Ronin893

$ Deluxe dlc price hike

13 posts in this topic

The price was$24.99 Canadian for the longest time. I had it in my wish list so I  could keep an eye on it but I just noticed the price is now $33.49... what the hell. The game is almost 7 years old and the price went up.

Anybody else notice this?

I hadn’t, but I’m assuming the reason is Need For Speed Heat recently came out, and if anyone is feeling nostalgic or wanting to revisit early installments of the franchise they’re gonna exploit that by bumping up the price. Happened with the first two Bio Shock’s when Bio Shock Infinite came out. I’d say after a few weeks it’ll return to normal 

Recently Sony made some "adjusts" in psn prices around the world, related to exchange rates. Maybe that is the case.

Edited by KondeBra

When Sony implemented the exchange rate crap they told devs that they didn't have to adopt the exchange rate on old stuff, unless they have to someday replace it or upgrade it on the store. 

If their license to have it on the store expired and needed to be re upd, they could've been forced into the exchange rate change. 

Who knows if that's what happened but it's a good guesstimate lol.

16 minutes ago, KondeBra said:

Recently Sony made some "adjusts" in psn prices around the world, related to exchange rates. Maybe that is the case.

Yep, I noticed that Drakengard 3 DLC price had literally doubled in the Brazilian store, went to PSprices only to find most games/dlc prices had been adjusted to the current US dollar exchange rate.

Just now, KingGuy420 said:

If their license to have it on the store expired and needed to be re upd, they could've been forced into the exchange rate change. 

I think Sony changed it themselves, plenty of games from other publishers changed price at the same time. Sony published games didn't get a price rise though.

Edited by kanzenchaos

6 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

think Sony changed it themselves, plenty of games from other publishers changed price at the same time. Sony published games didn't get a price rise though

Awhile back I saw an interview with one of the Warframe devs where they were asked if they thought about changing the micro transaction currency bundles and if not, why not? He explained that they wanted to, but if they changed the bundles they would be forced by Sony to implement the exchange rate update when they were updating the bundles on the store, so they decided not to.... The change was optional on old stuff, until it needed to be updated. That's really the only insight I have in to it lol. 

There are some very informative people on this site. Thx.

The entire DLC pack costs €30 now in the Dutch PSN Store...just crazy😭

Il be waiting until the full game and dlc goes on offer, usually drops to £5-£8 for the entire bundle, did the same for Hot Pursuit, I had HP on disc, turned out cheaper to buy the game again on digital with all dlc for £5 when it was on offer, as oppose to £20-30 for the dlc alone, traded in my hard copy for £3 so I ended up with everything for £2, well, not including the £8 it cost for the redundant hard copy in the first place but still, best to wait for anything PS3 related to go on offer, holding off on RE:ORC for the same reason

DLC Price over here in the UK is £25. I paid £12 for the game a few years back, which is incidentally the price on the PlayStation Store now. It amazes me that the DLC is twice the price of the base game and I've said to myself that I won't pay full price for it, however I've never managed to catch the DLC on sale.

I think the most aggravating thing is that the cars are there in game for you to find, but trying to drive them results in a trip to the e-store. The amount of times I've tried to escape a pursuit and crashed into the invisible barrier, preventing access to the DLC airport, by accident, thinking I can drive down there, is also rather irritating.  It's a very different experience from say, Horizon Zero Dawn, which would politely remind you on the home screen that the DLC Expansion was available before letting you get on with the base game entirely uninterrupted. Having the content literally there in the game but inaccessible behind a payment wall is exactly the kind of anti-consumer behaviour I'd expect from an EA game to be honest.

with PS5 coming out soon, they should lower the prices IMO.

Glad to know that I'm not the only one watching out for a discount on the DLC's for this game! They are insanely expensive right now, considering that the full game cost me $5 few months after it was released.

it is a rediculous price for the game indeed and unfortunately no phyiscal game of the year edition to grab cheap to get that 100%