Malachen

Trophy Families Guide 2.0

235 posts in this topic

Missed the speed run by 4 minutes on Captain, It can be done in 2 hours though definitely, some of the descriptions weren't so great as far as saving time went, vegetables grow faster than fruit, if you wait for fruit to grow just shoot yourself in the foot lol because that's a lost cause, you can graft vegetables to other vegetables. To age up for trophy you MUST use a birthday cake (in my experience) I aged up two different sims and never got the trophy until I did a birthday cake.

 

Rosebud confused me at first as I didn't know you meant go to the gallery from the character creation screen, so instead I made a blah sim, move him in, then downloaded from the gallery while in world manager ...just kept on doing it because someone else said it might take a few tries 🙃, finally I noticed oh look the gallery symbol is available in the character creator :facepalm:...I'll take a temporary #2 spot though. Someone is bound to come along and just smash the 2 hour mark.

 

Tips for speedrunners, go after Black Widow first, but do not make the family an 8 person family (this will pop full house and start the timer) instead make a 7, with 3 couples, and 1 rando, build your pool, kill off your first 3 victims, then quickly add 2 more spouses through editor (not sure if it matters but make one of the new spouses married to our rando from before), kill off these 2 new spouses and black widow should pop this will save you about 20-25 minutes (sims can only die so fast 😈).

 

Writer barely ever goes to work so have her do the All radio and tv channels trophy

 

Also, the Astronaut and the Businesswoman are a better match as they both enjoy video games so its an easy spammable talking point, while working on the career paths get love and friendship maxed (the culinary chick is gonna take her time getting promoted so you have tons of running room to get them maxed) at some point build the rocket in the yard (for later ;) ) once you have all career paths, make the astronaut a ghost, move him in next door, send business lady over to invite him to household.....come back home and woohoo in the rocketship to pop ghostly, sex with ghost, and sex in rocket trophies...if I had done this, would've of easily saved me 30 minutes.

 

Oh and for your dead old lady run make her nap endlessly on warp speed until she croaks with lifespan setting set to short.....yes I felt bad...no I don't want to talk about it.....fine I'll talk about it, her emotes were sad and she was crying NONSTOP in her bed in between naps until she finally keeled over....😢

Edited by Asmund89
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Asmund89 said:

Missed the speed run by 4 minutes on Captain, It can be done in 2 hours though definitely, some of the descriptions weren't so great as far as saving time went, vegetables grow faster than fruit, if you wait for fruit to grow just shoot yourself in the foot lol because that's a lost cause, you can graft vegetables to other vegetables. To age up for trophy you MUST use a birthday cake (in my experience) I aged up two different sims and never got the trophy until I did a birthday cake.

 

Rosebud confused me at first as I didn't know you meant go to the gallery from the character creation screen, so instead I made a blah sim, move him in, then downloaded from the gallery while in world manager ...just kept on doing it because someone else said it might take a few tries 1f643.png, finally I noticed oh look the gallery symbol is available in the character creator :facepalm:...I'll take a temporary #2 spot though. Someone is bound to come along and just smash the 2 hour mark.

 

Tips for speedrunners, go after Black Widow first, but do not make the family an 8 person family (this will pop full house and start the timer) instead make a 7, with 3 couples, and 1 rando, build your pool, kill off your first 3 victims, then quickly add 2 more spouses through editor (not sure if it matters but make one of the new spouses married to our rando from before), kill off these 2 new spouses and black widow should pop this will save you about 20-25 minutes (sims can only die so fast 1f608.png).

 

Writer barely ever goes to work so have her do the All radio and tv channels trophy

 

Also, the Astronaut and the Businesswoman are a better match as they both enjoy video games so its an easy spammable talking point, while working on the career paths get love and friendship maxed (the culinary chick is gonna take her time getting promoted so you have tons of running room to get them maxed) at some point build the rocket in the yard (for later ;) ) once you have all career paths, make the astronaut a ghost, move him in next door, send business lady over to invite him to household.....come back home and woohoo in the rocketship to pop ghostly, sex with ghost, and sex in rocket trophies...if I had done this, would've of easily saved me 30 minutes.

 

Oh and for your dead old lady run make her nap endlessly on warp speed until she croaks with lifespan setting set to short.....yes I felt bad...no I don't want to talk about it.....fine I'll talk about it, her emotes were sad and she was crying NONSTOP in her bed in between naps until she finally keeled over....1f62d.png

It's funny you mention a lot of this as I am building the road map for my video guide at the weekend and realised a few corner cutting methods like these. This originally wasn't meant as a full speed run just a roadmap for a quicker platinum but is slowly building into a plat speeedrun guide haha.

 

I am putting black widow at the begining with 3 couples and a slightly different methodology. Gonna combine the old lady for circle of life with one of the other families so she can die while you wait for the others to pop. Good tip for astronaut and businesswoman although I didn't find it took too long to get high with the current 2. I'll mess around with it to see the timings. The video I already have up shows the gallery in the creation screen but I know a lot of people are getting confused with it (hence me making the full video guide). The guide that was posted today has it all set out a bit tidier and you can see that I suggest to age up using a cake with the triplets lady.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a small issue with Ghostly so posting here if anyone runs into this as well:

 

When I zoomed out, there was no ghost on the other empty lot and it would never appear. So instead, I traveled with my other living sim into this lot and the ghost appeared. Now I was able to "Invite to household" and Ghostly popped. From there I traveled back to my house, triggered WooHoo and the second trophy popped as well.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Malachen said:

The guide that was posted today has it all set out a bit tidier and you can see that I suggest to age up using a cake with the triplets lady.

 

Ahh crap, I must have gotten frazzled. At some point I started panicking like why isn't it popping, detailed reading turned into skimming turned into googling....you know the downward spiral of despair lol. Plus I had a timer running on my laptop that calls out the speedrun time every 10 minutes and the closer it got to captain's time the more I panicked.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Asmund89 said:

 

Ahh crap, I must have gotten frazzled. At some point I started panicking like why isn't it popping, detailed reading turned into skimming turned into googling....you know the downward spiral of despair lol. Plus I had a timer running on my laptop that calls out the speedrun time every 10 minutes and the closer it got to captain's time the more I panicked.

Haha yeah timers are always a nightmare had to speed run Silent Hill 2 recently and I hated the timer I set. Just realised my last post sounded far more confrontational than I intended lol. Cooking dinner so was distracted, re read it and was like whoops that all sounds really bad. Thanks for the extra tips for speedrunning the plat, I think 2 hours may definitely be achievable.

 

Definitely need to rewrite parts of the guide. At the moment it does assume a little too much prior knowledge of the game

8 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I had a small issue with Ghostly so posting here if anyone runs into this as well:

 

When I zoomed out, there was no ghost on the other empty lot and it would never appear. So instead, I traveled with my other living sim into this lot and the ghost appeared. Now I was able to "Invite to household" and Ghostly popped. From there I traveled back to my house, triggered WooHoo and the second trophy popped as well.

When I tried this, the option to invite to household never appeared but glad it does for some people. I shall make note of it in the guide.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a solution for the EA accounts /items/ # not appearing on the browser? I need to download NZJOEY89 family and the triplets but every time I try to search for anything I get 0 results back 

 

EDIT: Got it, don't leave blank spaces after the text. Still can't find triplets though. 

Edited by DiegoMolinams
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DiegoMolinams said:

Does anyone have a solution for the EA accounts /items/ # not appearing on the browser? I need to download NZJOEY89 family and the triplets but every time I try to search for anything I get 0 results back 

 

EDIT: Got it, don't leave blank spaces after the text. Still can't find triplets though. 

 

Just search "triplets", order by most popular (left side column) and on the top there will be blonde woman with black haired guy with at least 1500 downloads. That's the one you want.

Edited by HusKy
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DiegoMolinams said:

Does anyone have a solution for the EA accounts /items/ # not appearing on the browser? I need to download NZJOEY89 family and the triplets but every time I try to search for anything I get 0 results back 

 

EDIT: Got it, don't leave blank spaces after the text. Still can't find triplets though. 

Yes the PS4 on screen keyboard is notoriously bad and does that a lot. As for Triplets do as @HusKy

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this has been said somewhere already, I haven't been keeping track with this thread. Anyway regarding the Black Widow trophy, in the guide this seems like a lot of unnecessary setting up beforehand which I thought was strange because I was able to half-ass my way through the other 49 trophies. I said I'll be damned if I can't half-ass my way through the final trophy too. So I searched in the gallery for 'Black Widow' to see what I could find. The first two results I came upon are related to this trophy. I used the second one with around 9 downloads (don't be put off by the low download count, it's legit and works perfectly for this trophy). I saved it to my library. This is how I got the trophy in minutes without any effort on my part:

 

1) Start a new game, and load the above family from your library (remember to choose replace and not merge).

 

2) Play game and choose a spot (I once again went with Streamlet Single. We used it for 90% of the other trophies so why not?

 

3) Immediately once you load into the game the 4 elderly Sims will start dying off. Use fast forward as it takes a few minutes for the reaper to collect them all.

 

4) Once this is done, resume following the walkthrough for this part only: "Click on your house and you will see 3 little dots in the bottom right hand corner. Click this and one of the options will say Manage Household. On this screen, there will be an option to Edit the family. You will now be back in the Create-a-Sim screen." DO NOT create a new sim, I mean you could but we're half-assing, remember?

 

5) Remember our lovely elderly lady from earlier? Used for the Circle of Life trophy? She once again finds a new lease of life and will come in very handy for us here. Load her from your library and she will appear in the editing screen. Go to the top left corner to edit her relationships. Make her the wife of any of the remaining Sims in that family, doesn't matter who.

 

6) Boot back into the game. Go to options and make sure that autonomy is on full if it isn't already and change sim lifespan to short. Fast farword and she will die very shortly as in the Circle of Life trophy and after the reaper collects her the Black Widow trophy will pop.

 

No need to create your own Sims, couples, build pools or walls or anything else. All in this only takes 5 minutes or so and if you've been following the walkthrough the plat should be yours.

 

On a personal note I would like to thank Malachen for the wonderful walkthrough and the other creators mentioned within - Naomie_Len and NZJoey89. Absolute class work from all of you for turning a 25-30 hour plat into a 5 hour one. Well done

 

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HusKy said:

 

Just search "triplets", order by most popular (left side column) and on the top there will be blonde woman with black haired guy with at least 1500 downloads. That's the one you want.

Can confirm this is the one I used as well

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Apologies if this has been said somewhere already, I haven't been keeping track with this thread. Anyway regarding the Black Widow trophy, in the guide this seems like a lot of unnecessary setting up beforehand which I thought was strange because I was able to half-ass my way through the other 49 trophies. I said I'll be damned if I can't half-ass my way through the final trophy too. So I searched in the gallery for 'Black Widow' to see what I could find. The first two results I came upon are related to this trophy. I used the second one with around 9 downloads (don't be put off by the low download count, it's legit and works perfectly for this trophy). I saved it to my library. This is how I got the trophy in minutes without any effort on my part:

 

1) Start a new game, and load the above family from your library (remember to choose replace and not merge).

 

2) Play game and choose a spot (I once again went with Streamlet Single. We used it for 90% of the other trophies so why not?

 

3) Immediately once you load into the game the 4 elderly Sims will start dying off. Use fast forward as it takes a few minutes for the reaper to collect them all.

 

4) Once this is done, resume following the walkthrough for this part only: "Click on your house and you will see 3 little dots in the bottom right hand corner. Click this and one of the options will say Manage Household. On this screen, there will be an option to Edit the family. You will now be back in the Create-a-Sim screen." DO NOT create a new sim, I mean you could but we're half-assing, remember?

 

5) Remember our lovely elderly lady from earlier? Used for the Circle of Life trophy? She once again finds a new lease of life and will come in very handy for us here. Load her from your library and she will appear in the editing screen. Go to the top left corner to edit her relationships. Make her the wife of any of the remaining Sims in that family, doesn't matter who.

 

6) Boot back into the game. Go to options and make sure that autonomy is on full if it isn't already and change sim lifespan to short. Fast farword and she will die very shortly as in the Circle of Life trophy and after the reaper collects her the Black Widow trophy will pop.

 

No need to create your own Sims, couples, build pools or walls or anything else. All in this only takes 5 minutes or so and if you've been following the walkthrough the plat should be yours.

 

On a personal note I would like to thank Malachen for the wonderful walkthrough and the other creators mentioned within - Naomie_Len and NZJoey89. Absolute class work from all of you for turning a 25-30 hour plat into a 5 hour one. Well done

 

 

 

Looks good, I will test it tonight and add it to the guide. May be able to use this to condense the Circle of Life trophy and the Black Widow trophy together to cut out a step of the guide. Half-assing is definitely the name of the game with this guide and have been doing my best to make it as easy as possible for people with the littlest of efforts. It has evolved from me just making people aware that a lot of trophies could be earned from the Gallery into a full blown speed walkthrough. Impressive work by everyone contributing! It does mean I haven't been able to Plat Witcher 3 and may end up owing some guys at work a breakfast :D:D

Edited by Malachen
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Malachen said:

Looks good, I will test it tonight and add it to the guide. May be able to use this to condense the Circle of Life trophy and the Black Widow trophy together to cut out a step of the guide. Half-assing is definitely the name of the game with this guide and have been doing my best to make it as easy as possible for people with the littlest of efforts. It has evolved from me just making people aware that a lot of trophies could be earned from the Gallery into a full blown speed walkthrough. Impressive work by everyone contributing! It does mean I haven't been able to Plat Witcher 3 and may end up owing some guys at work a breakfast :D:D

I'm making a video for this Trophy

I tried this family circle life 2 by NZJoey89  2 hours ago it worked the fastest way for black widow trophy xD

Edited by Naomie_Len
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DiegoMolinams said:

I just wanna take the time to say that this whole thing is very wholesome and amazing. People creating content so it is easier for others to get trophies, people making and contributing to guides, people competing at the same time for speedruns. It's like all the positive aspects of a gaming community emerged on this game out of nowhere, truly spectacular. 

I agree with you completely! Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the guide in some way. I appreciate all of the time and effort put forth to helping others. :yay:

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right. Where do I begin? My video guide is uploading as we speak. Got the Platinum time down to 1 hour 49 minutes. There is currently no commentary on the video but should be easy to follow and I will be doing commentary at the weekend. Unfortunately as I have already done a few of the trophies on the account I created the videos on, I did not get the quickest platinum so it is up for grabs. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS CONTRIBUTED, this is a wonderful achievement for all! I will no longer be updating the first post here. Please go to the guide that is up for further updates to this guide. (This is where you will find the linked videos too.)

Edited by Malachen
Corrected my terrible math
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Malachen said:

Right. Where do I begin? My video guide is uploading as we speak. Got the Platinum time down to 1 hour 49 minutes. There is currently no commentary on the video but should be easy to follow and I will be doing commentary at the weekend. Unfortunately as I have already done a few of the trophies on the account I created the videos on, I did not get the quickest platinum so it is up for grabs. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS CONTRIBUTED, this is a wonderful achievement for all! I will no longer be updating the first post here. Please go to the guide that is up for further updates to this guide. (This is where you will find the linked videos too.)

What's your channel name?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DreddPirateRobb said:

What's your channel name?

Malachen TrophyVids. The videos are linked here.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant find that Naomie_Len ones. Am i just Stupid?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my platinum last night following the guide and only had to google how to change the relationship (in sim creator) for the Black Widow trophy. Thank you very much for this and I can finally get this game off of my backlog. 

I don't know why so many people seem to be having trouble as I followed everything exactly and had zero issues finding the stuff from the gallery.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also having trouble finding the families by @Naomie_Len in the Gallery. Anyone know how to fix this? So far, the guide has been AWESOME. Went from 7% completion to 82% in two hours last night. Thank you!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Siwz @atownmania Try searching for "Basketcase Trophy +" (that's the full name of the download, also try just "basketcase") and from there you can get to creator's profile and see all of their gallery uploads.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, too, had trouble finding the content in Gallery, but it turned out that, for some reason, PS4 was adding a space next to the creator's ID.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Deadsh0tdoubleG said:

I, too, had trouble finding the content in Gallery, but it turned out that, for some reason, PS4 was adding a space next to the creator's ID.

Yup that is usually the issue. The PS4 on screen keyboard is terrible for this in this game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.