Difficulty compared to Just Cause 3

AJ_Radio

The challenges have completely ruined Just Cause 3 for me. Also stability problems such as massive frame rate drops and the Square Enix servers never working consistently have made an otherwise alright game a chore to get through.

For anyone who has played and completed Just Cause 4, what can I expect out of it? Is it easier, is it less time consuming? Are the servers at least more stable with that game?

Edited by Spaz

27 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The challenges have completed ruined Just Cause 3 for me. Also stability problems such as massive frame rate drops and the Square Enix servers never working consistently have made an otherwise alright game a chore to get through.

For anyone who has played and completed Just Cause 4, what can I expect out of it? Is it easier, is it less time consuming? Are the servers at least more stable with that game?

It's alot easier in my opinion and I feel alot more stable aswell. It's actually so much easier I think it's a direct insult in response to our complaints on the difficulty of 3.....

6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Just Cause 3 was hard? The only hard thing that i remember was one of those bomb car challenges but it was literally glitched for everyone.

Some of the challenges, notably the Wingsuit challenges 'Maxime Tour' and 'Mountain Marathon Tour' spike up the difficulty. Most of the content isn't that bad.

I hope Just Cause 4 doesn't have that kind of crap in it.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Some of the challenges, notably the Wingsuit challenges 'Maxime Tour' and 'Mountain Marathon Tour' spike up the difficulty. Most of the content isn't that bad.

I hope Just Cause 4 doesn't have that kind of crap in it.

Probably the most annoying challenges would be getting a specific vehicle through a ring where that vehicle has no business being like a boat in the middle of a highway far inland or a sports car above a tall windmill but that just takes Abit of ingenuity and balloon grapples

Just now, Taliesin_2943 said:

Probably the most annoying challenges would be getting a specific vehicle through a ring where that vehicle has no business being like a boat in the middle of a highway far inland or a sports car above a tall windmill but that just takes Abit of ingenuity and balloon grapples

Getting the Squalo out of that fucking lake was just stupid. I don't know what they were thinking about when they designed it that way.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

laguna blast is easy when you learn, the devs just wanted you to drive the car along the beach, and jump out as you hit the large rock at the end of the beach, as for the wingsuit challenges. there's 2 things you can do, either practice and do the mountain tour till you complete it, and then your basically good to go as you will have the skills to do any and all after that, thats how I did it.

or you can do absolutely every little thing the game offers, and then use the bavarium wingsuit from the dlc to finish the challenges. and with that thing u can 180 in the air basically on the spot and fly back the way you came skimming the whole way and racking up points. but you should back up first, as installing the dlc adds new locations to the base map which can mess up trophy progress.

there's only one boat race that is hard, where you have to do a high speed turn through a minefield and the dlc boat would make spectacularly short work of that too but you don't need it, I just used the standard speedboat but with maxxed NItrous.

however in jc4 the wingsuit challenges are a joke, the rings u gotta fly through are 5x the size and there's like 5 total in a course, my friend did the whole game in under a week it's not hard at all.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 3

4 was a hell of alot easier. it didnt have much explosions. it was kind of a weak thrown together game that felt low budget compared to the rest. on jc3 i ruined 2 controllers on those air diving missions through the loops. a few challenges on jc3 took me i believe a week just to finally ace one. 

• Like 2

Having platted Just Cause 2, 3 and 4 I would say 4 is the easiest by far, I enjoyed it however I feel it was a step back in a lot of free roam and screwing around that JC3 had. You are more limited in what you can do when goofing off which is a shame because the addition of the upgrades to JC4 is a welcome one 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2020 at 4:03 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

It's alot easier in my opinion and I feel alot more stable aswell. It's actually so much easier I think it's a direct insult in response to our complaints on the difficulty of 3.....

Oh yes, tell me about it. Waaaay less frame rate drops in 4 as opposed to 3. Thank God. 

And yes @Spaz JC4 is a lot easier to Plat than 3. If you just look at the guides, JC3 is rated 6/10 at 90 hours and JC4 isn’t rated at 3/10 at 40 hours, which I find to be accurate. Not only is it easier but it’s just a lot better. Enhanced gameplay, more vehicles, a story that’s just as good if not better than 3’s, and most prominently - much fewer frame drops. 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The main game was short and easy, most of the DLC too aside from an annoying skateboarding one (really). But this one really put me off the series. I enjoyed JC2 and 3, but JC4 I spent about 75% of my time just wandering around the map trying to find and do challenges. Most of them are easy to actually pull off, aside from some tricky balloon juggling with a few...it's more finding the locations. You can use a map of course but even with that it takes ages. Ultimately, it was just really boring and there were far, far too many that served no purpose in terms of story or extra content aside from such pointless colours for your gear. I much preferred the challenges in earlier games - yes they were more tricky but they were (mostly) fun. The only fun I really had with the game was in the racing DLC.

• Like 3