Can you platinum this game??

tony_snake_24

I read online that you need some specific-brand fitness wristband to track distance and unlock rewards in-game (characters, cards, etc.) to encourage kids to go out and do more physical activity, so unless you own that wristband or there's any workaround I guess some trophies are locked behind a "paywall".

• Like 4

'Aces of the Multiverse' es un juego que se practica en múltiples realidades paralelas. A un lado están nuestros personajes de ciencia ficción, que compiten en un emocionante torneo. Al otro lado están los jugadores, quienes, desde su propio universo verdadero y con la ayuda de su smartwatch Xplora, pueden desbloquear nuevos personajes, equipamientos y estadios.

'Aces of the Multiverse' is a game that is practiced in multiple parallel realities. On one side are our science fiction characters, who compete in an exciting tournament. On the other side are the players, who, from their own true universe and with the help of their Xplora smartwatch, can unlock new characters, equipment and stadiums.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
5 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

I live in Sweden and I am now trying to get a pre-paid 4G sim card from Norway to use with my two Xplora watches. The problem is that I need to register it with the norwegian operators, which is taking some time. I have also contacted the devs both via email and Twitter for an alternative solution, but as of yet they haven't gotten back to me.

I was thinking of a similar strategy, just getting a sim card from overseas sent to me and hooking it up, but I wasn't sure how well that would work, if at all. Idk if the sim card would even work at all, I read that foreign SIMs would just deactivate themselves permanently if hooked up to a phone in the wrong country but idk. I also don't have one of the watches and I live over in Australia where those things don't even exist, as much as I'd love to try and go for this plat I don't think its a physical possibility for me.

Would love to hear how you go with it

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Smashero said:

We had some small discussion about it here:

Thank you, that was a good read. So the watch is 100% necessary for trophies but the servers seemingly are dead, great. Oh and only a select few countries can even have a chance at it. Just wonderful.

On the bright side, if the servers are truly shut down, it will save us the money and hassle of buying that watch. Kinda wish I hadn't claimed it in the first place when it was part of ps plus.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

It's not possible to connect an Xplora 3S to Aces of the Multiverse. I'm in the UK with a GiffGaff mobile sim.

Not only does a 11-digit number (UK standard) or 10-digit excluding +44 pop up as "wrong number length", it limits you to 9-digits before you get to "cannot connect to server".

There's barely any information on the web aside from this forum post, on how to connect. In-game states about using "the sync menu", which the 3S does not have. The X5 Play has the sync menu, according to the Xplora support guides.

I **could** try with another network provider and another Xplora smartwatch, so I'll likely update this post once I manage to nab an X5 Play on the cheap (3S for £13, not too shabby for a glorified Pokewalker).

EDIT 1: 09/02/23 - I've emailed the Xplora customer support (I was hesitant as I bought a pre-owned watch, but regardless they're helping in some form). Apparently, there is a workaround for the Xplora 3S to connect to the game with a UK SIM! I will update if there is any information that is of use.

EDIT 2: Imgur link here for anyone who wants to follow along. This will be updated. https://imgur.com/a/rA6q1Ui

EDIT 3: 10/02/23 - According to Xplora customer support:

The only way that you will be able to pair the device with the game is if your coverage is very strong.
Unfortunately, the game needs a very good network for the download.

Unless both the PS4/5 and the Xplora need to be on the same network in order to sync (not wired, or on SIM, so Wi-Fi), I am following up with the issue with the phone numbers.

EDIT 4: 11/02/23 - Digging up what I can on the 3S, the 3S can be connected to Wi-Fi, provided that it's on a 2.4Ghz network, with a password less than 12 characters (no special characters either). I've managed to connect my 3S to Wi-Fi somehow (there's no documentation on the app on how to do so, plus the watch states "You need to configure Wi-Fi from the app") - here's a Reddit post on how to connect:

I've updated the Imgur link with further screenshots of the support emails. Gammera Nest have not responded to me via Twitter or email yet.

EDIT 5: You CANNOT connect the watch to Wi-Fi via the Android App. You can ONLY connect the 3S to Wi-Fi via the iPhone app.

Edited by frontzie
Wi-Fi
  • Like 4

New post time, as this is important.

Whilst the game has the option of choosing the UK, France, Germany, Norway, Italy and Spain, to set up the Xplora smartwatches, it has been confirmed by Xplora support that the "wrong phone number length" is due to the game only supporting Xplora smartwatches in Spain. Spanish dev company, for Spanish markets only.

cJ5CrJh.png

If you have an Xplora smartwatch and a copy of the game and you're in the UK, France, Germany, Norway or Italy; the platinum is unobtainable.

Gammera Nest never got back to me via email, LinkedIn or Twitter.

EDIT: Xplora support have also confirmed that the partnership between Xplora and Gammera Nest has expired. As a result, the platinum is unobtainable, even in Spain.

MLEgkGV.png

Not the news we wanted to hear, likely what we already knew but at least we have confirmation.

Edited by frontzie
plat unobtainable.
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...