Vincicenzo

Triple Crown Tips?

9 posts in this topic

I tried multiple methods from various sources online but none of them seem to work consistently.  It seemed impossible to make the trophy anymore difficult from last year but it seems like no matter what sliders or custom rosters or abilities you change the QB/FB/Punter just refuses to let go of the ball.  If you got this trophy how did you get it and what tips do you have to make it easier on myself and other people looking for the platinum?

This trophy is super finicky. This is by no means a sure-fire way to get this to work, but for me this is what I did and it worked perfectly fine for me. Taken from my walkthrough on another site (requires two controllers) and it would appear to have helped others (touch wood). Put fumble sliders down too, before the game. 

Step 1: Firstly, ensure Player 1 is on Defense and Player 2 is on offense. As Player 2, select the following play – Play Type > Special Teams > Fake Punt w/ Release. Then, as Player 1, select the following play – Formation > Quarter > Man up 3 Deep.

Step 2: Once the play loads, Press X + LS (up) and L1 + LS (up) as Player 1. This will shift everyone backward noticeably, meaning that you only need to worry about the offensive AI recovering the ball.

Step 3: Next, take one of Player 1’s defensive players in the backfield (e.g. not on the line of scrimmage) and put him to the left of Player 2’s punter (not too close). He is illegally offside, but this is a good thing.

Step 4: As Player 2, snap the ball, and as Player 1 perform a strip tackle with R1. Hitting him from the back or side in the process is normally the most successful, and should nearly always cause a fumble. The tricky part is reclaiming the ball with the same defender, as Player 2’s offensive line will also try reclaiming the ball. I personally found that after forcing that fumble that highlighting approaching Player 2 players with Circle and moving them away from the ball helps a lot. If you find that you’re consistently getting beaten, you can also allow Player 2 to run the punter backward a bit first, giving you more space.

Step 5: This will ALWAYS result in a penalty. However, this gives us infinite retries. If we fail, have Player 2 ACCEPT the penalty, repeating the process from Step 1 – 4. If we succeed, have Player 2 DECLINE the penalty, and the achievement will pop thereafter.

Edited by PhantomFear94

Yes, pretty sure I used Phantom’s method and never had an issue getting it on other version of Madden’s.  Should happen pretty easily IIRC.  I have not played Madden 20 yet but I imagine it is the same.

The most annoying thing for this (at least for me) is right after my player stripped the ball from the backside (his body would get caught under the QB if I tried it from the front side), he rolls to the ground, and then does ANOTHER POINTLESS roll that would usually mean he would get up late and would not get the ball before someone else did. Thankfully my player did get up (after this infuriating second roll) and I managed to get the trophy.

19 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

This trophy is super finicky. This is by no means a sure-fire way to get this to work, but for me this is what I did and it worked perfectly fine for me. Taken from my walkthrough on another site (requires two controllers) and it would appear to have helped others (touch wood). Put fumble sliders down too, before the game. 

Step 1: Firstly, ensure Player 1 is on Defense and Player 2 is on offense. As Player 2, select the following play – Play Type > Special Teams > Fake Punt w/ Release. Then, as Player 1, select the following play – Formation > Quarter > Man up 3 Deep.

Step 2: Once the play loads, Press X + LS (up) and L1 + LS (up) as Player 1. This will shift everyone backward noticeably, meaning that you only need to worry about the offensive AI recovering the ball.

Step 3: Next, take one of Player 1’s defensive players in the backfield (e.g. not on the line of scrimmage) and put him to the left of Player 2’s punter (not too close). He is illegally offside, but this is a good thing.

Step 4: As Player 2, snap the ball, and as Player 1 perform a strip tackle with R1. Hitting him from the back or side in the process is normally the most successful, and should nearly always cause a fumble. The tricky part is reclaiming the ball with the same defender, as Player 2’s offensive line will also try reclaiming the ball. I personally found that after forcing that fumble that highlighting approaching Player 2 players with Circle and moving them away from the ball helps a lot. If you find that you’re consistently getting beaten, you can also allow Player 2 to run the punter backward a bit first, giving you more space.

Step 5: This will ALWAYS result in a penalty. However, this gives us infinite retries. If we fail, have Player 2 ACCEPT the penalty, repeating the process from Step 1 – 4. If we succeed, have Player 2 DECLINE the penalty, and the achievement will pop thereafter.

Thanks a lot for your advice.  I didn't really have a problem with the fumble with your method just his offensive line picking up the ball.  Well, at least I won't have to do that again until next year. xD

I tried to do in fake punt, but the punter never fumbles the ball. Change to QB and Fitzpatrick always fumbles. 

Use a player to force the fumble and change to another player. If the AI recovers the fumble, the trophy pops, better than you try to recever yourself with other AI and OL trying to get too.

I did Rams x Dolphins, rain, with Clay Matthews,

13 minutes ago, RattlesnakeBR said:

I tried to do in fake punt, but the punter never fumbles the ball. Change to QB and Fitzpatrick always fumbles. 

Use a player to force the fumble and change to another player. If the AI recovers the fumble, the trophy pops, better than you try to recever yourself with other AI and OL trying to get too.

I did Rams x Dolphins, rain, with Clay Matthews,

How did you get the edited rosters to work? Every time I edit to 99's and 0's I go to Play Now and the rosters resort to default. 

Posted (edited)

Really not enjoying this trophy because no matter how many fumbles I manage the QB to make, either a teammate (seemingly) appears out of nowhere or an offensive player picks up the ball.

Getting the Head-toHead trophy without any of my mates playing Madden is actually going to be the easier trophy I can tell.

Phantom, I'll be trying your method & hopefully it'll work.

EDIT

Finally got it, probably out of sheer luck, so can move on lol

Edited by James_A7X
Just an update.