100%

funker1987

• 3 months later...

Well the campaign is ok.

There are some missions that are hard and almost unfair.

But that are only some.

I don't know if the different Fleet's trophy works through the campain.

I did that with another player.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Let me preface this with saying that the standard game of battleship obviously has to have RNG with AI for a more "immersive" battleship experience and it's trivial to strategize a win when you're evenly matched. But the campaign missions were an enormous pain in the ass (IMO) because they're essentially unfair due to both mission handicaps & RNG

This is the first game campaign to legitimately make me "rage" in a while.

I personally despise games that either:

1. Heavily rely on RNG (over skill/strategy because you can easily, fairly have both)

or

2. That give you logistically ridiculous handicaps.

I've had about 6-8 hours of gameplay (partially due to replay because of crash & corrupts) & about a dozen or so instances of loading up campaign missions and getting WIPED in 4-6 turns, before I can even stockpile the appropriate amount of resources to win, or in many cases, find a single opposing ship (because I suck). That kind of logistically unreasonable shit kills me.  When the opponent's full fleet requires 17 "resource hits" for a win but eliminates all of my ships before I can even stockpile enough resource to gain the potential to win, it's not fun (IMO) because there's nothing to learn or adapt to. It's basically play until you're lucky enough to win which is tedious & lame.

My most time consuming instance was one of the earlier missions where they give you less resource acquisition, and give your enemy lower resource requirement for "powers" along with regular resource acquisition. The enemy had my map nearly clear within 5 turns every time, until one instance where I was allowed to get to turn 7 because it decided not to use powers for whatever reason, and I was able to win, finally.

This game rode way more on the side of "difficult" than "challenging" for me. But replaying the missions so many times for no real reason gave me a good amount of miscellaneous trophies, including the fleet-related trophies where applicable within the campaign.