Tower DLC (no glitch)

CraigyXO

Yeah this was a tough one. I had to do it on the ps3 version because the glitch isn't there, but I did glitch the Redux lol. (Played Redux first)

I wish I remember if I did anything special but if I'm not mistaken there's quite a few corners/short passageways in the arena? Try using them with explosives to rack up a couple kills.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Yeah this was a tough one. I had to do it on the ps3 version because the glitch isn't there, but I did glitch the Redux lol. (Played Redux first)

I wish I remember if I did anything special but if I'm not mistaken there's quite a few corners/short passageways in the arena? Try using them with explosives to rack up a couple kills.

There’s a wall I’m hugging that was recommended in a video but ultimately I end up panicking and running loops which usually ends in my death due to the shrieker enemies. Surprisingly this is going to feel quite rewarding by the time I eventually conquer it... was expecting an easy platinum haha. 

1 minute ago, audiopile said:

Love the game series, still struggling with this though. 

I breezed through the main game on hardcore difficulty but there seems to be a steep difficulty curve with the add ons. Some of the combat orientated DLC such as Heavy Squad or the latter stages of Khan were harder than the entire base game! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CraigyXO said:

There’s a wall I’m hugging that was recommended in a video but ultimately I end up panicking and running loops which usually ends in my death due to the shrieker enemies. Surprisingly this is going to feel quite rewarding by the time I eventually conquer it... was expecting an easy platinum haha. 

I just watched a small clip and I'm definitely mixing up the stages in my head unfortunately. I suggest finding out at exactly which part you break away from the vid you're watching and do what works best for you. Especially using everything at your disposal. Sometimes a little panicking works out if you can kill more than usual even if you waste some ammo.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

Tried to do this normally but it was super difficult for me. As i was writing the trophy guide and looking up stuff i came across this glitch so i used it.

I don’t blame you at all. It’s ruthlessly difficult. Thank you for your guide by the way! 

17 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I just watched a small clip and I'm definitely mixing up the stages in my head unfortunately. I suggest finding out at exactly which part you break away from the vid you're watching and do what works best for you. Especially using everything at your disposal. Sometimes a little panicking works out if you can kill more than usual even if you waste some ammo.

I think it’s going to just be a persistence thing. I’ve got super close. I’ve got to the last few enemies a handful of times but I’d used all my health packs and an enemy only had to so much as sneeze in my direction and I’m dead. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CraigyXO said:

Guys I did it... and the game crashed. My luck is unbelievable. Needless to say I have now used the exploit on that portion as I know I’ve done it. First time Metro Redux has ever crashed on me. What are the odds? 

The odds are actually really good if you're among the shittiest luck in the world club. Welcome to our elite group. :awesome:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...