Trophy Guide

Napjcjd

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for this, especially the one for the Quadruple-Double. Buying the boosts makes so much sense. I never even thought of it.

I'm surprised no one has commented so far.

What i'd like to know is why did you give this a 9/10 difficulty?

This seems like the easiest 2K Plat ever, unless you give it that for the 'Goat Collector' trophy, and Q-double.

Edited by TheGoaler
Added a sentence

On 2/22/2020 at 1:46 PM, TheGoaler said:

Thanks a lot for this, especially the one for the Quadruple-Double. Buying the boosts makes so much sense. I never even thought of it.

I'm surprised no one has commented so far.

What i'd like to know is why did you give this a 9/10 difficulty?

This seems like the easiest 2K Plat ever, unless you give it that for the 'Goat Collector' trophy, and Q-double.

Your welcome! Yea the Goat collecter is the only reason due to the large amount of games you have to play to get it, plus we dont no how many total cards will be released.

8 minutes ago, Napjcjd said:

Your welcome! Yea the Goat collecter is the only reason due to the large amount of games you have to play to get it, plus we dont no how many total cards will be released.

Folks already almost have Galaxy Opal D Wade.  There will more than enough cards.  I'm near Galaxy Opal Sabonis myself.  You don't have to play folks online, which makes the game much easier in that regard.  You can literally do everything solo.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, MeJloman said:

How difficult is it to collect 2900+ cards ?? Does it make sense to take on this platinum ??

Cards are cheaper than ever (in-game currency) as it is a buyer’s market.  Starting at this time would be a long grind and difficult but where this is a will, there is a way.

Good news is that there's a lot of rewards that are available on the Agenda for Weekly/Monthly and Lifetime. 

And they announced that servers will stay on until December 31st, 2021. So you can really take the slow route and make your way up there. I'm about 800+ cards myself and i don't bother with the online aspect.

Seeing as how there's no official guide for it here on PSNprofiles, and I can't seem to find anything in the rules about advertising alternate guides (as we see with this thread), here is a guide that features a little different strategy for accomplishing the MyCareer trophies. Mainly the Keeper and To Go trophies, emphasizing the same exploit in stealing the ball that I've been getting away with since I grabbed the 2k12 plat way back in the day (seriously don't know how this hasn't been fixed -- physical size always dictates "loose" animations for easy interceptor steals as opposed to a steal or reactions rating). That guide recommends only two builds to do all of the MyCareer trophies so you won't have to keep recreating builds centered around lockdown defense, sharpshooter, etc., and depending on your style of play you should be able to knock out some of them a bit easier (although on Pro difficulty, twelve minute quarters, and a decent amount of earned playing time combined with boosts gives a myriad of options anyway haha). Or at least it's a bit easier for those wanting to be mainly a point guard (especially because you'll be receiving the ball on every possession regardless of chemistry, game flow, and matchup) to tackle these as opposed to a big man.

Just an alternative route, as I know most of my buddies have always preferred PG builds in offline MyPlayer modes as they can dictate the overall game a lot more easily by having the ball in their hands by default.

• Like 1