Tips for Risk Taker

Sebulba2000

Ok, so I just got the trophy and 100%ed the DLC. I can say it wasn't as hard as I expected. So what I did and I think is the best method was:

1. I played on Beginner NG+ with Ultima Weapon
2. I opened every treasure chest and took a photo of every lucky emblem
3. When I set my equipment, I always choose the things with most defense and strength, the resistance and magic didn't really matter if I had to choose between it and strength/defense
4. I got every useful bonus (Defense Boost, etc) from every minigame
5. I finished EVERY main story boss with ALL the codes on - this is the best method, I know it's hard, but you'll thank yourself in the data battles, trust me.
6. I leveled myself up to LVL 99
7. I cooked every meal and then used it in combat, as it really helps
8. I fully upgraded my Ultima Weapon
9. Be sure to fight Dark Inferno, too. He gives you points as well. I did him with only Default Stats off, however it is tough, so you might as well turn Zero Defense off.
10. In the DLC, only the Armored Xehanort matters, so you can turn off all the codes except No Cure, then die intentionally on the final fight and again, Default Stats and Zero Defense off.
11. In the Data Battles I did Luxord with all the codes, as nothing will really help except Zero Defense and he is still very doable
12. As for the other Data Battles, your strategy should be turning Default Stats, Zero Defense, MP Slip and No Links off. Buy a lot of Hi-Ethers and Mega-Ethers, then just try fighting the guys and try to spam with Ariel in their DM, or when you need to heal.
13. I got my trophy while defeating Xion (didn't even have to fight Xehanort and keep in mind you can always try doing Yozora if you're missing points)

Good luck! It's not that hard :D

• Like 2

These tips are very good. I've managed to complete all the base story bosses with the exception of Dark Inferno (until I get more DEF/ATK boosts crafted) with all of the Pro Codes activated. There was one, the battle with Xemnas, Young Xehanort and Ansem that kind of pushed me to turn off No Battle Items, that has only been a 750 point reduction though so doesn't really affect the amount of Organization members I have to defeat anyway (which is 10, and I may have some leeway with Dark Inferno so I might turn off battle items for him too if it's needed).

I didn't find it too difficult. Magic is useful in this mode mainly for curing if you use the Chef keyblade plus an accessory with Wizard's Ruse. It has actually helped me in some tight spots. The final battles are so easy just down to the amount of checkpoints you have to work with.

I haven't gotten the trophy just yet, only missing about 5 data fights now. I've done just about everything you've done in base game aswell minus doing all the mini games & getting all chests for the stat boosts since they aren't really necessary. 

But the set up for the data battles I've been using is as follows.

Default Stats off, No Cure off & No Battle Items off & load up with all Hi-Ether's = 16875 Points per Data Battle. I used this for Marluxia as Ariel doesn't work very well against him since he'll teleport away 90% of the time & get little to no damage off anyway.

For everyone else I've used this set up.

Default Stats off, MP Slip off, No Battle Items off & No Links off & load up with all Hi-Ether's = 16250 Points per Data Battle. Basically same tactic as the post. Find openings & get as many hits in as you can & then use the Ariel summon to heal/when you're in a spot where it can do a lot of damage to them.

Your method you listed for all the data battles with the set up Default Stats off, Zero Defense off, MP Slip off, No Links off & I imagine you have No Battle Items turned off as well since you said to bring a lot of Hi-Ether's. That'd net you 13,750 Points per Data Battle. I personally feel like having Zero Defense off is kinda pointless since you still take quite a bit of damage anyway & makes you lose out on 2500 points per fight when it's extremely doable without it on.

I highly recommend checking out WillJV2's playlist of all the Data battles with no damage on critical to find openings that you easily punish. It's one of the reasons I've made it pretty far without having to rely to much on Ariel & having to turn off some other restrictions.

10 hours ago, Fran_Bankai said:

Hi guys, do you know if the trophies "All-rounder" and "Risk-taker" are stackable? Or do we have to play two entire playthroughs, one for the E-Z merits and another for the PRO merits?

Thanks in advance.

After beating Yozora, press square to load your save file and go to the main story. You can now do the merits

I just obtained this trophy and if you could beat the main game and remind dlc with all scores it’ll give you enough breathing room to turn off some codes for the data bosses. The main game the only boss I didn’t beat all codes on was dark inferno. I had stats and zero defense turned off giving me 15,500 points and the data bosses I was able to pop the trophy without having to fight xigbar, xion, xehanort and yozora. Yes, I was able to avoid 4 bosses and still pop the trophy! I will be working on a detail guide the way I did it to help others who are having a difficult time as well, keep in mind that I’m not a pro either but I did discover a good method to achieve this! 

Edited by Ryuzaki_Ex
  • Like 1

Definitely go for near max points in story (I only turned off battle items of the threesome fight at the end). Then after you have done story, farm mats for about 90 DEF boosts. It will make everything really madly easy. I could have done the data battles with only No Links and MP Slip turned off, it was that easy, the only data battle I found myself having to use an Elixir in was Ansem's, the others I didn't even have to be bothered. The DEF boosts and maybe some attack boosts though are the things that are really going to make your time getting this trophy much easier at the end, only had to fight 10 of the 13 data battles for the trophy to finally pop for me. The hardest part of this trophy is actually some story bosses but it is possible to do all of them but the one I mentioned (I really do think it's possible for it too, just have to play on the defensive more which I don't really do much of) with all the Pro Codes on.

• Like 1

it's really not that hard if you're familiar with data boss patterns from Limit Cut already

did beginner NG+ aswell

i didn't open chests except for some upgrade material ones along the way, didn't take any Lucky Emblem fotos and didn't upgrade any keyblade to max (had Ultima like 3 levels off) just rushed through the game as fast as i could

i ate food maybe 3x in the whole playthrough

i used all codes for all main story bosses except Lump of Horror, Skoll, Triple Xehanort and Final Xehanort where i turned shotlocks on because the Ultimate shotlock is crazy AoE damage and Ever After or Hero's Origin let you heal

i leveled to 99 after the main story with the battle gate in Olympus (not the top one) just using Ultima and Simba's finisher were enough to beat it in like 30 sec and got to 99 super quick

then did Data Bosses with Base Stat and Zero Defense codes disabled. Only had to defeat around 10 Data Bosses + Dark Inferno which were a joke on Beginner 99

No need to bash your head against something like Lump of Horror with all codes when you can make it 10x easier and only miss out on like 500 points

Edited by Mikyumi
  • Like 2

On 2/10/2020 at 8:34 PM, Mikyumi said:

No need to bash your head against something like Lump of Horror with all codes when you can make it 10x easier and only miss out on like 500 points

Totally agree, I just beat Lump of Horror by turning Items OFF, and kept everything else ON. I equipped myself with 3 Potions and a Hi-Potion, with Cuisines for Defense and HP, beat it 1st try. Was not going to spend forever on it and possibly raging, instead of the full 10,000 Points, I got 9,250 Points. Every other boss up to that point, I had everything ON for maximum Points, which brings my total right now to 59,250 Points, only a 750 Point penalty and totally worth it.

Edited by Nitemares-----

Literally the best tip is just do some math. 

I can't remember exactly so don't follow this but I'm pretty sure I turned stats back on at Lump of Horror and left them on. Turned defense on at Dark Inferno. Turned items on for Limit Young Xehanort then switched it to Cure for the rest. Then turned Kupo Coins on for Xehanort and Xion and ended with 365,125, almost exactly what's needed.

As long as you micro manage the math, you can keep yourself pretty healthy. Every major roadblock I just reassessed my math lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

I just beated it with all codes on.
I used grandchef keyblade for healing since it has an ability which helas you as you spend MP, so I casted a lot of fira on him when I was low on health, then switched back to ultima weapon for dishing out damage.
I was at level 31 with standard equipment.
:)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Thanks for the tips guys, I'm pretty ass at the game, but found the Yozora fight on standard much more difficult than the beginner PRO code run, though it took a hell of a lot longer to do. I upgraded Ultima to the max before limit cut, levelled to 99 at battlegate 1, and got all lucky emblems as I progressed since you get the best items from the rewards. Abilities all went to air combo, combo, jump and glide - No freeform or magic. Used the grandchef blade to heal early, but it was too unreliable and switched to items for some fights. Here's where I turned off PRO codes, otherwise kept everything ON for the rest. Finished at Xion, did not need to fight limit cut Master Xenahort or Yozora. Hope it helps.

Items OFF

Skoll

Ansem, Xemnas, Young Xehanort Group

Armored Xehanort

Master Xehanort (original fight)

Armored Xehanort DLC

Luxord

Stats OFF, MP slip OFF, Links OFF

Dark Inferno

Ansem

Xigbar

Dark Riku