Trophy lists confusion

I am thinking of starting this huge undertaking of a platinum. I am so confused as to what is going on with the trophy lists for Icebourne and The base game. I have neither and was thinking of grabbing the physical copy of Icebourne. If I were to do that does that install just one list on my profile? If I put the base game in first will that make it so I am getting double trophies when I play Icebourne after just booting up the base game? Also is it wise to start this game at this point? Will the platinum be as obtainable beyond this year? I am literally lost and have been trying to research the answers to these question but am coming up short. If anyone can explain as they would to a child, I would really really appreciate it. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Christmas_Dude said:

If anyone can explain as they would to a child, I would really really appreciate it. 

Monster Hunter World: Monster Hunter World Trophy List.

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: Monster Hunter World Iceborne Trophy List (You need MHW to play Iceborne)

Monster Hunter World and Monster Hunter World Iceborne: Monster Hunter World Trophy List and Monster Hunter World Iceborne Trophy List

And now give me a Like.

You have to play the Main Story in MHW first before you are able to join the MHW Iceborne Story. Every Game has it's own Trophy List.

You can't enable MHW Iceborne Trophies with MHW, because there are another kind of Quests.

It's an DLC but with it's own Trophy List.

But you can enable MHW Trophies with MHW Iceborne.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Monster Hunter World: Monster Hunter World Trophy List.

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: Monster Hunter World Iceborne Trophy List

Monster Hunter World and Monster Hunter World Iceborne: Monster Hunter World Trophy List and Monster Hunter World Iceborne Trophy List

And now give me a Like.

???

Anyways, think of it as an "expanded dlc" I have world but I can't access Iceborne's trophy list, I need to  buy it like other DLCs, only this one comes with a platinum.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

???

Anyways, think of it as an "expanded dlc" I have world but I can't access Iceborne's trophy list, I need to  buy it like other DLCs, only this one comes with a platinum.

It's the first time I saw that, or is there another Game/DLC like this out there?

Like others have said, even though Iceborne has its own separate trophy list it's still just DLC. Buying MHW and Iceborne will allow you to make progress on both trophy lists at once, and several trophies in the base game have expanded versions in Iceborne for which they're prerequisites (e.g. it's impossible to earn the crown trophies for Iceborne's list without first satisfying the requirements for the base game's crown trophies).

As for your second question, the devs plan to support Iceborne with regular content updates for at least a year after release (so at least through September). Pretty much every update makes the trophies at least a little bit easier to earn, whether through more powerful endgame equipment (Safi), special event quests that make crowns much easier to earn (the base game has 5 or so in rotation, and events for the Iceborne monsters are starting on the 13th), or other miscellaneous additions (additional research requests, etc.). It's also worth noting that because Iceborne is essentially a new difficulty level, the equipment available in it absolutely trivializes anything that was in the base game, which makes completing that trophy list much, much easier. They even added new weapons and armor (the Defender gear) to low and high rank that's comparable in power to early master rank equipment, so you can breeze through to Iceborne as quickly as possible. If anything, now is a better time to start than ever.

• Like 1

Would there be any advantage (or disadvantage) to continue with Iceborn after finishing the main game story, instead of grinding the main game first (only trophy-wise)?

For example, do the gold crowns from the DLC count towards the main game aswell?

2 hours ago, Mori said:

Would there be any advantage (or disadvantage) to continue with Iceborn after finishing the main game story, instead of grinding the main game first (only trophy-wise)?

For example, do the gold crowns from the DLC count towards the main game aswell?

1.Disadventage. And developers made dlc in a way that you want go to dlc, rather than grind base game.

2.This is One game with dlc. So Yes. I still get better "crown" from time to time in base game but playing dlc. If you plan to play this game and actualy turn it on you will see everything make sense.
I actualy did the disadventage way but with some help from dlc. So i can say that its much faster to finish base and then dlc and then plat both.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:20 AM, Sikutai said:

It's the first time I saw that, or is there another Game/DLC like this out there?

Some games I know of have done "Standalone" releases with platinums that are kind of like a DLC, but don't actually require the full game to play them. Some examples of these are Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, Infamous: First Light, and the previously mentioned Driveclub: Bikes. These were all basically just more content for Dishonored 2, Infamous: Second Son, and Driveclub respectively, but you can actually purchase them without owning the base game.

As far as I know, this is the first instance of an actual expansion getting a platinum. An expansion that requires the first game in order to play. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't know of any other examples.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Christmas Dude never came back? Strange. Wie tried to help him and he is not interested.

What?

On 2.2.2020 at 11:01 PM, Hanashiteru said:

1.Disadventage. And developers made dlc in a way that you want go to dlc, rather than grind base game.

2.This is One game with dlc. So Yes. I still get better "crown" from time to time in base game but playing dlc. If you plan to play this game and actualy turn it on you will see everything make sense.
I actualy did the disadventage way but with some help from dlc. So i can say that its much faster to finish base and then dlc and then plat both.

Not sure if I understood you correctly but thanks anyways. ;) 

On 2/2/2020 at 2:10 PM, Mori said:

If I understand your question correctly, there are good reasons to play through Iceborne before grinding for the base game trophies:

• The equipment in Iceborne is significantly better than anything in the base game, which makes farming anything except arena quests in the base game significantly easier
  • Research Points and Zenny are much more plentiful in Iceborne, which makes saving up 100k/1 million for their respective trophies much easier (though they aren't exactly difficult to begin with)
  • Other cumulative trophies like "Complete X optional quests/investigations" or "Slay Y tempered monsters/elder dragons" count things you do in Iceborne towards your totals
  • There's a new food skill in Iceborne called "Felyne Zoologist" which makes rare endemic life more likely to appear (there are 3 trophies related to them in the base game, which would otherwise be much more RNG dependent)
  • You *can* get crowns for the base game monsters in Iceborne quests and investigations, but that will only be relevant for maybe 5 monsters, max. The rest of the base game monsters either have an associated event quest with much higher (or even guaranteed) crown odds, or don't exist in Master Rank at all.

All in all my recommendation to new players would be to at least finish the story of Iceborne and get a decent Master Rank build before bothering to farm anything for base game trophies; some will come naturally so you won't even need to farm, and those that don't will go more quickly.

Edit: To add to this, the new Iceborne crown Event quest "Heavy Metal in the Waste" looks like it will include the Black Diablos, which is required for the base game crown trophies and was previously not included in any of the crown Events. Without Iceborne you would need to farm out its crowns the old fashioned way.

Edited by Xylobe
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

If you download both games, if you do the Clutch Claw quest, you’ll pop a trophy on the Iceborne rack. The game will encourage you very early in MHW to complete that arena quest (which is technically an Iceborne quest), and you don’t have to complete the MHW campaign at all to access that. You can do the Clutch Claw quest just after you get settled in town. Ramming monsters into walls or breakable features will save you a lot of time, as your DPS will greatly increase.

Frankly, although I think it ruins the game, getting Iceborne gear and returning to MHW essentially breaks the game. The MHW platinum can be quickly completed with mid-game Iceborne gear. (With endgame Iceborne gear, the Fatalis beta set, I was killing base monsters in seconds, and formerly scary monsters like the base Lunastra could barely damage me.) If you wait to crown hunt MHW-base until you have the Fatalis set, you can destroy the MHW plat in a fraction of the time listed in the guide. The Fatalis gear in the hands of an experienced monster hunter…you’ll literally be throwing these base monsters around like rag dolls, any of them. 

The Defender gear was added to the game to speed people up to Iceborne. The Defender weaponry is good enough to take you to early/mid Iceborne, if you’re good with the game’s mechanics.

Again, I personally came to regret using the Defender gear. Iceborne will demand that you fully know how to play your weapon’s abilities: The Defender gear just allowed me to hack n slash and not grow as a gamer in this particular ecosystem. I started a fresh run on an alt and really enjoyed NOT touching the Defender gear. 

You’ll also likely pop your raider ride trophies as well. 

Also, the moment you equip a pendant, you’ll pop that associated trophy in the Iceborne rack. You can do that with the armorer out the door. 

Shout out to @Vtull who is one of the best monster hunters alive. 

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

There are still many hobbyists online. If you fire an SOS, you will get help nearly every time. If you get Fatalis Beta + gear, crown hunting isn't much of a deal. I recently worked on this plat with @Vtull and we got most crowns between 1-15 farms, with very few heading into the upper twenties. Maybe 1-2 in each game gave us a hard time. I think that's to be expected. Many of the crowns are featured in events, which have buffed drop rates. Hobbyists and other competent players are running higher-odds investigations all the time that you can join to hunt for crowns: I got many of my crowns this way. You can earn this plat no problems in 2022.

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 2