Question about Survival on Crushing

I am just finally playing through the campaign (took me long enough!) and afterwards I plan to use sessions to put together a group to go for the DLC trophies. Before I get to that point, is there a bare minimum that I should get done myself? I think I read that there are one-use boosters that I’m given at the start that I should hang onto... is there also a minimum level or certain guns/gun levels that I *must* have before even trying to go for the “It” trophy with a group?

Sorry if this is redundant... I read through other threads but many of them are quite old and I’m not sure what the current meta is after the patches that have occurred since the DLC was released.

Edited by Gusterrhoid

Honestly, you should have played each one of the ten stages (at least on moderate) to the point where you can remember what each round holds and where to position yourself so that you can kill enemies as soon as they spawn to minimize the time spent on each round. 

In my opinion, I would definitely spend some time also hoarding relics by completing the daily challenges (you get one a day which gives you anywhere from 320-450 relics - or up to 630 if you bought Uncharted gold points to be categorized as a VIP) and then opening up the DLC gameplay chests (which cost 2500 relics now if I remember correctly) to unlock boosters, weapons and mysticals which can all make the Crushing difficulty a little bit easier. Things to keep an eye for when opening the chest are the enhanced radar booster, heavy weapons expert booster, mystical expert booster, harbinger sniper heavy weapon, path of indra mystical, and even perhaps shield of asgard mystical. You might find these items to be quite helpful as the time trials on Crushing stages can be challenging.

Definitely try to be the max level as damage outputs scale according to the level the you are (the highest being level 50) and it is quite easy to level up in the Co-op mode anyways. It's always also good to try and level up your guns to level 5, especially guns such as the FAL and M14 sniper which are strong, long ranged guns that allow you to often times spawn kill the CPU enemies. As you go for the level 5 weapons, you will also get experience on how to kill each boss and what guns/strategies work (since you will have to grind killing the same boss again and again to get a random weapon upgrade drop that may not always be the one that you are grinding for).

100% hold onto the one-use boosters you get for Co-op (especially the team boosters and phoenix rising ones) as you only get several chests to open for free before you have to start buying the Uncharted gold points to be able to open up more of the Co-op one-use booster chests. 

• Like 2