Trophy Families Guide 2.0

Malachen

2 hours ago, Zjinn said:

What's should I be searching for in gallery for your family for your trophies Naomie_Len

Search for EA account ID Naomie_Len. Or for basketcase video on YouTube that was uploaded today. Can confirm that it works wonders.

I have played for half an hour in total and already have almost everything. Thanks for the hard work, everyone.

Still wanna to actually pay the game though. So I will earn one of the careers myself.

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

I know the Trophy guide has this pegged at 30 hours for the Plat, but between this and the Triple Play Sim now available in galleries, how far down has that estimate been brought? Doable in 10?

Between mine and @Naomie_Len I think it's probably doable in 4-5 hours. Alphabet legacy, which I have tried to make a family for, is gonna be the longest trophy after the rest of them and even that can be done in an hour with just cakes and aging people up. As soon as they are young adult, get them to adopt a child, age them up with the same cake if you are lucky and rinse and repeat. Once you have a family of 8 Sims, head to manage worlds and manage the household. Remove all but the most recent SIM from the family and then repeat the process. Gonna have another attempt at uploading a family but previously it had removed the legacy of the family when I have uploaded it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Malachen said:

Between mine and @Naomie_Len I think it's probably doable in 4-5 hours. Alphabet legacy, which I have tried to make a family for, is gonna be the longest trophy after the rest of them and even that can be done in an hour with just cakes and aging people up. As soon as they are young adult, get them to adopt a child, age them up with the same cake if you are lucky and rinse and repeat. Once you have a family of 8 Sims, head to manage worlds and manage the household. Remove all but the most recent SIM from the family and then repeat the process. Gonna have another attempt at uploading a family but previously it had removed the legacy of the family when I have uploaded it.

I don't think that's possible, i tried downloading a family of 25 legacy, did some more and the trophy didn't popped, same with the black widow, downloaded a woman married with the 5th lucky guy, killed him and nothing happened. That's probably because the other sims on the family tree, or the 4 spouses can't be uploaded along the sim you're downloading, they all have to be in the same 'world' to count towards the trophy, if that makes any sense lol. If you download any sim from the gallery and go to relationships or legacy tree, it's all empty every time. 

Edited by Phantochi
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Phantochi said:

I don't think that's possible, i tried downloading a family of 25 legacy, did some more and the trophy didn't popped, same with the black widow, downloaded a woman married with the 5th lucky guy, killed him and nothing happened. That's probably because the other sims on the family tree, or the 4 spouses can't be uploaded along the sim you're downloading, they all have to be in the same 'world' to count towards the trophy, if that makes any sense lol. If you download any sim from the gallery and go to relationships or legacy tree, it's all empty every time. 

This is what I have found in my testing lol. I suppose a bit of work for these trophies is gonna be needed ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malachen said:

This is what I have found in my testing lol. I suppose a bit of work for these trophies is gonna be needed 1f602.png

You're definetely going deep with this game huh lol

I also did some few tests while going for Black widow, and apparently the game counts every widow in your household towards the trophy, if you make a 8 sims household, make 4 couples, kill them, marry any sim once more, then kill it's spouse, the trophy pops, so you don't need to make the same sim widow 5 times, you can save pretty much a hour there. 

Anyway, i hope that @Miliazer sees this thread and update the sims 4 guide, cause with your tips and gallery stuff this will definetely be a 2/10 5 hours platinum. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phantochi said:

I also did some few tests while going for Black widow, and apparently the game counts every widow in your household towards the trophy, if you make a 8 sims household, make 4 couples, kill them, marry any sim once more, then kill it's spouse, the trophy pops, so you don't need to make the same sim widow 5 times, you can save pretty much a hour there. 

Anyway, i hope that @Miliazer sees this thread and update the sims 4 guide, cause with your tips and gallery stuff this will definetely be a 2/10 5 hours platinum. 

Yup this is how I got the trophy last night too. Had 4 spouses 'swim with the fishes' so the speak, and then a 5th when one of them died. With the 5th one, you can simply go back into edit household, create a new sim, then make them husband./wife to the sim whose partner died first. This is a lot faster than making two sims fall in love then marry, especially with the 2 day grieving period.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NZBigC said:

Yup this is how I got the trophy last night too. Had 4 spouses 'swim with the fishes' so the speak, and then a 5th when one of them died. With the 5th one, you can simply go back into edit household, create a new sim, then make them husband./wife to the sim whose partner died first. This is a lot faster than making two sims fall in love then marry, especially with the 2 day grieving period.

1 hour ago, Phantochi said:

Thanks for the tips on the Black Widow trophy guys, I'll add it the beginning. Happy for @Miliazer to add these families to the guide. Even though this makes the plat a lot easier I think it will stay quite rare.

I just uploaded an elderly lady 8 days into her last cycle for the Cycle of Life trophy. All you have to do is download her, put her into a household, play that household, and wait for her to die (which should be minutes as it was for me just now). This should unlock the trophy.

Search either Item Name: Circle of Life 2 or EA Account ID : NZBigC

Edited by NZBigC
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, NZBigC said:

I just uploaded an elderly lady 8 days into her last cycle for the Cycle of Life trophy. All you have to do is download her, put her into a household, play that household, and wait for her to die (which should be minutes as it was for me just now). This should unlock the trophy.

Can confirm it works, excellent deal m8

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NZBigC said:

Nice, didn't think to try creating someone for this trophy. Well done! Would you like me to add this at the beginning?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jdh0921 said:

Can confirm it works, excellent deal m8

Glad it works! Took me a while to do. I can't believe she lasted 8 days when they are supposed to die around 5 haha.

6 minutes ago, Malachen said:

Nice, didn't think to try creating someone for this trophy. Well done! Would you like me to add this at the beginning?

Definitely :D Pretty much the only thing left to do (if it can be done) are the two legacy trophies now I think?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NZBigC said:

Glad it works! Took me a while to do. I can't believe she lasted 8 days when they are supposed to die around 5 haha.

Definitely :D Pretty much the only thing left to do (if it can be done) are the two legacy trophies now I think?

I think the moving a Ghost in trophy and the Channel surfer trophy still need to be earned manually. I could be wrong on this however.

10 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

Can I just say that there is some amazing work being done by various people in the community?

All the career Trophies have become a matter of minutes, the Triple Play Trophy (arguably the biggest headache in the game) can now be cheesed, Circle of Life is taken care of, Black Widow has had a workaround found for it, leaving only the Alphabet Legacy Trophy as a bit of a timesink.

Slow clap for everyone involved.

Thank you, I know personally I put a lot of work into the 2 families I uploaded ?? the only trophy that is gonna take a bit of time now is indeed the 2 legacy trophies, I am gonna play around with that to see if we can come up with a quicker way of doing it.

Definitely doable within 4 to 5 hours now with all the uploaded families.

• Like 3

Could someone test my Legacy Player family to see if the Legacy Player trophy pops? I just uploaded a family called Legacy Player. Have the bald sim adopt a child. Have that kid blow out candles twice, then have that sim adopt a new child. The trophy popped for me after I did this.

Search either Item Name: Legacy Player or EA Account ID : NZBigC

Edit: I just tried this on an alt account and the trophy popped! It is 2:42am here in NZ so I do not have time to go for the 26 generations trophy, so hopefully someone can continue on with this one to get there.

Also @Malachen feel free to also add this to the front page :)

Edited by NZBigC
Tested and trophy popped
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Trophy_System_ said:

Thanks for the awesome families! Made things a lot more quicker!!

I have a feeling every single person on the current fastest achievers list will no longer be there within a month or so. If someone manages to get the 26 generations trophy out the way, could this be done within in 1 to 2 hours?! :o 

59 minutes ago, NZBigC said:

Could someone test my Legacy Player family to see if the Legacy Player trophy pops? I just uploaded a family called Legacy Player. Have the bald sim adopt a child. Have that kid blow out candles twice, then have that sim adopt a new child. The trophy popped for me after I did this.

Edit: I just tried this on an alt account and the trophy popped! It is 2:42am here in NZ so I do not have time to go for the 26 generations trophy, so hopefully someone can continue on with this one to get there.

Just tried it out on an secondary account and the trophy indeed pops, that's awesome. Now thanks to you, @Malachen and @Naomie_Len this game can be done just by using the gallery, great work there.

I also have a feeling that a few of us will have the sims 4 flagged, 5 people already send me some messages on psn calling me a cheater by having half of the trophies popping in 1~2 minutes. Until this method is well know by the community, we better save some screenshots and stuff just in case we get banned. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

Just tried it out on an secondary account and the trophy indeed pops, that's awesome. Now thanks to you, @Malachen and @Naomie_Len this game can be done just by using the gallery, great work there.

I also have a feeling that a few of us will have the sims 4 flagged, 5 people already send me some messages on psn calling me a cheater by having half of the trophies popping in 1~2 minutes. Until this method is well know by the community, we better save some screenshots and stuff just in case we get banned. 

I did wonder if this would occur. May need to notify some moderators of the changes so people don't get flagged. I have only posted it at this site so far. 

Did you get the first legacy trophy or both using @NZBigC family?

25 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

You are welcome ? 

There is no cheating .. I know some people do not believe this is the newly updated gallery from the game ..not cheating .. we just sharing families to make it easier for people to earn the platinum, I worked so hard in 2017, it took me over one month to figure out my way to finish the game. we don't know one day the game will close the shared gallery after the game gets older like any other online games closing servers. I love this game so much! I was like wow people lucky with gallery update the platinum now super easy.

52 minutes ago, Naomie_Len said:

You are welcome 1f601.png 

There is no cheating .. I know some people do not believe this is the newly updated gallery from the game ..not cheating .. we just sharing families to make it easier for people to earn the platinum, I worked so hard in 2017, it took me over one month to figure out my way to finish the game. we don't know one day the game will close the shared gallery after the game gets older like any other online games closing servers. I love this game so much! I was like wow people lucky with gallery update the platinum now super easy.

Yeah I gave up on it 2 years ago when I saw the triple play trophy. I shouldn't imagine they will take down the gallery for a long time as I feel they may try to integrate it into Sims 5. Similar to LBP system where you can access stuff across 1, 2, and 3. It isn't cheating and is using something in game so if it does get flagged I feel the mods will pick up on it pretty quick. Gonna tag @MMDE in to give the Cheater Removal Team a heads up that the close timestamps is all above board.

2 hours ago, NZBigC said:

Just used your family to unlock Alphabet Legacy as well, 10 less people made it a hell of a lot easier, appreciate! I used Trop-Hee family with the money to add one of the members in to the family to get more money to fund the adoptions, then removed her straight away so I wouldn't get confused 

8 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

Strange, I'm currently searching for the families and none of them is popping up, only the random ones. No trophy related family is showing

Have you tried searching by EA Account ID and searching my name? Sometimes the PS on screen keyboard adds a space on the end. Check that it hasn't done that.

EDIT: I see you've sorted it now. The game is indeed glitchy and poorly optimised on PS4 which is a shame cos it is good fun. At least trophy hunters won't have to suffer with it for too long now ?

Edited by Malachen
User fixed issue