How I got glitchy trophies unlocked

• 2 years later...
On 01/02/2020 at 7:28 PM, SlowQuorex said:

We all know there are plenty of wrongs with Splinter Cell HD trophies. So here is the method which may help you to unlock glitched trophies such as Stealth Operative, Passive Aggression, Immune and Urban Legend. It worked for me and other people so there are high chances of working for you too.

I finished my first playthrough while meeting all the requriments but still got no shit. Then I started new game, and it's important that I did this by "new game" button which appears only when I've got my saves in game (it would be "start game" button otherwise which doesn't work for trophies). Completed the game using only manual saves (not sure if this is mandatory), never using XMB in mid-game (not sure about this too but better be safe than sorry), and always using "load game" button instead of "resume game" when I launched the game. When game was completed I got every one of those trophies despite the fact that I've never backed up my save files and just reloaded previous save in case I messed up (yep, I triggered alarms and just reloaded).

To sum up:
- beat the game
- do not delete your save files and start new game by "new game" (not "start game") button

- never use "resume game" button when you start the game (load manually instead)
- never use XMB in game just to be sure (I only used menu which appears when you hold PS button in main menu of the game to close the game)
- you may restrict yourself of quick saves and quick loads just to be sure

I hope this will help somebody.

I can 100% confirm this works, I completed the game 3 times and before each attempt I deleted my save file from the XMB and to no avail. I tried the 'New game' feature in the menu and upon completing the campaign I unlocked the last 3 big trophies. If you're having trouble popping the Plat then give this method a try all while maintaining a clean save (No alarms, no more than 3 kills per level and no medkits) and it should work. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1.2.2020 at 8:28 PM, SlowQuorex said:

We all know there are plenty of wrongs with Splinter Cell HD trophies. So here is the method which may help you to unlock glitched trophies such as Stealth Operative, Passive Aggression, Immune and Urban Legend. It worked for me and other people so there are high chances of working for you too.

I finished my first playthrough while meeting all the requriments but still got no shit. Then I started new game, and it's important that I did this by "new game" button which appears only when I've got my saves in game (it would be "start game" button otherwise which doesn't work for trophies). Completed the game using only manual saves (not sure if this is mandatory), never using XMB in mid-game (not sure about this too but better be safe than sorry), and always using "load game" button instead of "resume game" when I launched the game. When game was completed I got every one of those trophies despite the fact that I've never backed up my save files and just reloaded previous save in case I messed up (yep, I triggered alarms and just reloaded).

To sum up:
- beat the game
- do not delete your save files and start new game by "new game" (not "start game") button

- never use "resume game" button when you start the game (load manually instead)
- never use XMB in game just to be sure (I only used menu which appears when you hold PS button in main menu of the game to close the game)
- you may restrict yourself of quick saves and quick loads just to be sure

I hope this will help somebody.

Didn't work for me. New game on a fresh and clean save file on normal difficulty, playing the digital version on 1.01. Always used manual save and waited for 5-10 seconds after saving before moving on in the game. Never used quicksave or quickload, only used manual loading.

Never raised an alarm, never used a medikit, never used a savefile where I died or got spotted before and only killed Nikoladze and the troops of Grinko in the slaughterhouse level, never was there an enemy body found by any guards...  still none of the relevant trophies popped for me... 

What else could I do to finally get the plat in this bugfestival of a game? I'm tired of replaying it over and over.

Is it true the game has to be beaten on hard to get the gold trophies?

Edited by Solid-Fisch

2 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Very sorry to hear that you're facing such a strong case of glitching. Unfortunately, I don't possess info on any other method that could work, except the one I described. 

But at least I can say that playing on Hard definitely wasn't necessary for the trophies to be unlocked in my case. They popped on my Normal playthrough which was my second one.

15 hours ago, SlowQuorex said:

Very sorry to hear that you're facing such a strong case of glitching. Unfortunately, I don't possess info on any other method that could work, except the one I described. 

But at least I can say that playing on Hard definitely wasn't necessary for the trophies to be unlocked in my case. They popped on my Normal playthrough which was my second one.

The most annoying part is that nobody can give a 100% clear answer in how to avoid these bugs. I've read three guides before even trying those trophies and acted exactly as they told. If only I knew what I did wrong then at least I'd a clue of what to do next time. I mean for the passive aggressive trophy, where you're only allowed to kill three guys per level, I'd understand that I killed too many in the slaughterhouse. McJacs2 guide (https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1549-tom-clancys-splinter-cell-trophy-guide#6-passive-aggression) says it's no problem. Anyways what wonders me the most is the fact that also the immune trophy for never using a medikit didn't pop. I never used a medikit at all neither did I pick one up. So at least this trophy had to pop, but didn't. I believe this is for the same buggy reason that goes for the other ones too.

I tried the following: loading up the last savefile on psn+ cloud, deleting the gaming, reinstalled and denied the 1.01 patch. Loaded the save and finished it again. It didn't work.

So, just curious, @SlowQuorex you got them all on your second playthrough. Did you start your second playthrough by using the third option in the main menu, it should say "try again" or something like that. Also did you play the digital or the disk version of the game? Did you only use quick save/load or only manual save/load? 

1 hour ago, Solid-Fisch said:

1. I started my second playthrough with “New Game” button which must be the second button, with “Start Game” being the first. 
2. Digital version. I think I didn’t delete any updates and played the latest version. 
3. Used manual save/load only. 

• 2 months later...

Hello! First of all I would like to thank SlowQuorex for his tips on getting the 4 glitched trophies. I was one of those people who got the glitched trophies on my first playthrough and I would like others to know what I experienced as well to help you guys get the glitched trophies. 

So I played the game on normal on a PS3 slim but with a changed HDD card because mine broke a few years back. I did my run without knowing anything about any glitched trophies while watching stealth guides on youtube. So I didnt get the glitched trophies and I read guides and comments on other sites. One said to play on a PS3 with an original HDD so you can pop the trophies. I had another PS3 with the original HDD so I downloaded the US digital version with the current patch installed and played the game.

First day played fresh, did not use my old save on the other ps3, did the first three stages while not going to XMB screen in game to look at trophies and friends. If I were to go to XMB to quit the game, I did so after finishing the stage then on the next stage after autosaving, I saved manually then quit game to main menu then hold the PS button for 3-5 seconds then chose quit the game. I only did one save file, never quicksaved nor quickloaded to be safe. I also made sure that when I save I wait for the blinking light to stop then move my character in game. I also reloaded my game even if there was an alarm or a death scene.

Same thing the next day did maybe two stages still following what SlowQuorex said then on the final day I did the remaining stages with the exception of the final stage. I was also saving my progress on the PS Cloud everytime when I was done playing. So now I wanted to test and see if I can get the trophy on my other PS3 which had the SSD card on it. Loaded my cloud save then played the game and lucky enough I got 3/4 of the trophies but because I killed some officers on the first part of the last stage I couldnt get the No 3 kills trophy. After this post ill sleep then try to get the remaining trophy done.

TLDR:

1. Played the game fresh on a PS3 that has the base HDD on it then saved the game on PS Cloud to avoid glitches. Then loaded the PS Cloud save, played on the other PS3 with the SSD card on it to test and see if I can get the trophies and I got them all except the dont kill more than 3 trophy. Im pretty sure the other PS3 with the HDD save can get the trophies as well

2. US digital version with the current patch installed

3. I quit the game on the start of the next stage after autosaving then saving again then quiting to main menu then holding PS button for 3-5 seconds then choosing quit the game.

4. Only used one save file

5. Never quicksaved nor quickreloaded

6. When saving I wait for the blinking light to stop then move my character after that

7. Reloaded my game even after alarms went off or when I died.

8. Normal Playthrough

Again thanks to SlowQuorex for the wonderful tips. Hope this will help others who couldnt get their trophies.

Edited by ChocoDoc1
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...

This is an absolutely invaluable thread for anyone thinking of starting this game, extremely helpful tips. @SlowQuorex @ChocoDoc1 For reference I played the digital version of this game, version 1.01.

I'd still recommend going through the tedium of everything above on your first Hard run (even though chances are you'll get none of the trophies) as it'll serve as fantastic preparation for you normal run that should hopefully pop all of the troublesome trophies. I'd also recommend jumping straight into your second playthrough while the game is still fresh in your head.

I mainly used Centerstain's videos as a guide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yna-cI9Itg&list=PL3F871E84702EBA17&index=1 

I did also delve into two other guides available on YouTube for some of the trickier parts just to see all of the alternative options - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCdZCVSxXS0&list=PLclV_WBUKZTkTweCeVIKZmtehiDpENfW2&index=1 

and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y09-9Wa8P4E&list=PLdeeW1xZ0DlOzNUiyN8f7V_Mcv6MDYm7t&index=1

I'd also highly recommend viewing the opening post of the following thread and applying his strategies to your own run to minimise the risk of enemies dying despite only KO'ing them - https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/115241-read-this-before-going-for-quotpassive-aggressionquot/

The only section where I was worried about an alarm going off after completing it was the freezer section in mission 7, so I didn't save at all from the beginning of that section until I reached the loading screen - I'd recommend doing the same for peace of mind.

The trophy for completing the game on normal was the only one that didn't pop, imagine my disbelief!! But I decided to load up my save once more and beat the final section and voila.. the trophy popped! So if you find yourself in the same boat don't be too disheartened, hopefully this'll help someone at least.

Finally all I can say is best of luck to anyone going for this, it truly is an extremely tedious and tiring way of playing a game but it does work.

Edited by GraniteSnake
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

This is an absolutely invaluable thread for anyone thinking of starting this game, extremely helpful tips. @SlowQuorex @ChocoDoc1 For reference I played the digital version of this game, version 1.01.

I'd still recommend going through the tedium of everything above on your first Hard run (even though chances are you'll get none of the trophies) as it'll serve as fantastic preparation for you normal run that should hopefully pop all of the troublesome trophies. I'd also recommend jumping straight into your second playthrough while the game is still fresh in your head.

I mainly used Centerstain's videos as a guide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yna-cI9Itg&list=PL3F871E84702EBA17&index=1 

I did also delve into two other guides available on YouTube for some of the trickier parts just to see all of the alternative options - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCdZCVSxXS0&list=PLclV_WBUKZTkTweCeVIKZmtehiDpENfW2&index=1 

and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y09-9Wa8P4E&list=PLdeeW1xZ0DlOzNUiyN8f7V_Mcv6MDYm7t&index=1

I'd also highly recommend viewing the opening post of the following thread and applying his strategies to your own run to minimise the risk of enemies dying despite only KO'ing them - https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/115241-read-this-before-going-for-quotpassive-aggressionquot/

The only section where I was worried about an alarm going off after completing it was the freezer section in mission 7, so I didn't save at all from the beginning of that section until I reached the loading screen - I'd recommend doing the same for peace of mind.

The trophy for completing the game on normal was the only one that didn't pop, imagine my disbelief!! But I decided to load up my save once more and beat the final section and voila.. the trophy popped! So if you find yourself in the same boat don't be too disheartened, hopefully this'll help someone at least.

Finally all I can say is best of luck to anyone going for this, it truly is an extremely tedious and tiring way of playing a game but it does work.

Hey Granite Snake, going for this myself at the moment! Appreciate the resources you've shared.

Say, in mission 6, they all seem to alert guards at the end. Were you able to sneak past without the music speeding up / alerting.
Seems like no matter what I do, they are on to me. Center mentions it's a scripted event. Did this invalidate the trophies for you?

1 hour ago, CharlesB753 said:

Hey Granite Snake, going for this myself at the moment! Appreciate the resources you've shared.

Say, in mission 6, they all seem to alert guards at the end. Were you able to sneak past without the music speeding up / alerting.
Seems like no matter what I do, they are on to me. Center mentions it's a scripted event. Did this invalidate the trophies for you?

No problem, best of luck with it. The background music speeding up doesn’t actually signify an alert so you don’t need to worry. The alert noise that invalidates ‘Stealth Operative’ is this one - https://youtu.be/MV5fOu1vvLA?si=8S_WpZsKsUMN_WfN

And the alarm system and what can trigger it is detailed here so have a read through it so you’re more familiar and understand how it can occur 👍https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/996-tom-clancys-splinter-cell/2-stealth-operative

Let me know if you need help with anything else 👍