fastest way to level your character now a days?

4 hours ago, Osmose42 said:

I just made a quick recording for you :) 

@ThatMuttGuy I used your text in the description and made sure to give you credit. Even put the link to your PSNprofile. Pls let me know if its ok :) 

Oh wow, really thank you :)

I'll try it as soon i'm have access to my ps4.

Edited by Dragonxlave

Ok, i just gave that method another try.

Played on my PS5 and invited my second account at my gf's PS5 into my game.

At the door i hold square to start the activity.

After that i pressed the left d-pad button to accept the start of the activity at the 2nd account.

Immediately after that i hold R3 to bring up the text menu and press (and hold) the X button on W until no more letters can be displayed.

So basically i doing whats in the video and whats been written but somehow it won't work.

On 3/21/2021 at 11:01 PM, XeoZin said:

A little tip for this method:

If only 1 player need the exp then you don't have to fight the gnome boss.

Just let the non glitched player exit activity and you will come back out to the glitched chest without fighting the boss.

How do you have the player leave the activity to kick the other player out of the battle?

Edit: Hosting player can abandon the activity.

Edit: Aw yeah, that's the ticket, boys and girls. I can leave my alt near the gnome door and have him start the activity as soon as my main is back in town center. Saves a good amount of time.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/21/2021 at 8:26 PM, ThatMuttGuy said:

One thing of note, all the players can do this, not just one person. So if you had 4 players, all 4 could get the exp. every time.

I'm sure this may seem obvious, but if you're in a 4-player game, all four players must do the glitch (if they want XP), not just the host.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

We also could just play the game. You dont have to earn the platinum in a week.

It is fun, the servers aren't shutting and it is active. So just play it casually and when you get bored come back to it later.

It is like RDR. Instead of enjoying the fun online people glitched themselves to a plat

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

It is fun, the servers aren't shutting and it is active.

After the issues with content being removed from PvZ:GW2, I can't blame anyone who wants to finish this game immediately. The support for this game has been dropped by the publisher, so completionists honestly shouldn't meander about with the trophies.

• Like 3

On 2021-08-14 at 11:59 AM, ThatMuttGuy said:

Hard disagree. This game is a shitshow and doesn't hold a candle to Garden Warfare 1 or 2. 

You might have fun for the first 5-10 hours, but after that it's just the same shit over and over again. There's no redeeming qualities in this game compared to the first 2. 

Wish there wasn't a cap on upvoting so I could upvote this.

• Like 1

That's the last trophy I need for the platinum and booooooy is it a fucking grind ._.) It's gonna take ages but if you want the trophy, you gotta put in the work, I suppose.

What I've been doing is the multiplayer Ops missions, camping the zombie spawn area in Giddy Park private PVE, and doing skirmishes. Those seem to be the highest xp gain from what I've noticed. You can also use the XP machine which is... 15k coins, I think? I haven't done it yet because I'm saving up for the locked plant character :D If anyone is also going for this trophy, I wish you luck, patience, and good fortune haha

I'm using the private Turf Takeover method, I'm almost done with the plants. Probably not the fastest way, but still pretty good. And I don't have to pay attention to the screen a lot, so I can grind while watching a movie on my pc, helps with making it less boring. Way better than giddy park or playing missions, or multiplayer matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcbAlcH8lvE

Edited by Devil-Danna

On 24/08/2021 at 3:02 PM, Devil-Danna said:

I'm using the private Turf Takeover method, I'm almost done with the plants. Probably not the fastest way, but still pretty good. And I don't have to pay attention to the screen a lot, so I can grind while watching a movie on my pc, helps with making it less boring. Way better than giddy park or playing missions, or multiplayer matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcbAlcH8lvE

Yeah I'm doing the same lol, whilst watching movies and some speedrun history videos :D

I noticed that you use the PS4 Second Screen app Android and iOS to paste the quoted text in this comment into the app. Saves you about a min of holding the button each run.

Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

On 14.8.2021 at 10:36 AM, Crazy said:

Does anyone know if this glitch works on PS5? or is this only working on PS4s?

it does work on ps5, yes. It even works with ps4 and ps5 with a friend. I quoted to this post earlier this year and I am not getting tired of pointing out to use the exploit / glitch. I played this game since release and had everything done in the game ( even non trophy related 100% map clearing stuff ) I was lightyears away from the platinum. I said to myself "screw this" and stopped playing the game. I found out about the glitch and went back to it with a friend and we knocked 50 promotions out within  a few hours. Even the final prestige 5 ( which takes legit many hours per char ) can be done within 30 seconds. The whole rince and repeat process with restarting the game, promoting, changing char and killing the boss again takes like 8 minutes max so you don't need to be a genius in math to see how much time you can save. Buy the daily10.000 xp with coins for low level chars ( prestige 1 and 2 ) and clear the final tiers with this glitch. Make a boost session, there are so many players out there who need this trophy. Don't waste hundrets of hours to get this trophy legit. EA killed this game on purpose and as a die hard day one fan of popcaps older masterpieces I can just say it's a shame :-/ this game COULD have been a fucking blast, with more maps, more modes and weekly events such as PvZ 2 but they decided to destroy one of the most creative franchises. The glitch is still online and won't be patched, it's extremely easy to do. Cheers guys

Edited by DavySuicide
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

So far there is no real exploit to save large amounts of time.

considering it takes like 311 days to level up the 20 characters using this coin machine thing xp+ only.

just play the game a couple matches and try to do the cp+ thing every day. its not skill, its endurance..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VaDiMkA said:

So far there is no real exploit to save large amounts of time.

considering it takes like 311 days to level up the 20 characters using this coin machine thing xp+ only.

just play the game a couple matches and try to do the cp+ thing every day. its not skill, its endurance..

There is without a doubt a great exploit, it's the chest one for completing the gnome boss.

Ok, after some reading and testing i wanted to write this down for everyone to understand it better how the glitch works and how it is best to be used. if done right and having a second console at hand lets you solo this and skip the boss fight entierly. 

What you need:

1. Your main Account which is going to need all the level ups for the trophy. The console your playing the main on should be set to english for the text to speech accessibility option to appear.

2. A second console with a 2nd psn account and a 2nd ea account. No ps plus requiered on this account.  You will need to have the 3 diamond gnomes on this account, because with this one you will have to start the boss fight activity.

3. Enable the text to speech option for the main account

4. With the 2nd account host the game, join in with your main account and start the activity. When the loading cutscene starts press r3 with the main account and spam "w" until the end. Send this message. When shooting with the main account your ammunition shouldnt go down which means the glitch is active and working.

5. Now abandon the activity with the 2nd account (the glitch shouldnt be active on this account, thats why you can enter the menu and everything)

6. now both characters should be standing outside, but the main should still have the glitch active and you should be able to spam open the chest outside with square.

7. You have to listen for the level up sound to appear 10 times to know you are ready to rank up your character

8. quit the game from xmb with the main. restart, rank up your character and join the 2nd account again. From here it is rinse and repeat for all 20 characters needed to be ranked up.

Note: this whole process can of course be done with a 2nd real person, but it wont be sole more of course and it will take longer because most likely the person wants to do the leveling as well so you would need to do all of this the other way around after (or you both just do the glitch at the same time but then you would need to fight the boss every time).

I didnt test it out but this should also work with 2-3 real person and a dummy account on a spare console. So the dummy account has the 3 diamond gnomes and hosts the figth every time, and all the players wanting to level join in, activate the glitch. Dummy account abandons and all 2-3 players should still have the glitch activated. After that all quit, rank up join back in, dummy starts again and so on.

And yes, it works on both ps4 and ps5, as well as between both of them.

I hope this helps to tackle this awful trophy

EDIT: Im almost done and can say with this tactic you can cut down the grind to about 10 hours.

Regarding the diamoand gnomes: when creating a new account you also have to collect all 3 of them for town center again. Normally you would need to have the mindblower to access 2 out of the 3. If you already have the mindblower with you main account, you can just join your 2nd account, activate the mindblower and destroy the zombie guards and then your able to get to the gnomes with your 2nd account.

Also, you only have to collect the gnomes ones for town center, so you also have them for the zombies then (this whole glitch works just the same with zombies)

Last thing i wanted to share: you dont need to switch between your two consoles all the time. You only need to open the session with you 2nd account and position yourself at the door to start the boss fight. after that you can play with your main account without switching back. to start the activity you join with your main to your 2nd and hold square on your 2nd controller. to abandon the activity press options - down - x - x. when both characters stand outside the door you can position your 2nd account through the camera of your main account

Edited by Namenloser1990
added more info
  • Like 3