Tell me why I should bother with Brutal difficulty

I know it's not necessary for the Platinum. I'm not overly bothered with 100% in games with DLC. I have a lot of Platinums below 100% since they were PS+ games and I didn't want to buy DLC for a game I didn't own. 

This, however, is something else. I've been playing chapter 3 for about an hour and I haven't got past the bit where you have to arm four bombs. What's the point in even persisting with something so obviously broken?

1 minute ago, stpatty said:

I know it's not necessary for the Platinum. I'm not overly bothered with 100% in games with DLC. I have a lot of Platinums below 100% since they were PS+ games and I didn't want to buy DLC for a game I didn't own. 

This, however, is something else. I've been playing chapter 3 for about an hour and I haven't got past the bit where you have to arm four bombs. What's the point in even persisting with something so obviously broken?

Are you using the tweaks? It's not too bad with those on

Well if you don't care about being completionist about it, then do not. I've done 1 and 3 on brutal difficulty and yes it was doable but there were definitely few moments that felt ridiculously broken, making me question why I even do this mode as it felt like it doesn't make any sense to be in the game and probably wasn't even tested.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Well I was going to say you should bother with it to see the most perfect example of a poorly designed "supah hahd" difficulty, but it seems like you are already aware.

I don't know. I remember turning up the sliders on TES: Oblivion. I wore down 4 weapons fighting a single enemy.

32 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

Are you using the tweaks? It's not too bad with those on

The tweaks glitch doesn't work in U2 with the digital version.

I've tried to get through chapter 3. I got halfway. I'm done. It won't be worth it. I don't know how the completion rate for this is so high, even considering how many people might have been able to add the tweaks. 

• Like 2

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

I don't know. I remember turning up the sliders on TES: Oblivion. I wore down 4 weapons fighting a single enemy.

I haven't played the game...but considering you wore them down meant you could actually hit them lmfao.

I just haven't come across a more broken difficulty like Brutal in any generation of gaming that I can remember. Permadeath modes, lack of checkpoints, grenade spam...none of those types of mechanics have anything on Brutal imo.

If it gets to the point where trying to get through Brutal mode begins to greatly diminish your enjoyment of the game overall, then I would probably stop, especially if you aren't concerned with getting 100%. Although I may be a completionist, I realize that sometimes going for some extremely difficult achievements does not allow me to look back on the game overall the same as I would be able to if I would have just been content stopping at the point where I felt like I got the most out of the experience. That's just my take though :) I'm sure with enough dedication and some breaks you could get past Brutal (and tweaks). 

It's way harder than Uncharted 1 IMO, I had to go out and get the physical copy because I knew just from playing Crushing there was no way I was gonna be able to beat Brutal with out the glitched tweaks. Glad I did, because Brutal with tweaks is still a pain and yet somehow slightly easier than doing Crushing without any tweaks (with exception to some very specific and cheesy parts where Brutal just teehee's you). What sucks is you can't glitch weapon select like you could in Uncharted 1 :( but hey I'm not picky I'm just glad to have fast motion, infinite ammo, and one shot kills back. If you own the digital version like I started with then you might just wanna try and then cut it right there when you start getting close to breaking a controller, if you own the physical copy or aren't opposed to buying it, then you can totally do this. I got mine for $10 used at Gamestop, but I see $15 on Amazon for new, I just didn't want to wait.  The first games controls were fresh in my mind and I felt like that would somehow make the 2nd game a cake walk LOL, well yes and no.

Edited by Asmund89

On 2/4/2020 at 0:33 PM, stpatty said:

I don't know how the completion rate for this is so high, even considering how many people might have been able to add the tweaks. 

DLC trophies are calculated weirdly. Would probably be UR if it was included in the base game list.

Besides what's already been said, there's a way to roll back patches on PS4. Could try to do that, as I may at some point. Too cheap to buy something I already own again. :P But I also might not bother, because it's a hassle and/or I don't know if I care enough.

1 hour ago, Asmund89 said:

It's way harder than Uncharted 1 IMO, I had to go out and get the physical copy because I knew just from playing Crushing there was no way I was gonna be able to beat Brutal with out the glitched tweaks. Glad I did, because Brutal with tweaks is still a pain and yet somehow slightly easier than doing Crushing without any tweaks (with exception to some very specific and cheesy parts where Brutal just teehee's you). What sucks is you can't glitch weapon select like you could in Uncharted 1 :( but hey I'm not picky I'm just glad to have fast motion, infinite ammo, and one shot kills back. If you own the digital version like I started with then you might just wanna try and then cut it right there when you start getting close to breaking a controller, if you own the physical copy or aren't opposed to buying it, then you can totally do this. I got mine for $10 used at Gamestop, but I see $15 on Amazon for new, I just didn't want to wait.  The first games controls were fresh in my mind and I felt like that would somehow make the 2nd game a cake walk LOL, well yes and no.

Just to inform that you can still use the Glitch with the Digital Version as long as you get the unpatched version. For that, you'll need to use a proxy to block the PS4 from downloading the patches while it's downloading the digital game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TugaSonic said:

Just to inform that you can still use the Glitch with the Digital Version as long as you get the unpatched version. For that, you'll need to use a proxy to block the PS4 from downloading the patches while it's downloading the digital game.

OH GOD WHYYYYY LOL, Well there goes $10....Thank you, I did something like this for FF15 on my guest room ps4 and it's just sitting there waiting for me. But I didn't even think to do it for this game.

On 2/6/2020 at 4:33 PM, BeautifulTorment said:

Because the plat is worthless without that sweet sweet hundo.

I disagree ahem, 100%

It still says 'Platinum' number so and so, on my list of platinums. Look at Driveclub or Train Simulator. 2 games with endless DLC.

Not everyone will want to buy every one, so if you got the plat, you still got the plat.

As for the original post, i will not even attempt Brutal or the full game speed runs of this collection. Fook that.

Like Jamie Foxx said: 'I got options, a-wooo!' or 'Don't need it!'

Edited by TheGoaler
Added a sentence