How is this possible ?

gamitech

I recently platinumed Red Dead Redemption 2 and I was browsing the game page to check out all sorts of trophy stats.
Then I clicked on the 100% Club and on the Fastest achievers column there's this one guy who's platinumed it in ~4 days.
For anyone that's played RDR2 and tried to go for the platinum you know how incredibly grindy it can get. Even with glitches.
How is that possible ?

Could be, but for example there are some missions in the game where you have to kill certain animals or survive a bear attack etc..
Those animals don't spawn all that often. Even trying to save/close game/reload they are still extremely rare spawns. I'm talking about the mission where you need egret plumes or the taxidermy mission where you have to hunt perfect bird carcasses. Some of the spawns are incredibly rare and you have to do it multiple times.
Also then there are the online trophies. Most of them yes can be boosted, but still. Reaching rank50 in less than 4 days, as the main game itself is incredibly long...
Really crazy stuff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vgAlias said:

Both accounts are mine (the number one and 2 spot). The number 2 spot was my third attempt, and the number one spot was me doing the offline for a speedrun as well as it being double XP that weekend. Ive also cleared the campaign a total of 11 times (currently) and going to attempt a faster run during the next double xp event

Im just trying to get my platinum, and this guy is filling the whole leaderboard with his name like it's nothing lol. Congrats btw, that's a hell of an achievement. 

2 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

Im just trying to get my platinum, and this guy is filling the whole leaderboard with his name like it's nothing lol. Congrats btw, that's a hell of an achievement. 

Thank you! It takes a lot of preparing, trust me lol. Not only this game, but MANY others. If you need help with the online, let me know:)

6 minutes ago, gamitech said:

What's your strat to get to level 50 quick ? ( I'm just curious, I platinumed myself a few days ago)
Also, how do you deal with the rare spawns during the single player story ( the rare birds, or the bear attacks ) ?

I don't know what the guys methods are but outside of the Rio Grande Turkey, spawns can be manipulated.

The bear especially isn't too bad. Setup camp near a bear spawn, get attacked, sleep twice at camp, save and quit, sleep 2 more times, bears back. Works with cougars too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gamitech said:

What's your strat to get to level 50 quick ? ( I'm just curious, I platinumed myself a few days ago)
Also, how do you deal with the rare spawns during the single player story ( the rare birds, or the bear attacks ) ?

The first time I did the online I took advantage of being able to replay one of the online missions and then just dying before completing it. Once it was patched I simply played online (large events) and ignored the objective, and just camped spawns. You get way more xp off of just farming kills than playing the objective. (Plus double xp) 

Bear attacks were easy for me (each time ive done it) just have to find the bears, but imo they have set spawns/locations, just a matter of not failing to kill it after it attacks you and before you stand up. 

You also need to be able to gold medal missions as you play to the point where you dont have to replay any missions to get your gold medals. When going for a speed run, most trophies need to become “story related” to you?

38 minutes ago, gamitech said:

That's a pretty insane achievement. Congrats.
I can't even wrap my head around platinuming RDR2 in ~4days. That's fucking insane.

Can I add you a friend in PSN in case I need help for some other game we might have in common ?

Sure. Add this account (vgAlias) its going to be my last account/main account. Im tired of making new accounts to break records lol. I just got Days Gone record like 1-2 weeks ago on my vgRonin account, but want to break that record this weekend ?

5 hours ago, vgAlias said:

Edit: I should also mention that the number two spot was all me, but the number 1 spot i only did all of the offline while my friend played online. The only online i did was grind the final few levels for that attempt. My third and final speed record run will be strictly me. Idk if Ill get number one, but close to it. Definitely number 2 at the very least, but thatd still mean I have the top 3 spots

There is a post of you personally stating that you got the plat in 1 week 4 days by having a friend do the online while you were doing the campaign. 

Edited by Arcesius

Both accounts are mine (the number one and 2 spot). The number 2 spot was my third attempt, and the number one spot was me doing the offline for a speedrun as well as it being double XP that weekend. Ive also cleared the campaign a total of 11 times (currently) and going to attempt a faster run during the next double xp event.

Edit: I should also mention that the number two spot was all me, but the number 1 spot i only did all of the offline while my friend played online. The only online i did was grind the final few levels for that attempt. My third and final speed record run will be strictly me. Idk if Ill get number one, but close to it. Definitely number 2 at the very least, but thatd still mean I have the top 3 spots

If you need a new account you can try and break the record on mine any time ?

The first time I did the online I took advantage of being able to replay one of the online missions and then just dying before completing it. Once it was patched I simply played online (large events) and ignored the objective, and just camped spawns. You get way more xp off of just farming kills than playing the objective. (Plus double xp) 

Bear attacks were easy for me (each time ive done it) just have to find the bears, but imo they have set spawns/locations, just a matter of not failing to kill it after it attacks you and before you stand up. 

You also need to be able to gold medal missions as you play to the point where you dont have to replay any missions to get your gold medals. When going for a speed run, most trophies need to become “story related” to you1f602.png

I didn't do math, but once you get MVP done wouldn't collector roll be faster to farm? I think money should be better, but I'm not sure how xp would go. Map is full of collectible. I think east side of map with having help of finding locations on internet could be efficient. 

I just finished Just Cause 3, which is about a 50 - 75 hour platinum depending on how fast you get the collectibles and how good you are at beating 112 challenges.

The #1 fastest achiever for that game (Shadiochao) whom I've talked to a few times in the years I've been here on PSNProfiles got 100 percent in Just Cause 3 in just over three days. It took me just over a week busting my ass, and I failed to reach the front page on the Fastest Achievers.

Just goes to show you guys, there is always going to be someone better.

The top 10 times for Red Dead Redemption 2 however are absolutely insane. I would go suicidal if I finished it in over four days. That is impressive and crazy no matter how you guys look at it.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2