KKrischanz

How enjoyable is this without friends?

7 posts in this topic

I'm quite interested in Monster Hunter but have no friends playing it. That's fine, I largely prefer playing on my own and so I have two questions for veterans out there.

 

1. Is this game easy (relatively)/playable/fun when playing solo?

 

2. Although I prefer solo, I do like the occasional "drop in" multiplayer in games that have decently functioning online systems. Is it easy/convenient to play with randoms?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it's still really fun solo. You can play the whole game solo if you want, it's just a bit more challenging. You also don't directly need friends on psn to join other people's games, so yes it is very easy and convenient to do so. All you do is choose which hunt you wanna join from the hunt journal/hunt board/whichever and simply join an ongoing one. Couldn't be easier. Also the community as a whole is incredibly friendly and willing you teach you anything you need help with. Never been involved in a more friendly community.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 i think this game can be fun when playing solo, but will be more difficult offcourse

2 playing online is pretty easy, you can always ask help from randoms or you can join them if you looking for sos rooms

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game isn't too hard solo, but it is slightly more challenging when not playing with other players (for the most part). With the addition of Iceborne, a strong armor set (accessible from literally the beginning of the game) and a new weapon tree (for each weapon type) were added into the game specifically for people to have an easier time and to get to the expansion much faster. So the base game actually got easier, but you don't have use said equipment to make it easier on yourself, if you prefer the original challenge.

With that said, the game is a lot of fun, and also surprisingly a lot of fun can be had when playing with randoms. Playing with other players is super accessible; you can use what's called an "SOS Flare" any time during any quest (with the exception of main story quests where you need to watch all available cutscenes first, but the game lets you know when the feature becomes available). This allows you to let other people join and drop into your quest, and of course, you can do the same thing by joining other players' quests while their SOS is active.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

Yeah it's still really fun solo. You can play the whole game solo if you want, it's just a bit more challenging. You also don't directly need friends on psn to join other people's games, so yes it is very easy and convenient to do so. All you do is choose which hunt you wanna join from the hunt journal/hunt board/whichever and simply join an ongoing one. Couldn't be easier. Also the community as a whole is incredibly friendly and willing you teach you anything you need help with. Never been involved in a more friendly community.

 

1 hour ago, chellesan said:

1 i think this game can be fun when playing solo, but will be more difficult offcourse

2 playing online is pretty easy, you can always ask help from randoms or you can join them if you looking for sos rooms

 

1 hour ago, SkyesUnholy said:

The game isn't too hard solo, but it is slightly more challenging when not playing with other players (for the most part). With the addition of Iceborne, a strong armor set (accessible from literally the beginning of the game) and a new weapon tree (for each weapon type) were added into the game specifically for people to have an easier time and to get to the expansion much faster. So the base game actually got easier, but you don't have use said equipment to make it easier on yourself, if you prefer the original challenge.

With that said, the game is a lot of fun, and also surprisingly a lot of fun can be had when playing with randoms. Playing with other players is super accessible; you can use what's called an "SOS Flare" any time during any quest (with the exception of main story quests where you need to watch all available cutscenes first, but the game lets you know when the feature becomes available). This allows you to let other people join and drop into your quest, and of course, you can do the same thing by joining other players' quests while their SOS is active.

 

Thank you for these replies, you've pretty much finished selling me on this. I've been pining for a nice, grindy game to tide me over for a few months and this seems to be the perfect one.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KKrischanz said:

 

 

 

Thank you for these replies, you've pretty much finished selling me on this. I've been pining for a nice, grindy game to tide me over for a few months and this seems to be the perfect one.

It's definitely the best grinding game out there since the grinding is actually incredibly fun. You'll have a blast. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.