fastest way to level your character now a days?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey guys tetsted the glitch and it works fine! takes like 10 minutes and you are in the glitch opening and spamming the chests gives you money tacos and the best 1000 xp per opening. means you can easily level a prestige 4 to 5 char 10 levels within like 2 minutes!  but you need to players for this since we have to go in the glitch, get the promotion, get out of the glitch, switch char, rince and repeat but it really goes super quick!

Edited by DaivRules

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

1. Make sure you have all 3 Diamond Gnomes (find them with a youtube guide or whatever)

2. Make sure you go to settings and turn on an option that says something like "turn text into speech". Basically, make sure when you hit R3, a text menu pops up that allows you to type.

3. Go to the gnome boss fight area as shown in the video and after you click confirm, hold R3 for the menu to pop up.

4. While the menu is up, hold the X button down on the 'W' key and keep it held in until the PS4/PS5 won't allow you to go any more.

5. After it's done, hit R2 to press the input in.

That's pretty much all there is to it. Once you hit R2, you can start shooting or use your abilities. If the number doesn't move, you did it correctly. If you see the ammo going down, then you have to retry (so don't waste your time fighting the boss).

One thing of note, all the players can do this, not just one person. So if you had 4 players, all 4 could get the exp. every time. Finally, I want to give the devs a big fuck you for this trophy. They kept patching out methods of making the trophy not a complete pain to do, and ironically now the fastest way by far is available and doesn't seem like it will be patched out.

you‘re an angel! <3 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Can someone clarify why you need a second player for the glitch? And do both need to have all the diamond gnomes?

I think maybe to start the activity, you need at least 2 people? Idk I never tried to do it solo. And no, only one person needs to have the diamond gnomes to start the boss fight. They don't take that long to get though. 

• Like 1

A little tip for this method:

If only 1 player need the exp then you don't have to fight the gnome boss.

Just let the non glitched player exit activity and you will come back out to the glitched chest without fighting the boss.

Edited by XeoZin
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

How quickly are you able to level up characters this way? I’ve basically all but given up on the platinum for this game, but if there’s a method that you can level up characters super fast I’ll gladly do it

Hmm worst part timewise is you have to close and reset the game after each 10 level. Then go back and upgrade the character and go back to the gnome boss.

Loading times is the big issue here. 

I have only done this on a ps4 pro and each run with reset takes I think 7-8 min. (This is for 1 player not killing the gnome boss, killing him Will prob add 5 minutes each run)

With 24 characters and doing this 5 times each it will take 16 hours pure grinding as far my math goes ?

If load times are alot faster on ps5 it can reduce the time ofc.

Edited by XeoZin
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, XeoZin said:

Hmm worst part timewise is you have to close and reset the game after each 10 level. Then go back and upgrade the character and go back to the gnome boss.

Loading times is the big issue here. 

I have only done this on a ps4 pro and each run with reset takes I think 7-8 min. (This is for 1 player not killing the gnome boss, killing him Will prob add 5 minutes each run)

With 24 characters and doing this 5 times each it will take 16 hours pure grinding as far my math goes ?

If load times are alot faster on ps5 it can reduce the time ofc.

Interesting. 
Obviously if you’re only wanting 20 characters you’ll reduce your time a fair amount. I have an SSHD, which is like a hybrid between an SSD & a HDD. I wonder how noticeable loading times would be from a regular HDD. It’d be great if someone with a PS5 could test this, because assuming their servers don’t play a large part in loading times SSD should cut that 16 hour rough estimate by a decent amount. 

Edited by OmegaRejectz

54 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Interesting. 
Obviously if you’re only wanting 20 characters you’ll reduce your time a fair amount. I have an SSHD, which is like a hybrid between an SSD & a HDD. I wonder how noticeable loading times would be from a regular HDD. It’d be great if someone with a PS5 could test this, because assuming their servers don’t play a large part in loading times SSD should cut that 16 hour rough estimate by a decent amount. 

I’ll try boosting this with myself in the next few days with my PS5 and PS4 and see how it goes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Interesting. 

I did this method with a PS5 compared to my friends who did it with the PS4. The PS5 has a massive time advantage when loading into the level, so I would also be the one to host the activity. 

• Like 1

@Diegofr12

No you have to invite a 2nd player

Can someone clarify when to open the text menu ?

Got it to work one time at first try but now i tried for hours and it wont count anymore again.

Do i have to press R3 right after i start the activity, before 2nd player accepts or after that?

Or in the short loading screen after 2nd Player accepts or before/after that?

Im so clueless why this doesnt work anymore.

On 22.3.2021 at 2:28 AM, RNumbers said:

Can someone clarify why you need a second player for the glitch? And do both need to have all the diamond gnomes?

you do need a second player for the glitch since you are sending him a text message via in game keyboard that's how the whole thing works and since the message is that long the system kind of breaks down. You can't send a message to yourself, I mean you can, technically but it makes no sense ;-) 

11 minutes ago, Dragonxlave said:

@Diegofr12

No you have to invite a 2nd player

Can someone clarify when to open the text menu ?

Got it to work one time at first try but now i tried for hours and it wont count anymore again.

Do i have to press R3 right after i start the activity, before 2nd player accepts or after that?

Or in the short loading screen after 2nd Player accepts or before/after that?

Im so clueless why this doesnt work anymore.

you need to open the text menu once you spawn in the gnome activity, NOT in the loading screen. The second player should be in your session before you enter right at the start, both of you actually need to do this right at the start. once at the end confirm with R2 and enter the fight

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another tip I can give to you: Don't waste time with farming money or tacos ( which can be transformed to money ). The fastest way is to do the boss fight, spam the chest ( every time you open it you get 2.000 xp ) and hear this (haaaaaaa ) sound. Everytime this sound appears you got one level up. Spam the chest until you don't hear this sound anymore means you are max level and need to promote. Since this glitch breaks your whole session and can't just simply switch the char or fast travel to the base you need to back out to the dashboard, restart the game and do it all over again but believe me this is by FAR the fastest method. At the beginning I wasted time with farming tacos and money but it's completely useless since you get like 50.000 xp or more under a minute by just spamming the chest. No glitch ever was that effective. 

In the end i must say it's a shame that this glitch seems mandatory to get the platinum since I always loved this series so so much but what EA did with this game is antisocial to the core. This game had so much potential but in th end the left this game with zero content wth a grind of many 100 hours. So don't hesitate to use this method as good as possible. I definitely would have done this legit ( like pvz 1 and 2) but they totally destroyed this game by greed.

Edited by DavySuicide
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

you do need a second player for the glitch since you are sending him a text message via in game keyboard that's how the whole thing works and since the message is that long the system kind of breaks down. You can't send a message to yourself, I mean you can, technically but it makes no sense ;-) 

you need to open the text menu once you spawn in the gnome activity, NOT in the loading screen. The second player should be in your session before you enter right at the start, both of you actually need to do this right at the start. once at the end confirm with R2 and enter the fight

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another tip I can give to you: Don't waste time with farming money or tacos ( which can be transformed to money ). The fastest way is to do the boss fight, spam the chest ( every time you open it you get 2.000 xp ) and hear this (haaaaaaa ) sound. Everytime this sound appears you got one level up. Spam the chest until you don't hear this sound anymore means you are max level and need to promote. Since this glitch breaks your whole session and can't just simply switch the char or fast travel to the base you need to back out to the dashboard, restart the game and do it all over again but believe me this is by FAR the fastest method. At the beginning I wasted time with farming tacos and money but it's completely useless since you get like 50.000 xp or more under a minute by just spamming the chest. No glitch ever was that effective. 

In the end i must say it's a shame that this glitch seems mandatory to get the platinum since I always loved this series so so much but what EA did with this game is antisocial to the core. This game had so much potential but in th end the left this game with zero content wth a grind of many 100 hours. So don't hesitate to use this method as good as possible. I definitely would have done this legit ( like pvz 1 and 2) but they totally destroyed this game by greed.

Thank you !

Will try that for sure.

I really enjoyed the 2nd game but this one isn't that good as their prequels.

As you said missing content.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dragonxlave said:

Thank you !

Will try that for sure.

I really enjoyed the 2nd game but this one isn't that good as their prequels.

As you said missing content.

you're welcome man it should work fine for you as well. yes, it's a shame PvZ2 was one of my most favorite coop games on ps4 I played the free amazing gnome dlc for weeks with friends. Perfect game- Battle for Neighborville has the potential to be even better but what can I say.. it's EA isn't it? ^^ I learned my lesson once more. 

On 24.3.2021 at 4:38 PM, Dragonxlave said:

Im so so clueless.. tried this again for about two hours with different timings to press R3.

Im in with a second console, so no splitscreen.

Starting to feel really stupid..

As everyone seems to got this to work so easily.

I just made a quick recording for you :) 

@ThatMuttGuy I used your text in the description and made sure to give you credit. Even put the link to your PSNprofile. Pls let me know if its ok :) 

Edited by Osmose42
  • Like 4