Most pathetic way you have earned a trophy?

charxsetsuna

Well, if we're talking about the most 200 IQ way I've earned a trophy, I had screwed up the collectibles in The Raven, which locked me out of the plat. On the advice of another member here, I created a new PS3 profile without associating it to a PSN account, replayed The Raven correctly to earn the plat, deleted my PS3 profile that was associated to my PSN account, then associated the new PS3 profile with The Raven plat on it to my PSN account. This overwrote the old Raven timestamps where I'd screwed up the collectibles and gave me the plat. And I know what you're going to say.

3nzbwy.jpg

Which is why The Raven is hidden on my profile, because I have neither the time or energy to play PSNP's reindeer games.

• Like 4

In Fairy Fencer F (PS3) there was this trophy that wanted you to have... I am not sure, I think it was money... hmm... an incredible amount of money. Grinding would have took a week or so... In the post game. Meh... ...I just used a turbo controller that spams X. I mean, I do not mind playing a game for several weeks, but this trophy was too stupid for me.

Started Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2 yesterday. I WANTED a female saiyan, with pink hair and pink eyes. :P But I read, that saiyans not just have low health but that females even have less health. I was a bit concerned about it and looked up how I should play her. And you know what? Everyone is recommending for female saiyans that... I should go range. I am only level 14 now, so there are no specializations made yet, BUT, it feels so cheap. :D But also fun... Really. I wonder why Goku did not do that in the anime, instead of preparing a Genkidama for a whole episode...

Well and then there are games like Mayo, Slyde, Nubla, autopopped SoundShapes, stuff like that... Yeah, that is really cheap, I admit. But a trophy is a trophy, eh? <3

Edited by Neputyunu

I dunno if I would call it pathetic but the closest thing I can recall is for Tales of Vesperia there's a trophy for traveling a total of 500km and despite doing two playthroughs, one of them being a 100% playthrough, I didn't get it so I just opted to put the controller flat and had my headphone tilt the stick forward (I didn't have a rubber band as far as I knew) while I flew around the map for a few hours.

• Like 1

Using a rubber band for the driving trophy in Farming Simulator 15 cause even after it being the last thing left, I had so many miles to do it would’ve been tedium personified to do it naturally. Left it on all night and came back to find the tractor had tipped over into a river at some point. :(

There’s also a DLC trophy on LittleBigPlanet where you have to fire a certain amount of paintballs within something like 5 seconds. It seemed to be a little tricky for most people based on YouTube comments but it took me hours of attempts, and I only managed it by scraping my knuckles against R2 until they were raw.

• Like 1

Reinstalling Uncharted 4 from the disc to get the speedrun trophy. I did crushing legit though while getting all collectibles, so I just didn't feel like playing it a 3rd time lol

In RDR1 there's a trick to complete FFF, where you push all the other 3 players from around the table so you're left with only 1. Those QTEs are hard, specially opponent number #3.

Uploading Zombi's savefile to the cloud while playing in Survival mode, which has perma-death.

Lots of save/load in Yakuza games to get minigame trophies in case I lost lol. Did the same with American McGee's Alice (Madness Returns DLC) all the way through.

Grounded+ glitch on TLOU so that I didn't have to  complete grounded twice.

I think that's all, for now lol

Edited by kanzenchaos
  • Like 2

The money trophy from Saint's Row: Gat out of Hell

Entered other people playthroughts, did the towers thing (They gave the most money out of anything in the game, but you could only do a few in a playthrought, and since I could get into other people games via matchmaking, I could just get in their games and do that on their to do more of them), and them left to search for other players that didn't do those.

Remember a few players getting pissed at me and trying to kill me lol

Edited by DesmaBR
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alderriz said:

The first thing that comes to mind is Bolt Collector in Ratchet & Clank 1. Glitching into an area where you're not supposed to be and holding :circle: with a rubber band for several hours while bolts rain down on you.

I'm convinced the trophy was meant to be for earning 100k bolts (even the trophy icon says so), but you have to get 1 million.

This. and leaving my PS4 on while I had a character in first person mode on GTA 5. I didn't like the feel of first person mode in GTA so I just left it idle to get the trophy to pop.

• Like 2