Missing dlc characters

A_J_P72

What should I do? I have the season pass, and I have bought all the characters, it isn’t giving me a download option, on the app or in the store. Every time I try to open the store in game it says the content can not be viewed. I have restored my licenses, nothing. I have deleted and reinstalled the game, nothing. Is there anything I can do? Any help is appreciated 

• Like 1

I will submit the ticket, but I think I found the issue. My dlcs are not with my physical copy in my library, they instead made a new soulcalibur 6 in my purchased games connected to the digital version, so I’d need to buy the digital version to get the dlcs. If there’s any other solution that’d be great but that’s the only idea I have right now.

Have you guys tried going to the store website using the browser? When I say browser I mean from Safari, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. From there select the character dlc and see if there isn’t a download to ps4 option. 

Edited by BestUsername----

Usually all that's needed is to go to the game app on ps4, on the "store" tab the first thing should be "download content purchased" or something, in that place you can see what is installed or not, and can download anything not yet installed. 

This usually works for all dlc content (specially when re-downloading stuff). 

I have gone onto the website, it and the app won’t let me download the content because it thinks I don’t have the game. And any time I try to go into the store from the game itself it errors out and says content can not be viewed, as I said before it will not install because I don’t have the digital version in which the dlcs are connected to, for some reason

Edited by A_J_P72

6 minutes ago, A_J_P72 said:

I have gone onto the website, it and the app won’t let me download the content because it thinks I don’t have the game. And any time I try to go into the store from the game itself it errors out and says content can not be viewed, as I said before it will not install because I don’t have the digital version in which the dlcs are connected to, for some reason

Did you buy the game from a different region? Another option is to try and see if restoring licences works.

Edited by BestUsername----

1 hour ago, A_J_P72 said:

DLC is the same regardless of whether you have a physical or digital version of the game. Go look in the web store (https://store.playstation.com). There's only one entry for each DLC for SoulCalibur VI.

And you can't manually download DLC for SoulCalibur VI. Unlike most other games, DLC is distributed to everyone via game patches rather than being a separate download. Version 2.0 from November contained the season pass 2 content, including Hilde. Patching the game gives you the content, whether it can be used or not. Buying the DLC just unlocks it for use.

There is one thing I can think of that will cause what you are experiencing. Games are region free, but DLC is not. Your account is a USA account. If the disc you've got is from a different region (Europe, Australia, etc), then you can't use DLC purchased with your account because all DLC is region locked. That would also explain why you can't access the store in game, and get a message that the content can't be viewed every time you try. A USA account can't view content from another region's store.

1 hour ago, Alindawyl said:

DLC is the same regardless of whether you have a physical or digital version of the game. Go look in the web store (https://store.playstation.com). There's only one entry for each DLC for SoulCalibur VI.

And you can't manually download DLC for SoulCalibur VI. Unlike most other games, DLC is distributed to everyone via game patches rather than being a separate download. Version 2.0 from November contained the season pass 2 content, including Hilde. Patching the game gives you the content, whether it can be used or not. Buying the DLC just unlocks it for use.

There is one thing I can think of that will cause what you are experiencing. Games are region free, but DLC is not. Your account is a USA account. If the disc you've got is from a different region (Europe, Australia, etc), then you can't use DLC purchased with your account because all DLC is region locked. That would also explain why you can't access the store in game, and get a message that the content can't be viewed every time you try. A USA account can't view content from another region's store.

Never thought about that, that’s a strange way to do it. I appreciate the response, first time anyone has mentioned that. Well there’s your answer for anyone else that is experiencing issues.

• 6 months later...