PS4 diamond cup vs. Vita diamond cup

IntroPhenom

I was able to platinum Rayman Legends on PS4, but that may be due to it not requiring a diamond cup victory.  I tried and tried, but just couldn't do it.  Is the Vita version of the game much different?  Touch controls must offer some difference, but more specifically does anything make achieving a diamond cup on the Vita more doable?

I prefer the vita game play to the consoles but the mp is dead compared to the consoles. This means if you want to get diamond cup you must be number 1 (sometimes 2) but your going against people who play everyday. It is possible but a lot of hard work and effort must be put in to master all mechanics. But thecmost practicle way of getting a diamond cup is for there to be a murphy glitch which happens once in a blue moon ( this is where everyone is capped at a certain distance as it forces your death at that distance) overall if you need that 100% dont start unless a Murphy glitch happens. If you want to play because you like the game i would recommend. Must add getting gold cups is hard enough so getting 2000 points in mp is a drag too.

'legit' earning diamonds is near to impossible, ur up against some extremely skillfull players that have been playing for years, besides its pretty dead so u could say 'only 1st gets diamond' & with a minimum of 2 or 3 people 'trying hard' on each sort of challenge

Ur only hope would be the glitched murfy distances, but those are rather rare (i encountered 3 or 4 in the last 2 years) 

Other than that some people (like me) try to get equal scores on some challenges (mostly dojo) so we can 'be first' with multiple people so we 'duplicate' diamond cups, but that would mean u need to learn those particular challenges

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

so u could say 'only 1st gets diamond' & with a minimum of 2 or 3 people 'trying hard' on each sort of challenge

You should add : "even the 1st could not gain diamond" since now a lot of challenges are not granted by even one diamond ^^ : since more than one year, the 0 diamond spot was finally reached on vita (of course only on distance challenges and randomly)

5 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

Do you think this site is the best place to monitor Murphy glitches, or do you know of another?

Yes this is the most consistent place to look.  I have seen it other places, but mostly here.

I was lucky in that I found a challenge ("Gather them quickly" in the castle) where there was pretty much a finite way to do it for the most part.  But other than that yeah you have to be looking out for glitches.  Also, remember some of the glitches are hard.  You may only get a couple in a year where just on that day specifically where it glitches at 400 meters.  The other few will be at like 3000 meters, which is not easy.

Also, take note, the reset times are not the same.  Right now in central US, PS4 resets at 2am for me, but vita resets at 6pm.  Because of this, I missed a glitched 400 meter challenge because I didn't know that.

• Like 1

Just look at the most recent 50 earners of this trophy: at least 49 of them earned it thanks to a glitch (a bunch on December 5 last year, and a bunch on November 28), since it's essentially impossible to get legit nowadays. It used to be a lot easier, when the online for this game was still active, so don't be misled by the trophy's high completion percentage.

• Like 1

The diamond cup & final level of awesomeness grind was the reason I wasn't bothering with the platinum on this one (Vita) but luckily I managed to get in on a glitch last year, I actually managed to get 2 diamond cups in quick succession (one glitch, then a day or so later I got one legitimately) so now I've been grinding the last trophy, I manage to get a gold cups each day (or 1 gold & 1 silver) and gold for the weekly challenges, I have about four weeks of playing left for the plat - personally speaking the Vita platinum is a tough one to recommend bothering with

@CoinCoinRom1 probably not, as long as the vita server dont shut down on itself (Vita is like a solo 'generation') they won't shut down

Last year every Rayman Legends has been 'offline' for 3 days or so (for every console), but it got fixed quite fast 

Only the PC version didn't get back on (offline since October i believe) but that was 'due to something else' & it is 'unrepairable' 

Nonetheless because they fixed the server status for all the rest i think its safe to assume they arent intending on shutting the game down

3 hours ago, Chettlar said:

Wait the PC version's servers are unrepairable?  What kind of nonsense is that?

Didn't they just even make a switch version and everything?

Dunno, all i know is that pc was down weeks before 'everything else got offline' & when they fixed that, pc was still off

Rayman Legends has 3 'new gen' consoles (PS4, Xbox1, Switch), 4 'old gen' consoles (PS3, Xbox360, WiiU, PC) & 1 'vita gen' which is... Vita ?

Vita is the most dead console out of all of these