Have you ever been so determined to get a trophy you refused to give up?

charxsetsuna

As the title says is there any trophy you have gotten so determined to get that you refused to give up?

I once played lunar lander for hours non stop to get a trophy, its one of my rarest but to this day I still don't know why i was so determined.  Playing a single level of lunar lander over and over for hours got dull I can say that much.

• Like 1

There are couple that I instantly thought of. Black Ops Veteran run - Executive Order (Cold Warrior) took more attempts than I care to admit or even remember. And Protective Father in Teslagrad was quite painful. To the point where I went kinda numb and just repeated the thing until I got it.

Edited by Road2unner

When the game involves some "beat x time on this trial", I usually give some weeks before I try again. I call those "Mile High trophies". My only exception was ...Becomes the Master, on Titanfall 2. Spent well over 6hrs trying to complete this trophy alone.

I think I never let the challenge get the best of my sanity. Bought the game, least I can do is platinum it and honor my money's worth.

Edited by kaltezhan
  • Like 1

So it definitely wasn't my hardest or rarest trophy, but after i platinumed Kingdom hearts 1 i wanted to do the same with KH2 in the 1.5 + 2.5 collection. However the organisation XIII secret end game bosses... i beat 3 with easy and the rest f**kd me up good. i guess playing them back to back was too much so I neglected it for about a year. When i came back? beat all but 2 in the first try a year later.

Edited: if that doesn't cut it then the playing 1000 Jason matches of Friday the 13th online took me about 3 months.

Edited by Randel_shazeab
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Randel_shazeab said:

So it definitely wasn't my hardest or rarest trophy, but after i platinumed Kingdom hearts 1 i wanted to do the same with KH2 in the 1.5 + 2.5 collection. However the organisation XIII secret end game bosses... i beat 3 with easy and the rest f**kd me up good. i guess playing them back to back was too much so I neglected it for about a year. When i came back? beat all but 2 in the first try a year later.

Edited: if that doesn't cut it then the playing 1000 Jason matches of Friday the 13th online took me about 3 months.

I've heard about the Friday the 13th trophies,  I definitely would not have the patience for that.

1 minute ago, charxsetsuna said:

I've heard about the Friday the 13th trophies,  I definitely would not have the patience for that.

If i wasn't playing with my friend , i wouldn't have had the patience aswell and quit after a few weeks. With regular play i got all but the 1000 Jason matches trophy, therefore my completionist in me took over and i grinded it out. i took a break of a few months after getting the platinum, now i just play casual whenever we can.

1 hour ago, reiner- said:

Getting rank 50 in RDR2.

God damn that was painful. Couldn't tell you how many hours that took.

Luckily by the time I decided to go for the platinum I was like mid-20s, so the grind to that wasn't too bad really. 

My answer was actually going the plat for Red Dead 2, but specifically the 100% and 70 gold trophies. 100% was more of a major ground than a hard challenge, but the 70 gold missions was ridiculous. I didn't totally mind replaying the whole story since it's one of my favorite narratives in games, but trying to get a gold in 70 missions is ridiculous. Moreover, they made it harder than GTA V's 70 gold missions trophy because in RDR2 you have to get all the requirements to get a gold in one try without dying or restarting a checkpoint as compared to GTA V where you can basically do the requirements one at a time. The plat overall took me 300 hours.

Yes, a few occasions (Mega Man Legacy Collection challenges, Crash Bandicoot Stormy Ascent DLC, and a couple levels on League of Evil come to mind). There are others too.  Hours and sometimes it make take days to complete. Sometimes I think something is wrong with me because of my unwillingness to give up.

1 hour ago, reiner- said:

Getting rank 50 in RDR2.

God damn that was painful. Couldn't tell you how many hours that took.

Yeah I gave up on that too. Rank goes up in little dribbles barely seems like you’re making progress. I kinda regret it now cos I would have had it finished but god it’s a pain in the ass ?

10 minutes ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Yes, a few occasions (Mega Man Legacy Collection challenges, Crash Bandicoot Stormy Ascent DLC, and a couple levels on League of Evil come to mind). There are others too.  Hours and sometimes it make take days to complete. Sometimes I think something is wrong with me because of my unwillingness to give up.

That’s why we call you MrTrofyHuntr ?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Horizon6077 said:

Reach level 150 in Ultimate Team in UFC, I got it in 2 sessions, one session of around 24h and one of 12h 

damn dude, that is insane, 24 hrs in a row of the same thing over and over?  I don’t think I have done that with anything gaming or otherwise!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, djb5f said:

damn dude, that is insane, 24 hrs in a row of the same thing over and over?  I don’t think I have done that with anything gaming or otherwise!

Yep.. it was pretty boring fighting all the time but netflix kept me alive haha. Just wanted to get this platinum done.

• Like 1

The Champion trophy in Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - getting all 96 gold medals in the Festival. It was infuriatingly difficult and the AI cheat so much in the Rank 7 and 8 events. I don't know why I was so determined to get that trophy considering it wasn't even for the platinum! When I finally got it I thought to myself, "Was it really even worth it??". The answer is no. No it wasn't ?

• Like 1