on its easy platinum. 

There are many games I've bought for the easy platinum. Wait for them to be disgustingly cheap in a sale, and grab it. A game I'm not interested in, could get my money for an easy platinum (and experience a new game). But without the easy plat, it won't.

I really, really doubt those sales will make or break this game. It's just a basic remaster of a 10 year old PSP game. People will buy it for nostalgia and not much more than that (like I did).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

I really, really doubt those sales will make or break this game. It's just a basic remaster of a 10 year old PSP game. People will buy it for nostalgia and not much more than that (like I did).

No, it won't make or break the game. But it will be more sales than you think that won't happen. You think games like My Name is Mayo, or A Winter's Daydream would sell without the easy trophies? Sure, this has more gameplay than those, but there are those people who will buy it based off the trophies. Having never played the original game, so no nostalgic buying. You're kidding yourself if you think that's all people are buying the game for.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, WhiteMonkey88 said:

No, it won't make or break the game. But it will be more sales than you think that won't happen. You think games like My Name is Mayo, or A Winter's Daydream would sell without the easy trophies? Sure, this has more gameplay than those, but there are those people who will buy it based off the trophies. Having never played the original game, so no nostalgic buying. You're kidding yourself if you think that's all people are buying the game for.

If you think THIS is the kind of game people go to for trophies you're the one who's kidding himself. Not to mention the first game has some 11.000 owners on this place alone WITHOUT easy trophies, so I think this one will do JUST FINE.

59 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

If you think THIS is the kind of game people go to for trophies you're the one who's kidding himself. Not to mention the first game has some 11.000 owners on this place alone WITHOUT easy trophies, so I think this one will do JUST FINE.

A whole 11,000 owners? The studio must be thrilled.

Sorry, I didn't realise such a small amount of people would own the game with all it's nostalgic value. Imagine if it had an easy platinum, that number would probably be up at 50,000 "on this place alone"

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WhiteMonkey88 said:

Sorry, I didn't realise such a small amount of people would own the game with all it's nostalgic value. Imagine if it had an easy platinum, that number would probably be up at 50,000 "on this place alone"

The mass majority of people don’t buy games because they have easy trophies that’s the last thing that should make you want to buy a game.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

The mass majority of people don’t buy games because they have easy trophies that’s the last thing that should make you want to buy a game.

No, the majority don't, and shouldn't,  I agree with that.  But the easy trophies do attract a whole new crowd of players who would not buy the game otherwise. You think Mayo would have 100,000 owners here if it was a long, hard platinum? 

I'm not saying this game will only sell with an easy trophy list, but it will have a lot more users HERE buying it with an easy trophy list. And I don't see why the debug mode is such a big problem. No one has to use it. It's not required to get the platinum if people want to earn it properly. It doesn't affect anyone's playing experience if other people use it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WhiteMonkey88 said:

No, the majority don't, and shouldn't,  I agree with that.  But the easy trophies do attract a whole new crowd of players who would not buy the game otherwise. You think Mayo would have 100,000 owners here if it was a long, hard platinum? 

I'm not saying this game will only sell with an easy trophy list, but it will have a lot more users HERE buying it with an easy trophy list. And I don't see why the debug mode is such a big problem. No one has to use it. It's not required to get the platinum if people want to earn it properly. It doesn't affect anyone's playing experience if other people use it.

Not every game needs to be piss easy or just given to you for clicking a button either. People should try branching out more so their profiles don’t have so much shovelware on them. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, WhiteMonkey88 said:

11.000+ owners HERE. Which means the game grossed somewhere between $55,000 and $165,000 based on price trackers. And I wanna say this again, this is just HERE. I'm sure that amount alone is enough to justify development of a game this simple, and this was confirmed by us getting a remaster for the sequel to that game.
And on that 50,000 you're being WAY unrealistic. There are tons of easier games that don't require the minimal effort the debug version of the game does AND give you more trophies. Ain't nobody picking this one for easy trophies. Just accept that this one isn't gonna be a shit platinum awarded to you for being able to input a code and cheat, get it legitimately like everybody else, and move on.

• Like 2