Favourite role? Moonshiner, bounty hunter, trader or collector?

rockstarjazz

i enjoy the Trader the most...the resupply missions, the hunting, the delivering, and good payouts

moonshiner is ok but i can never deliver 20/20 and always get caught and shot at by patrols. plus there's the long waiting time and need to find plants.

bounty hunter has alot of potential but i'm not that great at it, esp if it involves 2 bounty people, one always escapes.

collector was just a grind but i'll resort to this if i need to make money as it sells good.

i got the plat for this game awhile ago and noticed i am still playing the online. i'm actually enjoying the online, and hope they bring in more roles in the future.

it would also be good if they brought some table games in so we can play against people, like domino's for example. i enjoyed that from single player.

I actually like collector a lot. Something zen about just riding around and picking up treasures. Plus the rewards are god tier.

Trader is a lot of fun but with the glitchy animal spawns it's hard to keep it going consistently. Hopefully that gets fixed someday.

Bounty Hunter is fun too but the whole "the faster you finish it, the less you get rewarded" thing is annoying as hell. The legendary bounties are super interesting though.

And moonshiner, I can't even try. I haven't tried in a few weeks but I always get the infinite loading screen and can't get into it. Can't even do the story missions sadly. Not sure if they fixed that or not but I'm excited to try it eventually lol.   

• Like 1

I maxed out the Collector role - I was quite happy just riding around and finding things at my own pace, not bothering anybody and rarely being bothered by anybody else.  I tended to go for the Coins and Rings and would sell both complete sets at the same time for a nice $920 payday or something like that.

I got the Trader role up to level 14, I think, and will probably return to the game from time to time and max that role out too.

I've barely touched the Bounty Hunter or Moonshiner roles yet, but will definitely put some time into them.

Collector is my favourite in general because it’s cool to just ride around looking for items. Plus you can hunt animals, find things while doing other roles or story missions and it makes a lot of money.

Moonshiner is second. I really liked the story that went with the role and it was a fun challenge doing some missions solo.

Trader is alright and makes good money. Just wish the bloody resupply missions didn’t happen so often though.

Bounty Hunter is ok. Only role I haven’t maxed out.

Yeah, I'd go with Collector. As Feral said, it makes a lot of money, but also nets you a ton of XP. A shame it wasn't available back when I was aiming for Level 50, I'd have got that trophy far, far sooner. I've almost reached Level 100 and I estimate I was around 60 or so when I bought the Collector's Bag item only a few weeks ago.

8 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

Bounty Hunter is fun too but the whole "the faster you finish it, the less you get rewarded" thing is annoying as hell. The legendary bounties are super interesting though.

Yeah, same lousy issue with GTA Online, most jobs I can think of pay less for a faster completion time. Totally backwards in context of the spirit of the game, but it makes sense when you factor in R*'s desire to sell gold/Shark Cards.

Edited by SarcalogosVermis

4 minutes ago, The PREDATOR said:

I loved the Trader role, currently as far as i know the animal spawns are still broken. Hopefully that get’s fixed soon, until then I’m taking a break.

They’re usually only shit if there’s more than 20 people in the session. This is where timezones help out. If I play in the late afternoon/evening then there are tons of animals because it’s night in the Northern Hemisphere. So you’ve just gotta play when it’s not busy (yeah it’s annoying but still).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SarcalogosVermis said:

Yeah, I'd go with Collector. As Feral said, it makes a lot of money, but also nets you a ton of XP. A shame it wasn't available back when I was aiming for Level 50, I'd have got that trophy far, far sooner. I've almost reached Level 100 and I estimate I was around 60 or so when I bought the Collector's Bag item only a few weeks ago.

Yeah, same lousy issue with GTA Online, most jobs I can think of pay less for a faster completion time. Totally backwards in context of the spirit of the game, but it makes sense when you factor in R*'s desire to sell gold/Shark Cards.

DIdn't play the game since a long time (didn"t play since those role came out)

And still need a lot of XP to get lvl 50

So the best way to boost XP now is going with role, and most effective one is Collector ?

Or is there an other way more effective than role ?

Looks like some of you guys played a lot of it, that's why I ask it here ^^ (i guess it will be useful for a lot of others still looking for lvl 50 ^^)

10 hours ago, The PREDATOR said:

No worries mate, I’ll jump on between those hours and see how it is.

Good luck mate. Hopefully it doesn't prove me wrong lol.

10 hours ago, seblegamer said:

So the best way to boost XP now is going with role, and most effective one is Collector ?

Looks like some of you guys played a lot of it, that's why I ask it here ^^ (i guess it will be useful for a lot of others still looking for lvl 50 ^^)

Yeah Collector is the best because you get XP for every item you find.

Playing event series is reasonably effective for XP. Also a good idea if you're in need of gold to get the Collector. The Takeover series is easiest to win in.

On 03/02/2020 at 3:44 PM, seblegamer said:

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner.

As Feral said, Collector awards you XP for each item you find. You also gain XP (and money of course) for selling complete sets of collectables to Madam Nazar.

https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/

This map ought to be of use to you. Each group of collectables can be found in different places on different days. The cycles are random, but the link provided should show you exactly where items for the current day can be found. Be aware that you have to rank up your collector role,in order to buy a metal detector which allows you to find certain items like coins, arrowheads and buried jewellery (and to dig these up you'll also need to buy a shovel from Madam Nazar). But honestly, if you spend even just an hour or so each day just going round the map collecting items, it won't take too long to rank up.

4 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/61387/Frontier-Pursuits-XP-Boosts-Including-Legendary-Bounties-and-Wheeler-R

There is 40% XP boost for selling complete Collector sets this week. Since I haven't played Online yet.. Is it possible to collect some of these sets this week if I start playing now?

you need the collectors bag first, and that costs alot of gold

• Like 1