Master and Commander trophy without online ?

AKATSUKIDEVIL91

Hey guys, i've just got the Defender trophy by playing online.

I didn't start the story mode yet and i wanted to know if the Master and Commander trophy is obtainable by just playing offline or if it really requires to play online in order to obtain it.

I've seen people on some forums complaining about this trophy supposedly being "glitchy." (apparently, the Extended Cut DLC fixes that glitch and makes the trophy obtainable)

Since i'm currently focusing on online trophies, i just want to make sure if this trophy is fully obtainable offline or if i should start the campaign now as the servers are still alive.

• 2 weeks later...

As I understand it, what the Extended Cut mainly does is lower the threshold of war assets that are required in order to get all the ending options (and thus to also unlock this trophy) from 4K to 3100. It's pretty difficult to obtain 4K war assets with just the base game. Your problem may also be that just having a base of 4k / 3100 war assets does not cut it. The trophy goes off your EFFECTIVE war assets. If your overall readiness rating is not 100% in all regions, then you don't get the full value of your war assets. All regions start at 50% so at that level of readiness your war asset value is effectively cut in half.

There is a mini-game you can play on an EA website http://n7hq.masseffect.com/ which makes upping your readiness rating easy, if that ever goes offline/stops syncing it will make getting the plat for this much harder.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Master and Commander can be triggered offline however on near perfect playthrough you can get 7000-7200 war asset WITH DLCs. As you can see with Extended Cut you will exceed 3100 because of that 50% multipler by default. But if you don't have any dlc you will need a boost from online portion of the game. Personally I don't think Master and Commander is effected by extended cut. EC only lowers required number of war assets for all 3 endings and adds 1 more ending (that ending glitches the difficulty trophies) Good news; get Defender trophy with that mini game it only takes near 2 days to max out and do not ever sign in to psn and EA servers ever again. Multiplier will stay at 100% and before the end of the game you will get Master and Commander.

Edited by johncnstntn__
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, johncnstntn__ said:

Master and Commander can be triggered offline however on near perfect playthrough you can get 7000-7200 war asset WITH DLCs. As you can see with Extended Cut you will exceed 3100 because of that 50% multipler by default. But if you don't have any dlc you will need a boost from online portion of the game. Personally I don't think Master and Commander is effected by extended cut. EC only lowers required number of war assets for all 3 endings and adds 1 more ending (that ending glitches the difficulty trophies) Good news; get Defender trophy with that mini game it only takes near 2 days to max out and do not ever sign in to psn and EA servers ever again. Multiplier will stay at 100% and before the end of the game you will get Master and Commander.

Damn online trophies, I'll start from 3, thanks for answering.

Just now, NicholasMondiale said:

Damn online trophies, I'll start from 3, thanks for answering.

Near perfect playthrough includes exporting the same character from ME1 and ME2, choosing the best options etc. Starting from 3 doesn't make any sense imo besides you'll miss this awesome journey if you haven't played any of them before. I started playing played that mini-game while doing ME2 and when I start ME3 Defender trophy was ready then I never let the game pull data from EA servers that's it. Good luck.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, johncnstntn__ said:

It does, I did not yet have 4K effective war assets when the trophy triggered for me around 3,100 back in Dec of 2019. I was very surprised so I looked up in some of the other achievement guides and wikis, and they mention this change.

---

All of the available ME1 DLC is included, one of the DLC they lost the source code so the mission could not be included.

All of the ME2 story DLC is included except The Arrival (and honestly it isn't that good and is not worth $7). You will have to download the free Cerberus pack from the store which was originally a code that came with the launch version of the game and cost $10.

All of the ME3 multiplayer DLC is free, and the extended cut is a free, but all the story DLC costs. If you bought the CE version of ME3 physical then you should have a code for From Ashes in the box that hopefully isn't expired. From Ashes is DLC you are going to want to have at the beginning of the game as it unlocks a squad member that you can have conversations with throughout the campaign. Citadel and Leviathan are also good, Omega is just ok,

There have been heavy rumors of a ME trilogy remastered edition with a rebuilt ME1, so you might as well wait one more month to start the game and see if it is formally announced on N7 day in November.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1