Bodyodorthegrave69

Why is the Plat an Ultra Rare ?

4 posts in this topic

Trophy guide on this site says it's a 3/10 difficulty, 80 hours.

How can the platinum have 2.51% rarity?

Are the trophies bugged?

People who have the plat, can you please share your opinions about the game.

Thanks!

Edited by Bodyodorthegrave69

Plat isn't too difficult, but takes a good chunk of time and has several things that need to be kept in mind throughout various stages of the game. There is also a luck-based trophy, (The Storied Adventurer). If you don't constantly micro-manage the adventures and pay attention you'll miss it entirely, requiring you to get through a fair bit of the game again. If you have bad luck, you may not get some of the required adventures at all

There are also some technical problems. The game may crash every once in a while, and has plenty and fairly long loading screens, There are two bugs in the game that I noticed, none are trophy-related though.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Snip

Thanks for your detailed reply and grats on your plat.

I am going to keep this game on my radar. Looks interesting.

On 02/02/2020 at 3:48 AM, Bodyodorthegrave69 said:

Trophy guide on this site says it's a 3/10 difficulty, 80 hours.

How can the platinum have 2.51% rarity?

Are the trophies bugged?

People who have the plat, can you please share your opinions about the game.

Thanks!

It requires a bit of time and patience mainly because the loading times between areas can be really long (something which is the same on the sequel i'm currently playing) - you will basically need a good chunk of podcasts, books or things to do with loading screen time. It also needs two playthroughs, one of which would be a full 'do everything' playthrough, and the other would be a faster stealth based run as you can only kill a tiny amount of enemies. The low-kill playthrough also requires you to be very specific with your character build and choices to avoid as much conflict and flee from enemies as much as possible. There are some good guides around for that though so it's doable.

The other thing is what was mentioned by @voodoo_eyes above around the RNG based missable trophy 'The Storied Adventurer', but that is only really an issue if you don't pay attention to it from the moment you get access to that particular gameplay loop. By paying attention, i basically mean checking the menu for it every time you complete a quest and gain XP. It's not as tedious as it sounds once you get into the habit of it :) Also, you can technically miss out on this one if you don't complete the lower level keep adventures before you increase your keep level past a certain point - this PSNP Guide is a really important one to read before tackling it. If you go too high in keep level before getting the lower level adventures you have to mess about trying to de-level your keep to get them. I'd argue that this trophy is the make-or-break for whether you get the plat or not.

There is one trophy called 'Explorer' which means you need to enter every map in the game excluding the bundled in DLC content which can be a pain if you don't make a point of entering every building and cave you can as you progress. But it's also an incorrect trophy description as it does actually include all the locations in the DLC content too, even though it says it doesn't.

Even though difficulty doesn't affect trophies and you can play on any difficulty, there are some encounters which are difficult, even on the easiest modes - mainly the big dragon fights related to the 'Terror of the Dragonmarch', 'Among the Moss & Peat' and 'From the clouds to the depths' etc. 

Edited by Crispy_Oglop