Trophy Families Guide 2.0

Malachen

Hey everyone, I got the platinum earlier today thanks to families downloaded from @Malachen, @Naomie_Len and @NZBigC. Stellar work from you all and to anyone else who posted tips along the way they were much appreciated as well. I couldn't play the game in one stretch but I think if I could have I'd have been done in 3.5 - 4 hours tops

• Like 3

Just now, Deluziion90 said:

I cant seem to get ghostly to work.

I got all the trophies for family 2 and killed one of the 2 from the married couple but after that I get kinda stuck on what to do next

Are they at 100 friendship? If so, move one of them out to the lot next door using the phone to split household and move. Give them enough cash to buy the lot next door. Now the lot will load and you will have just the ghost. If you already got the career trophies with both then simply zoom out to the house next door and you should see the neighbour. If not, go round to the house and select the sim they are married to. One of the options should say invite to household. If it doesn't, then leave the person in this house and manage worlds from the main menu. Play as the original family again and choose the married Sim and select the Sim who should be in your house to move in. I will do a video on this asap. I hope this helps a bit though 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Malachen said:

Are they at 100 friendship? If so, move one of them out to the lot next door using the phone to split household and move. Give them enough cash to buy the lot next door. Now the lot will load and you will have just the ghost. If you already got the career trophies with both then simply zoom out to the house next door and you should see the neighbour. If not, go round to the house and select the sim they are married to. One of the options should say invite to household. If it doesn't, then leave the person in this house and manage worlds from the main menu. Play as the original family again and choose the married Sim and select the Sim who should be in your house to move in. I will do a video on this asap. I hope this helps a bit though 

Thanks I think its ths friendship! Its not fully green. But the description is clear enough now. Thanks again nearly done?

24 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Thanks I think its ths friendship! Its not fully green. But the description is clear enough now. Thanks again nearly done1f601.png

Yeah the bar needs to be full green. It's easier to get it while they are both still alive and in the same house. Then once it is at 100 you can kill one of them off and carry on with the rest of it

• Like 1

This guide is absolutely fantastic and worked like a charm, apart from the get a million trophy but managed to brute force that by filling an empty lot with fridges, moving a single sim in from gallery as the neighbours and bulldozing but that minor inconvenience was massively offset by the ease of everything else! I can see this being doable in 2 (maybe under) hours if you get a good run at everything!

Thanks again for everyones work!

So I tried to find a random couple for the Black Widow trophy in the gallery. What I did was just use the same couple needed to get up to 8 household members. I then killed the husband of each couple, added the same couple and killed the husband so equal the 5 spouses needed for the trophy but it did not pop. Dont know if that method just does not work or it glitched out on me. But I hope this helps if anyone tries to try that same method!

6 hours ago, CaptainPrizun said:

This guide is absolutely fantastic and worked like a charm, apart from the get a million trophy but managed to brute force that by filling an empty lot with fridges, moving a single sim in from gallery as the neighbours and bulldozing but that minor inconvenience was massively offset by the ease of everything else! I can see this being doable in 2 (maybe under) hours if you get a good run at everything!

Thanks again for everyones work!

Hmm interesting, every time I have tested it the family has had 1 million simoleons and the rosebud trophy has popped. 2 hours would be possible if you could get a perfect run at everything but the game runs poorly with more than 2 Sims lol.

2 hours ago, drummer360540 said:

So I tried to find a random couple for the Black Widow trophy in the gallery. What I did was just use the same couple needed to get up to 8 household members. I then killed the husband of each couple, added the same couple and killed the husband so equal the 5 spouses needed for the trophy but it did not pop. Dont know if that method just does not work or it glitched out on me. But I hope this helps if anyone tries to try that same method!

Hmm I'll do some more testing on this today and see if I can recreate it not working.

EDIT: Just checked we have a new fastest achiever at 3 hr 13mins @CaptainPrizun

Edited by Malachen
Added new fastest achiever

That is a nice layout there, I'll admit, mine is going on the fact you have either done the tutorial or played sims previously so this is real nice. When I wrote the original topic it was supposed to just be a quick thing to show people it could be done but it turned into a lot more than that lol. Doing a video guide at the weekend which should hopefully be foolproof.

EDIT: Also the walkthrough I submitted contains some of these extra details as well. There are a few things such as the radio channels and TV channels I may need to add. 

Edited by Malachen

5 minutes ago, naotsugulh said:

None of your famiies seem to come with Rosebud trophy. Anyone know of any families that can get me the Rosebud trophy?

The first Trop-hee family should get it for you. They should have around 1.1mill simoleons. If you select New Game, then use that family from the Gallery and click Replace, you should pop it as soon as you place the family in a lot

2 minutes ago, Malachen said:

The first Trop-hee family should get it for you. They should have around 1.1mill simoleons. If you select New Game, then use that family from the Gallery and click Replace, you should pop it as soon as you place the family in a lot

Okay cool, it worked doing it this way. My bad. Thank you very much.

Got the platinum in 15 hours thanks to Malachen and all the other people who shared sims on the community, big thumbs up for everyone!

Also for the "Black widow" trophy i used a slightly different (and maybe longer) method. I made a new elder sim on the household with the trop-hee family and set it to married to one of the women there and made them woohoo until the reaper came for him. It may take longer but it works and hey, death from snu-snu is an honorable way for a sim to leave ?

Edited by malandrins94
  • Like 2

On 2/14/2020 at 9:29 AM, Phantochi said:

Just tried it out on an secondary account and the trophy indeed pops, that's awesome. Now thanks to you, @Malachen and @Naomie_Len this game can be done just by using the gallery, great work there.

I also have a feeling that a few of us will have the sims 4 flagged, 5 people already send me some messages on psn calling me a cheater by having half of the trophies popping in 1~2 minutes. Until this method is well know by the community, we better save some screenshots and stuff just in case we get banned. 

My biggest fear, so I asked a CRT member for input. Basically it does exactly what a save file would do, EXCEPT it is an in game function repeatable by ANY user so...by those standards it should really be ok...I hope lol....either way I'll wait for reassurance for now, thank you for putting this together though

So, received confirmation that this is indeed ok to do. Woot I'll see how fast I can go tomorrow.

Edited by Asmund89

3 hours ago, Asmund89 said:

My biggest fear, so I asked a CRT member for input. Basically it does exactly what a save file would do, EXCEPT it is an in game function repeatable by ANY user so...by those standards it should really be ok...I hope lol....either way I'll wait for reassurance for now, thank you for putting this together though

So, received confirmation that this is indeed ok to do. Woot I'll see how fast I can go tomorrow.

Haha yeah it is an in game feature so anyone can repeat it without having to do anything dodgy. The guide is published now.

• Like 2