Trophy Families Guide 2.0

Malachen

19 minutes ago, Tabithathecat00 said:

Any easy way to get the "Basket Case" trophy? Like, can I download a sim from the gallery to get that easily? I don't have any of the expansion packs and I am pretty sure the Pets expansion makes it easier but I don't have the money to get it... :/

The video in the trophy guide here is pretty good to get it done in 20 minutes. If you search Basketcase on the gallery, you should find a few houses that have items in to get you in all the required moods.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tabithathecat00 said:

Any easy way to get the "Basket Case" trophy? Like, can I download a sim from the gallery to get that easily? I don't have any of the expansion packs and I am pretty sure the Pets expansion makes it easier but I don't have the money to get it... :/

So I haven't played the game yet, though I plan to, so I have read the guides in preparation.  I don't care much for the guides here most of the time, the format is the main problem for me, I just can't stand it, and the guide for this game is really no different.  If you want to try to follow the video in the guide here, go for it, but I was turned off by the fact that in the description he says 'you don't need hats from the deluxe pack' and then the entire video is him using hats.  I dunno, maybe I missed something as I haven't played the game yet.  But I found the step by step written guide on another site to be a better fit for me and will try to use that when I play the game... soon-ish.  It might not be easy, but it appears to be a very comprehensive walkthrough for that trophy.  I'll link it here - LINK - if you want to give it a look.  Btw, when the author says you can use unlock codes, all of these are written out in the main game road map on that site (just click 'Trophy Guide') on the grey toolbar near the top.

Disclaimer: I hate being 'that guy' and trying to give advice about games I haven't yet played, but at this point in my trophy hunting journey, I've found a certain degree of reliability in trophy guides.  The one I linked to is written by someone whose guides I've used before and that site is my primary source of trophy guides and I can't recall a single time they've ever let me down.  So I hope this case is no different.  Good luck acquiring your trophies!

• Like 1

I already got the triplets and basketcase. For the triplets make sure you dont have max sims like i do.haha

I am using malachen's family and i merge a pregnant sim with triplets and gave birth to twins bc i reach max sims of 8 in a household.

Thank you so much malachen for your hard work.plat is on the horizon. I only gotta play for the generation and deaths. Thank you man

• Like 1

Thanks @Malachen, all careers trophies indeed popped, they just take some time, specially in the second family, but using your sims is a hella faster than the usual way, thank you for that.

Btw, for people struggling with triplets and Basket case, they can also be earned by using the gallery, just search for Triplets and download a pregnant woman, for Basket case i downloaded a house, you just need to have two sims, and one of them with the lone wolf trait, which makes him enter Tense state just by being around another sim, then you can also get Embarrassed by having the other sim reject him. But every other mood was triggered by things in the house i downloaded, just follow this Guide so you know how to trigger them. 

Besides Alphabet legacy, that took me 2~3 hours, all the others trophies can be earned pretty fast just by using the gallery and the families provided by @Malachen

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dreamboysixty9 said:

I already got the triplets and basketcase. For the triplets make sure you dont have max sims like i do.haha

I am using malachen's family and i merge a pregnant sim with triplets and gave birth to twins bc i reach max sims of 8 in a household.

Thank you so much malachen for your hard work.plat is on the horizon. I only gotta play for the generation and deaths. Thank you man

Ah glad to hear it, I thought that may have been the issue you were having ?

1 hour ago, Phantochi said:

Thanks @Malachen, all careers trophies indeed popped, they just take some time, specially in the second family, but using your sims is a hella faster than the usual way, thank you for that.

Btw, for people struggling with triplets and Basket case, they can also be earned by using the gallery, just search for Triplets and download a pregnant woman, for Basket case i downloaded a house, you just need to have two sims, and one of them with the lone wolf trait, which makes him enter Tense state just by being around another sim, then you can also get Embarrassed by having the other sim reject him. But every other mood was triggered by things in the house i downloaded, just follow this Guide so you know how to trigger them. 

Besides Alphabet legacy, that took me 2~3 hours, all the others trophies can be earned pretty fast just by using the gallery and the families provided by @Malachen

I'm working on getting them a bit closer to promotions now to make it a bit quicker. Just a pain to juggle all 5 at once so I am doing them individually then remerging the family. Should be uploaded tonight or tomorrow at which point I'll take the other copies of the families down. Great tips for the basket case trophies.

2 hours ago, olivemac said:

Hi! Thank you so much for this, I tried to download both Family 2 from the gallery (both of them) and the rosebud trophy didn't pop :( 

Did you use replace or merge when you loaded the family from the gallery at the beginning?

5 hours ago, ParzivalOwatts said:

I just tried both ways, replace causes them to only have 28k in household funds. Merging them with the current family and placing pops trophy.

Interesting, in my testing it was the opposite way round. I do think the funds from the Gallery is still a bit glitchy, it's only been added in the most recent patch so if it doesn't work, just keep trying. If anyone has trouble using replace then use merge and see what happens.

7 minutes ago, olivemac said:

I've tried both downloading and placing and downloading and merging but unfortunately both are not working for me in regards to Rosebud :) 

I'll see if I can recreate this issue and will also look into creating a video guide of this tonight to help people through the process.

• Like 1

Can anyone help with basket case? I am really struggling, there is just too long to wait for some moodlets to disappear. Is there anyway you can decrease the time for the 4 hours the moodlet stays there? I've used the one YouTube video but like I said; struggling.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 0:18 PM, olivemac said:

Can anyone help with basket case? I am really struggling, there is just too long to wait for some moodlets to disappear. Is there anyway you can decrease the time for the 4 hours the moodlet stays there? I've used the one YouTube video but like I said; struggling.

As I said before, I haven't played the game yet, but I found this list in the comments section of an off-site guide which I linked in my comment above.  The list is of each emotion - how to trigger it - how to get out of that state so you can trigger another (credit to Jaymo86 for this, NOT me):

Sad - view sad painting - then call the hotline
Playful - view painting- then cool down in a shower, or in the mirror
Flirty - view painting - then have a cold shower
Confident - view painting brush teeth - then sit for 2hrs
Angry - view painting - then have a cold shower or cool down in the mirror
Dazed - x2 coffee - then wait 2hrs
Happy - sit on a comfy chair
Sleeping - go to bed
Energized - take a brisk shower - then sit down
Focused - play chess - then nap on sofa
Inspired - take thoughtful shower - the. walk outside (have no decor out

Uncomfortable - messy house/cheap bed/hungry/toilet - then eat or have a pee

Tense - have a second sim play an Instrument and listen - then sit down
Bored - x3 same conversation with then someone - then walk away for 1hr
Embarrassing - walk in on someone in the bath or on the toilet - then talk in the mirror or with three person u seen

Fine - no emotions

4 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

As I said before, I haven't played the game yet, but I found this list in the comments section of an off-site guide which I linked in my comment above.  The list is of each emotion - how to trigger it - how to get out of that state so you can trigger another (credit to Jaymo86 for this, NOT me):

Sad - view sad painting - then call the hotline
Playful - view painting- then cool down in a shower, or in the mirror
Flirty - view painting - then have a cold shower
Confident - view painting brush teeth - then sit for 2hrs
Angry - view painting - then have a cold shower or cool down in the mirror
Dazed - x2 coffee - then wait 2hrs
Happy - sit on a comfy chair
Sleeping - go to bed
Energized - take a brisk shower - then sit down
Focused - play chess - then nap on sofa
Inspired - take thoughtful shower - the. walk outside (have no decor out

Uncomfortable - messy house/cheap bed/hungry/toilet - then eat or have a pee

Tense - have a second sim play an Instrument and listen - then sit down
Bored - x3 same conversation with then someone - then walk away for 1hr
Embarrassing - walk in on someone in the bath or on the toilet - then talk in the mirror or with three person u seen

Fine - no emotions

no need to do all that, I uploaded a family unlocking this trophy, this game getting easy... ?

On 11/02/2020 at 9:18 AM, olivemac said:

I've tried both downloading and placing and downloading and merging but unfortunately both are not working for me in regards to Rosebud :) 

I'm having this issue as well, can't get them to have more than roughly 26k :/

1 hour ago, Naomie_Len said:

no need to do all that, I uploaded a family unlocking this trophy, this game getting easy... 1f605.png

I tried making one during my testing but couldn't get the trophy to pop, I saw you had made a Grim Reaper family and a Ghost family. Between the two of us there are probably only 4 or 5 trophies that will need any amount of work lol.

42 minutes ago, Pray07 said:

I'm having this issue as well, can't get them to have more than roughly 26k :/

Did you follow the video I made? It shows the exact steps I did to get the rosebud trophy with the gallery family.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Malachen said:

I tried making one during my testing but couldn't get the trophy to pop, I saw you had made a Grim Reaper family and a Ghost family. Between the two of us there are probably only 4 or 5 trophies that will need any amount of work lol.

Did you follow the video I made? It shows the exact steps I did to get the rosebud trophy with the gallery family.

You doing a great job !! Thank you for all the hard work :D

Edited by Naomie_Len
  • Like 1

Just now, Naomie_Len said:

You doing a great job !! Thank you for all the hard work :D 

Haha thank you :D. Just glad to finally be able to give something back to the community, I have followed plenty of guides from the site and tips posted in the forums. Usually if I have played a game enough to write a guide, one has already been written ? so glad to help people earn this Plat. (Considering I haven't actually finished getting it myself lol)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Malachen said:

Haha thank you :D. Just glad to finally be able to give something back to the community, I have followed plenty of guides from the site and tips posted in the forums. Usually if I have played a game enough to write a guide, one has already been written 1f602.png so glad to help people earn this Plat. (Considering I haven't actually finished getting it myself lol)

Wow I thought this is your second account, I will be the first one to congratulate you xD 

People lucky because of the gallery update I was struggling with jobs promotions and triplets trophy in 2017 ?

11 minutes ago, NZBigC said:

Woah woah woah woah.. what? There is a family you can use that unlocks this trophy? :o

I can't post the video here I will send it to you.