Server Closure Bad Move?

HOGIE838EIRE

Seems silly when TLOU is all about the single player story- multiplayer isn't even a big component. Sure, it prevents you getting the PS3 plat, but the story is what you play for (in my opinion at least, I wasn't a huge fan of the multiplayer). Plus, as mentioned if you want the plat, the remaster is available on PS4.

• Like 1

I was just wondering if you think they should have kept the servers active because the release of the second game would generate a lot more sales for the first. I know the PS4 version is still active but I'd rather play the original than the remaster. Yes I'm a complete weirdo... I admit that! ? and I do have the PS4 version for free with PSPlus ?

• Like 1

So because they closed the ps3 servers, while the ps4 ones are still up, you aren't going to play the series? The stupidity in this reasoning is... incomprehensible. You could still buy it on ps3 and play it on an alt since you really want to play the original version. If not you had 6 freakin years to play it before the online closed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

I think with the release of TLOU 2 due later this year closing the servers for the first game was a really bad move. I would have liked to platinum this before playing the second game but now I will play neither! What are your thoughts?

I mean you only had 6 years to finish it.  I highly doubt they're sitting around having  conference about how they screwed up because HOGIE838IRE won't play TLOU2 because they shut down servers of a 6 plus year old game.  One of the best games of all time imo i don't see how they care what you think.  Gaming companies don't cater to desires of trophy hunters because trophy hunters are only a small fraction of gamers.  Sony caters to us because we typically buy 50 games to a non trophy hunters 5.  Trophy hunting benefits Sony much more than an individual gaming company,  Unless your business is selling trash game solely for easy platinum like ratalaka.

• Like 2

Of course I would like to have gotten the platinum to the original on ps3 but its also still obtainable on ps4 so Im planning on doing it there anyway. I heard the remaster was better though so why would you have wanted to play the original instead? Get the plat for the ps4! At least you can still get that one. 

• Like 1

6 years is enough, but still too early. 

You got to remember a lot of us have lives and cant trophy hunt like a dedicated trophy hunter. Also you got to consider the  backlogs on other games. And no one expected TLOU to be closed down that soon since they had Uncharted 2's servers up for 10 years. 

I finally finished my backlogs and started on TLOU in Aug 2019 and couldnt finish it by Sep lol... Oh well. 

My other account I just use to play games, but this account is for 100% completion.

Edited by The_Mighty_Ducks
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

I know the PS4 version is still active but I'd rather play the original than the remaster.

So, you'll play these remasters:

Assassin's Creed II

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Resident Evil 4

Uncharted 

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

Man!!! Poor poor TLoU. 

• Like 1

All game Devs should bring their  MP servers back. There are lots of players who would love to get certain games 100%. It’s a shame. It doesn’t cost them anything. Lots of gamers hurt when they can’t 100% because of un obtainable trophies. 

On 2/3/2020 at 4:46 AM, HOGIE838IRE said:

I think with the release of TLOU 2 due later this year closing the servers for the first game was a really bad move. I would have liked to platinum this before playing the second game but now I will play neither! What are your thoughts?

On 2/3/2020 at 6:02 AM, HOGIE838IRE said:

I was just wondering if you think they should have kept the servers active because the release of the second game would generate a lot more sales for the first. I know the PS4 version is still active but I'd rather play the original than the remaster. Yes I'm a complete weirdo... I admit that! 1f61c.png and I do have the PS4 version for free with PSPlus 1f609.png

On 2/3/2020 at 5:02 PM, HOGIE838IRE said:

You’re all focusing too much on my idiosynracy’s 1f61c.png I just think they should have left the servers up another year 1f644.png

On 2/3/2020 at 6:00 PM, HOGIE838IRE said:

I know lol I just would rather tlou and tlou 2 on my profile rather than tlou remastered and tlou 2... I know I’m a complete weirdo ????1f602.png1f602.png

At first you claim it was a bad move, then laugh off all arguments with your "idiosyncrasies"... you do realize that most people do not care about platinum trophies or 100% a game all that much, and those who do don't really care if its the remaster or the original one?

So, rethink your initial question. Does it make any sense to keep the servers running for a minuscule amount of players? I mean, clearly they've done the math and no, it doesn't make any sense.