Trophy Families Guide 2.0

Malachen

EA patching the game to lock us out of the Trophy exploits is an interesting conversation to have. On the one hand, I doubt they care enough about a very small contingent of turbo Trophy OCD patients cheesing their way to the Plat, but on the other hand, experience with EA learns that, if they have the opportunity to fuck you over and suck the fun out of a game, they absolutely will do it. But then to go against that, EA/Maxis have always encouraged cheating on the Sims, so I don't even know, bro.

My suggestion would be not to advertise these tricks anywhere, so as to let sleeping dogs lie.

Edited by Golem25

4 minutes ago, olivemac said:

Hi, me again lol. Any help/tips for 'ghostly', it's the last trophy I need to get :)

Make a married couple, make one elderly, get them to chat to each other and WooHoo till they're 100 friendship 100 romance. Kill the elderly one off somehow, I would just stick lifetimes to short and let them die naturally. Once they have died stick the urn outside and you should notice within a few days the ghost of them appears. You should be able to immediately ask them to move in which should pop the trophy.

53 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

EA patching the game to lock us out of the Trophy exploits is an interesting conversation to have. On the one hand, I doubt they care enough about a very small contingent of turbo Trophy OCD patients cheesing their way to the Plat, but on the other hand, experience with EA learns that, if they have the opportunity to fuck you over and suck the fun out of a game, they absolutely will do it. But then to go against that, EA/Maxis have always encouraged cheating on the Sims, so I don't even know, bro.

My suggestion would be not to advertise these tricks anywhere, so as to let sleeping dogs lie.

Yeah I'm not sure the stance they will take on it. They probably don't even care about the plat, they are after people who will buy all the dlc and get them more cash. This isn't really draining from that at all. They also made a trophy auto pop themselves back in SSX so they might just let it be. Then again, it is EA ??

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Malachen said:

Make a married couple, make one elderly, get them to chat to each other and WooHoo till they're 100 friendship 100 romance. Kill the elderly one off somehow, I would just stick lifetimes to short and let them die naturally. Once they have died stick the urn outside and you should notice within a few days the ghost of them appears. You should be able to immediately ask them to move in which should pop the trophy.

Can't you use your second family (the one with the astronaut and criminal) and use a trait to turn one of them in a ghost? 

8 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

Can't you use your second family (the one with the astronaut and criminal) and use a trait to turn one of them in a ghost? 

Nah using the trait doesn't pop the Ghostly trophy. You have to actually ask them to move in to pop it and from the tests I've done it doesn't pop from a ghost invited in this way. Gonna mess around with it later.

58 minutes ago, Malachen said:

1 hour ago, olivemac said:

Hi, me again lol. Any help/tips for 'ghostly', it's the last trophy I need to get :)

The way I got it was I had a ghost in one household become best friends (100% friendship) with a neighbour. I had them both talk and hang out together, and when the ghost left, I invited him back over to continue their conversation/bonding until they were both at 100% friendship. I could then invite him to live in the household, and once I did and the ghost accepted, the trophy popped.

Perhaps you could even try it with a married couple? Turn one of them into a ghost, evict the ghost/make the ghost move to another household, then get the human partner to invite them to live in the household again? 

Edited by NZBigC

Just now, Trophy_System_ said:

hey guys im having some trouble popping the rosebud trophy ($1,000,000) im using the second family by Malachen but the trophy won't pop. already deleted/redownloaded the families and tried different lots. any tips/advice?

Hey, I had problems but then when I followed the exact way in the video he produced I popped it. Did you follow the exact way in the video? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, olivemac said:

Hey, I had problems but then when I followed the exact way in the video he produced I popped it. Did you follow the exact way in the video? 

Thanks for your help just got the platinum!! I had to use family 1 instead of family 2 to pop the rosebud trophy. noticed it in the video.

Ps. A BIGGGG thanks for al the family downloads you guys are awesome!!

2 hours ago, Trophy_System_ said:

Thanks for your help just got the platinum!! I had to use family 1 instead of family 2 to pop the rosebud trophy. noticed it in the video.

Ps. A BIGGGG thanks for al the family downloads you guys are awesome!!

Yep I changed the families round my bad ?? I need to go back over the guide at the beginning to make sure it's right. It's right in the video lol

3 hours ago, NZBigC said:

The way I got it was I had a ghost in one household become best friends (100% friendship) with a neighbour. I had them both talk and hang out together, and when the ghost left, I invited him back over to continue their conversation/bonding until they were both at 100% friendship. I could then invite him to live in the household, and once I did and the ghost accepted, the trophy popped.

Perhaps you could even try it with a married couple? Turn one of them into a ghost, evict the ghost/make the ghost move to another household, then get the human partner to invite them to live in the household again? 

This is a much better idea. Didn't even think of doing this.

EDIT: In the process of writing a Trophy Walkthrough to publish to the site that will hopefully be clearer than the mess at the beginning of this thread :D:D

EDIT2: So, using Criminal and Painter, get them to 100% friendship. Use traits.equip_trait laugh to kill one of them. Then use the phone and spilt from household with the human one and move in to Bargain Bend which is next door to Streamlet Single. You should be able to zoom out and see the Ghost next door. Simply click on him and select Invite to Household and the trophy will pop. Takes around 10 minutes in total.

Edited by Malachen
Added quick method for Ghostly.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Malachen said:

EDIT2: So, using Criminal and Painter, get them to 100% friendship. Use traits.equip_trait laugh to kill one of them. Then use the phone and spilt from household with the human one and move in to Bargain Bend which is next door to Streamlet Single. You should be able to zoom out and see the Ghost next door. Simply click on him and select Invite to Household and the trophy will pop. Takes around 10 minutes in total.

Thanks, was going to use Black Widow as a opportunity to get that trophy but since I have already that family I will do with them

23 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

So if I’m reading correct I just need to download some families and all in all only 2 trophies need some work?

Yup and even those 2 trophies have been gotten down to around 30 minutes total so very little work is required. You have to do a little extra stuff with the first two families but you have to wait for them to go to work to get the career trophies anyways so it doesn't add any time on to the plat and it is all detailed in the guide. I've submitted a far better laid out one just waiting for review. Gonna reorganise the first post tonight however to make sure it all looks good.

EDIT: Done a small tidy on the guide so it is a bit clearer on some aspects.

Edited by Malachen
Added info about guide tidy
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Malachen said:

Yup and even those 2 trophies have been gotten down to around 30 minutes total so very little work is required. You have to do a little extra stuff with the first two families but you have to wait for them to go to work to get the career trophies anyways so it doesn't add any time on to the plat and it is all detailed in the guide. I've submitted a far better laid out one just waiting for review. Gonna reorganise the first post tonight however to make sure it all looks good.

EDIT: Done a small tidy on the guide so it is a bit clearer on some aspects.

Just saw the text now on the first page and thank you very much for all your effort!

I'll probably start tomorrow and try to get the platinum as fast as possible. Free platinums never hurt especially ultra rares :P 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Just saw the text now on the first page and thank you very much for all your effort!

I'll probably start tomorrow and try to get the platinum as fast as possible. Free platinums never hurt especially ultra rares :P 

You're welcome! Shout out to @Naomie_Len, @NZBigC, and @Phantochi for the other families and the tips on getting the "manual" trophies. Fastest time is 4 hours 11 minutes so far I believe. If you start with the Black Widow trophy, you may be able to get this in 3 hours. I may rearrange to put that trophy at the beginning as it is the most time consuming and slows the end of the Plat down. If however, it is the first trophy you earn, the Plat time will be quicker.