Most pathetic way you have earned a trophy?

charxsetsuna

21 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Borrowed my boyfriend's PS3 and bought a second copy of Stormrise, this terrible RTS game for the PS3, to get all the online shit done. That was a very, very sad couple of hours. Better than finding someone to boost with on a dead game no one owns though.

Ah, yes! I forgot my self-boosting sessions. Most recently, I did all of the online for DJ Hero 2 in this way. My PS3s are divided by a couple of staircases, so I got quite a workout playing through each individual song.

I also boosted Puzzle Quest: Galactrix in this way, as well as Battle Fantasia.

Edited by starcrunch061

The jump rope trophies in FFIX remastered. After trying for several days to get it the legitimate way, I was looking up help on how to do it when I discovered the timing being off was a pretty common complaint among everyone that was trying to get the trophies. I had my husband try it for me since he had played IX before and, after wanting to break the controller in frustration, he confirmed the timing was way off from the original game. So, I took the advice of just about all the online guides for it and ran a script for those two trophies. Otherwise it was just going to sit there two trophies away from platinum. I don't even feel bad about this since the mini game got messed up.

Outside of that, I've done online boosting sessions with my husband when we both have copies of games with online trophies (fighting games in particular) and I used the cloud to reload my save data in Diablo 3 while doing the Hardcore Mode trophies when I died,

Got people to trophy hack 5 games for me (this was years ago). 

Oh well, you live you learn. It was very retarded of me but no regrets, just life lessons.

You could say I was young and foolish.

On 02/02/2020 at 11:10 PM, closertim said:

Getting my 10 year old son to get it for me cos I'm too useless.  

LittleBigPlanet was my first platinum and 100% and the only trophy on the game that I didn’t do with my own hands was ‘Quick Fire Artiste’ which my cousin obtained for me so that is relatable except my cousin wasn’t 10 as far as I remember and except been useless too or perhaps I was at the time.

I refuse to let anyone earn me trophies now because feels rewarding to just do it with your own hands.

Edited by BrettyBoy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, gabrieluiz94 said:

By just starting the game?dont remember which game was. 

Thats pathetic but i guess everyone

Earned a trophy like that. 

You know, if u get a trophy for just starting the game it shouldnt be even in the trophy list

There are a bunch of games where you don’t even need to complete the game in order to obtain the platinum nowadays. 

That Witcher 3 DLC trophy where you have to slide non stop for 10 seconds. I was in a cave, clueless about where to go next and started jumping around. Geralt glitched on a rock and started sliding...trophy popped.

Bought the shotgun on The Last of Us, Factions. Never touched multiplayer again after the platinum. I consider this my derpest derp, since I had already completed the Firefly journey, and was just about to start the Hunter's.

I can't remember if it's trophy related, but I equiped a bunch of auto attack chips on Nier: Automata, and left 2B hacking away in an infinite spawn zone. Went to take a shower, a nap, and came back level 99. Also equipped the same chips on 9S, because I suck at hacking. Felt so cheap that I actually didn't used the trophy shop, and did everything else the legit way. 

Edited by kaltezhan

Emulating 5 android phones on my pc which could barely handle 4 so I had to make all 5 phones extremely small windows and barely being able to see them then setting each phone up and downloading that's you to each phone then while playing 2 10 minute games they would crash and I would have to start the phone again.

All I needed was 5 friends or family members to play with.

• Like 1

Using rubber bands to get those "walked X number of steps" trophies. I did this in Tales of Vesperia and FFXIII-2

I also taped town the R1 button in FFXIII-2 for the slot machine to get a fragment needed for the trophy. I was lucky i that it came after 30 mins, but I heard some people not getting it for hours.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I think the most pathetic way I’ve earned a trophy was probably in Yomawari: Night Alone. One of the trophies requires you to play for 50 hours. In a game that takes maybe 4-5 hours to beat, and another 2-5 for cleanup under the worst circumstances.

Did I wrap a hair tie around my Vita’s thumbstick and anchor it, then plug the Vita in and leave it that way for two days, so my haunted little girl would spend the next 40ish hours just face humping the wall of her house? Damn right I did.

Edited by Ashande
  • Like 4

I have four PS3s and four PS4s to boost online trophies. Very frustrating as I don't have four TVs to use so I have to plug in two consoles to two different TVs and quickly switch channels to make sure everything is going right

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Conor said:

Very frustrating as I don't have four TVs to use so I have to plug in two consoles to two different TVs

When self boosting in Laser League, I used 2 tvs for my brother's PS4 and my PS5, and I had to remote play on the Vita for my PS4, I have since learned that I could have used my phone and looked slightly less pathetic.

Edited by Breakingthegreen

The whole point of L.A Noire is to teach how to uncover liars and psychos with techniques from irl psychology on interrogations.

I didn't give a crap back then, and followed a full video walkthrough for each and every answer on them to get 5 star ratings on missions asap.

• Like 1